Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V2 (6/22/10) and Tighter Formation Mod V4 (6/22/2010)

Heartbraker's Avatar Libertus

Default Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V2 (6/22/10) and Tighter Formation Mod V4 (6/22/2010)

Here is my custom battle unit and faction unlocker for Napoleon: Total War

List of unlocked nations,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Bavaria
    Belgium
    Brittany
    Catalonia
    Courland
    Greece
    Hannover
    Hungary
    Ireland
    Italy
    Naples
    Batavian Republic (now available for land battles)
    Oldenburg
    Savoy
    Poland
    Romania
    Sardinia
    Saxony
    Sicily
    Swiss Confederation
    United Netherlands (now available for naval battles)
    Westphalia
    Spain, France, and England (Peninsular Campaign)
    I left out Portugal (Peninsular Campaign) because it has the same unit roster as Portugal.
    I also removed the Italian Campaign and Egyptian Campaign factions, but you can easily add the back if you want them.

Here is the list of units,
    Armed Citizenry (Everyone)
    Armed Populace (Eastern)
    Firelock Armed Populace (Eastern)
    Dutch Flanquers (Great Britain)
    Dutch Dragoons (Great Britain)
    Dutch Line Infantry (Great Britain)
    Republican Horse Guards (All Major Factions)
    Kings German Legion Dragoons (Great Britain)
    Kings German Legion Foot (Great Britain)
    Kings German Legion Light Dragoons (Great Britain)
    Kings German Legion Light Foot (Great Britain)
    Ordenza (Portugal)
    Polish Legion (France)
    Republican Guards (Everyone)
    Milan Revolutionary Infantry (France Italy Campaign)
    Modena Revolutionary Infantry (France Italy Campaign)
    Swiss Foot (France)
    Trade Ships (Everyone)
    Some new units from the Peninsular Campaign

Just so we're absolutely clear you do need the Peninsular Campaign DLC to get the new units and factions. If I am wrong tell me and I will remove the mods immediately.

To install just extract the pack file to your Napoleon: Total War data folder

I now also have a version of the mod that only unlocks factions so that the mod may work with mods that edit the units_tables

Heartbraker's Tighter Formation Mod Version 4
    I know that there are already a few other tighter formation mods available, but mine is unique in that it tightens the formations of dismounted dragoons.

I have updated the mod to also tighten the formations of the new units in the free DLC, coalition DLC, and Peninsular Campaign DLC.

Here are some screenshots of both mods

Armed Citizenry

Brunswick Line Infantry

Dutch Light Dragoons

Kings German Legion Light Foot

Kings German Legion Foot

Overhead View of the Line

Overhead View of Dragoons

To Install extract the pack file to your Napoleon: Total War data folder.

I have not tested these mods with many other mods. the ones that I am currently using are the blood mod, NTF, and Radious sound mod. If you have any problems please post on this thread and tell me what other mods you are using.
    Last edited by Heartbraker; June 22, 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Default Re: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V1 and Tighter Formation Mod V3 (5/5/2010)

When i installed this mod the Dutch were not playable as they were off the screen, could you do me a favour and make a verison that misses out: France (Egyptian Campaign)
    France (Italian Campaign)
    Oldenburg
    The King over the water!

Default Re: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V2 (6/22/10) and Tighter Formation Mod V3 (5/5/2010)

A new version of the unit and faction unlocker is available.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V2 (6/22/10) and Tighter Formation Mod V3 (5/5/2010)

Im pretty sure that unless people buy the campaign they should not be allowed to access the new units in any way in c.a's eyes.

They have issued statements against unlocking dlc before.

I have the peninsula campaign, does your update make available the new french and spanish units of the peninsular campaign for the custombattles?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

This mod is illegal Im afraid.

Like Josst said, you have unlocked the units for people who don't have the DLC.

That dude from CA posted a thread on it.

great thanks, I tested it.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Mitch, Your humble servant♔ View Post
    This mod is illegal Im afraid.

Like Josst said, you have unlocked the units for people who don't have the DLC.

That dude from CA posted a thread on it.
    Does this mod unlock the factions and units for people who don't have the DLC? I can't test this, so if anyone can tell me for sure I will appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbraker View Post
    Does this mod unlock the factions and units for people who don't have the DLC? I can't test this, so if anyone can tell me for sure I will appreciate it.
    I have most all of the DLC but I can tell you that at least it doesn't unlock any of the "prepurchase" DLC like the Scots Greys or anything like that.

Also, there are a lot of factions I can't play as because they're off the screen. Would it be at all possible to make a scroll bar? I don't know the limits of what can and can't be modded into this.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed playing this mod a lot +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbraker View Post
    Hello Heartbraker, yes I second that and it would be very helpful if we could get some feedback from players that don't have the latest PEN DLC.

Default Re: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V2 (6/22/10) and Tighter Formation Mod V4 (6/22/2010)

I have a problema when I install itto start the game m loading files I get error</SPAN> please how I can fix this</SPAN></SPAN> </SPAN>I have these mods</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

mod Mod_NTF_Main.pack;
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod SirDCC_OldGuard_v3.pack;
    mod Panzerschreck8cannons.pack;
    mod Defenses_ModV2.pack;
    mod fonts2steplarger.pack;
    mod "Brigs drum&bugle.pack";

</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

Default Re: Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker V2 (6/22/10) and Tighter Formation Mod V4 (6/22/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Odalpunk View Post
    I have a problema when I install itto start the game m loading files I get error</SPAN> please how I can fix this</SPAN></SPAN> </SPAN>I have these mods</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

mod Mod_NTF_Main.pack;
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod SirDCC_OldGuard_v3.pack;
    mod Panzerschreck8cannons.pack;
    mod Defenses_ModV2.pack;
    mod fonts2steplarger.pack;
    mod "Brigs drum&bugle.pack";

</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>
    Sorry about the slow reply, I have been without internet for a while. From your list of mods it is most likely a compatibility issue, I'm guessing either the old guard mod or Panzershreck's mod. Any mod that edits the units_stats_land table is incompatible with mine. You may want to try Toon Total War's all-in-one mod as it might already have some of your mods in it.

Can the United Netherlands be added to this mod? There to far down and I cant play them, can they be swapped with another nation?

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Can the United Netherlands be added to this mod? There to far down and I cant play them, can they be swapped with another nation?
    There's a readme file in the download which tells you how to swap the factions.
    WARNING:
    The comment above may contain offensive material that may or may not be appropriate for people above the age of 18. The guidance of your children is advised unless you press the green little button with a plus under the avatar.
    Please, please, PLEASE, god... If you give us back Freddie Mercury, we will not only give you Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus... We will give you the whole disney realitystarcrew!!!
    And if you're wondering if it's worth to give up your favourite artist, then we'll throw Jay Z and Lady Gaga in the pool too

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

hey, nice mod.
    i have one problem. when i want to play a custom battle, some factions doesnt appear because they cant be seen in the screen. i mean, i cant pplay with some factions because they don appear in the screen

Rep!

I hate to bump this, but that readme explains pretty much nothing.

I imagine that early and late availability columns are found in the unlocker_factions file but I couldn't find them even after using search in notepad++.

Even if I did find them, I have no idea what to do when I do. Do I set some of them to "late" availability if I want to remove them from the factions list in the custom battle mode? Or is there something else?

Hello, it is possible to change the names to new fations for example to call France - France Peninsular or England - England Peninsular ???

hi im Leader from a German RP Group. I search a Faction Mod with all German Factions, Mecklenburg, Hessen, Westfalen, Oldenburg, Sachsen, Bayern, Württemberg and Hannover. Sry for my bad english

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast