Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide to the ETW map

Default Re: Guide to the ETW map

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I can understand that you add the slot from Warpath so you want to be sure that there are the right specs for this slot, than cloning an existing. But why you keep it as natives_only (warpath type). If you change it to normal tribal type I think we have the first fully functional new slot added on the map and I am very excited about it !!!!

EDIT: That means that my belief that if we do not understand and handle completely CAI startpos section it is likely very wrong and I am very very glad for it! So the problem is just to decode fully all the containing stuff of a slot using taw's tool and try to make one new slot from scratch.

Please explain us how did you do it.

REP+

YOU'RE THE MAN! YOU'RE THE MAN!

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Sorry guys, but I've been here again one and a half years ago... We can add slots even in wild areas:

...which are fully functional...

... but we meet again this damn exiting bag. What is this: when you exit game it... crashes! Game works fine, you can have saves and load them, just a CTD on exit. That is why I was forced to use existing Id's for adding new building slots in cities. I hope uanime5 can help to find a solution.]

Conclusion: We can add slots but we need Id's. If we make our own the exiting bug appears. If we use existing then it is not an actual addition.

To be continued...

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Sorry guys, but [URL="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5392312#post5392312"]
    ... but we meet again this damn exiting bag. What is this: when you exit game it... crashes! Game works fine, you can have saves and load them, just a CTD on exit. That is why I was forced to use existing Id's for adding new building slots in cities. I hope uanime5 can help to find a solution.]

Conclusion: We can add slots but we need Id's. If we make our own the exiting bug appears. If we use existing then it is not an actual addition.

To be continued...
    So what this indicates is that there is still at least one other (or more) tables or files that require newly created ID's to be annotated. If you add the new ID and it works in game all the way until you exit then there has to be some entry that is missing. Is there a list somewhere indicating which files or tables where the ID numbers are needed in your example so that we can look at related files or tables to see if there is a column somewhere that needs the new ID annotated?

We know all the places where Id's are present and remember that you can play normally (if you do not exit you can play continuously), save normally, slots are there, they are developing, but when exit, game freezes.

I can understand that you add the slot from Warpath so you want to be sure that there are the right specs for this slot, than cloning an existing. But why you keep it as natives_only (warpath type). If you change it to normal tribal type I think we have the first fully functional new slot added on the map and I am very excited about it !!!!

EDIT: That means that my belief that if we do not understand and handle completely CAI startpos section it is likely very wrong and I am very very glad for it! So the problem is just to decode fully all the containing stuff of a slot using taw's tool and try to make one new slot from scratch.
    There's nothing to decode from the slot, it's just the coordinates and region number. I have tried adding a new slot but it didn't work, so I decided to edit the one I added from Warpath to try to figure out why.

What did you change 'fur:cherokee_territory:native_only' to so that it worked? I once tried 'fur:cherokee_territory:skins' but that also didn't work.

Also can you upload the mod pack you used so I can examine it to see if there is a problem with the mod pack I'm using.

Sorry guys, but I've been here again one and a half years ago... We can add slots even in wild areas:

...which are fully functional...

To be continued...
    I made up an ID and didn't add it to the CAI. As long as you don't use the same ID for two buildings ETW won't crash. So the reason for your crash probably isn't that you used the wrong ID.

Judging by your picture what's causing the crash is that you haven't give the new resource a name. This is why it says ", Texas" rather than "Smokey Plains, Texas" or "Pipe Canyon, Texas". If you add an entry to the text/localisation, such as 'campaign_map_slots_onscreen_southern_usa:natives_chickasaw_territory:south' this may fix this problem.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    There's nothing to decode from the slot, it's just the coordinates and region number. I have tried adding a new slot but it didn't work, so I decided to edit the one I added from Warpath to try to figure out why.
    Yes, now I know. I had forgotten that I used to find grids sending an army there...

What did you change 'fur:cherokee_territory:native_only' to so that it worked? I once tried 'fur:cherokee_territory:skins' but that also didn't work.
    fur:cherokee_territory:[a word whatever you like]

but this word must be the same in regions.esf also.

Also can you upload the mod pack you used so I can examine it to see if there is a problem with the mod pack I'm using.
    I will. Just cloned an existing and i entered:

fur:cherokee_territory:[a word whatever you like] | cherokee_territory | fur

I made up an ID and didn't add it to the CAI. As long as you don't use the same ID for two buildings ETW won't crash. So the reason for your crash probably isn't that you used the wrong ID.
    If you do not edit CAI you want have a CTD but will not be able to upgrade building because then it will CTD. So if you want to be upgradeable you have to edit cai_builng_slot and cai_region_slot using inoque Id's.

Judging by your picture what's causing the crash is that you haven't give the new resource a name. This is why it says ", Texas" rather than "Smokey Plains, Texas" or "Pipe Canyon, Texas". If you add an entry to the text/localisation, such as 'campaign_map_slots_onscreen_southern_usa:natives_chickasaw_territory:south' this may fix this problem.
    No it is just that I have not assigned [a word whatever you like] in _loc file to point to a name. Believe me names do not cause CTD's and I do not like to waste time with _loc editing while searching.

http://www.filefront.com/17538433/Slot_test.7z

In above link are the files to see the changes. I've placed cherokee_territory region first in REGION_MANGER because I work with the fast 1.4.3. editor which has not labels. Also I added Line of Sight to unsroud region. In CAI I've added cai_building_slot and cai_region_slot. Both are the very last in the lists so it is easy to find and delete them to try also without them. Cai Id's I used are 100395 and 100396. I added in pack building_levels just to assign 1 turn all buildings constructions. Last i added a _loc file for you to see that names are not the issue here. The entry is in the very last line.

Double post, sorry!
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 20, 2010 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks for this husserlTW. The mod pack I made was a combination of patch2.pack and patch_en.pack but you're using two separate packs. Maybe this is why my pack didn't work.

Anyway I tested it out and I see what you mean about ETW not shutting down properly and the campaign crashing when you save. The latter may have something to do with making a save file, which is almost identical to the startpos.esf (though save files are smaller for an unknown reason).

I don't know why this is happening but as the corn resource I added from Warpath worked without a problem this means that it cannot be due to any of the esf files because Warpath and the Main campaign use different esf files. So it must be due to a file that was updated when Warpath was released. As Warpath was added in patch2.pack this pack most likely has the missing file but I haven't been able to find it.

EDIT: husserlTW if you use an existing building slot and this slot's ID how much of it can you change without encountering the exiting bug? Can you change a corn resource to coffee or gold without encountering this bug?
    Last edited by uanime5; November 20, 2010 at 08:17 PM.

The strange thing is that you can save, and the game saves in every turn (auto save), so I do not think that the problem is there. In any case game does not save when closes. It saves only in every turn and whenever player asks for it. Perhaps it is the addition of the whole record (new cai_building_slot and cai_region_slot) that creates the problem and not the new Id's. But there are 2 facts I can tell for sure: Id's we used are unique and there are not other places where slots Id (fur) are present. I am sure because I checked those with alpaca's searching tool. Productions facilities seems easier to try because the horse wagon does not travel there so it seems that they related with the least startpos records.

What is happening when game closes and causes the exit bug?

husserlTW I did some more research and I think you may be right about the reasons for the crashes being due to the startpos.esf. My research is as follows.

1) I started my Warpath Cherokee corn mod. It did not have the exiting bug but ETW crashed after I tried to upgrade the new corn resource.

2) I added the new corn resource to the CAI_Interface by modifying the slot test startpos.esf you uploaded. I can now upgrade the new corn resource without ETW crashing but I now have the exiting bug.

Thus if a region slot is not in the CAI_Interface ETW will crash when it's upgraded and probably when it's destroyed. However if a region slot is added incorrectly ETW will crash when you try to exit. I have not been able to determine whether this error is in the CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS or the CAI_WORLD_REGION_SLOTS.

I decided to dive deep in CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS because there are in slots many entries that refer there and I beleive that there is where the problem is located. Here is an example of an Inuit fur slot:

Code:
    fur:labrador:coastcentral    587028448

fur
    cai Id 3571

CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS/1269/
    CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAI_INTERFACE/CAI_WORLD/CAI_WORLD_REGION_SLOTS/717/CAI_REGION_SLOT/

CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/151/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS/0/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/151/CAI_BUILDING_AVAILABILITY_ANALYSIS/

CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/152/CAI_BUILDING_OPTIONS_ANALYSIS/

CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_INTENTIONS/2/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_PROPERTY_SET/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_INTENTIONS/2/CAI_BDI_BUILDING_TYPE_CONSTRUCTION/

CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAMPAIGN_PATHFINDER/PATHFINDING_GRID/1/OBSTACLE_BASE_GRID_NODE/2826/MANAGED_OBSTACLE_BOUNDARY/0/
    CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAMPAIGN_PATHFINDER/PATHFINDING_GRID/2/OBSTACLE_BASE_GRID_NODE/4608/MANAGED_OBSTACLE_BOUNDARY/0/
    CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/CAMPAIGN_PATHFINDER/PATHFINDING_GRID/3/OBSTACLE_BASE_GRID_NODE/316/MANAGED_OBSTACLE_BOUNDARY/7/

Binaries

CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/1/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/4/CHARACTER/CHARACTER_DETAILS/PORTRAIT_DETAILS/
    CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/3/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/2/CHARACTER/CHARACTER_DETAILS/PORTRAIT_DETAILS/
    CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/30/FACTION/CHARACTER_ARRAY/14/CHARACTER/CHARACTER_DETAILS/PORTRAIT_DETAILS/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/2/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/391/CAI_INVASION_STRENGTH_ANALYSIS_REGION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/2/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/391/CAI_INVASION_STRENGTH_ANALYSIS_REGION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/3/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1118/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/3/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1118/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/3/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1578/CAI_INVASION_STRENGTH_ANALYSIS_REGION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/3/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1578/CAI_INVASION_STRENGTH_ANALYSIS_REGION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/4/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1814/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/4/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1814/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/9/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/117/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STRE

NGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/9/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/117/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STRE

NGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/10/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/82/CAI_INVASION_STRENGTH_ANALYSIS_REGION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/10/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_DESIRES/157/CAI_BDI_TARGET_REGION_BASE/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/151/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/151/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS/0/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_DESIRES/30/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS/0/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/19/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1262/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/19/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1262/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/19/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1394/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/19/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1394/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/25/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/196/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/25/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/196/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/26/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1314/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/26/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1314/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/26/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1435/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/26/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/1435/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_ST

RENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/29/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/489/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/29/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/489/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/29/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/660/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/29/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/660/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/30/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/466/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/30/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/466/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/30/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/647/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/30/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_BELIEFS/647/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH/CAI_REGION_MILITARY_STRENGTH_FACTION_STRENGTHS/0/CAI_MILITARY_STR

ENGTH_FOR_FACTION/

CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_DESIRES/30/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_DESIRES/30/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS/0/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_DESIRES/30/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS/1/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_DESIRES/30/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS/2/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_BDI_POOL/CAI_BDI_POOL_DESIRES/30/CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS/3/
    CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS/16/CAI_FACTION_BDI_POOL/
    These entries are actually in Binaries48 values that only erasmus esfeditor 1.5 beta can show. Ia am sure that taw's tool will show them. Anyway, I choose Inuit since they have one region and a couple of slots. I've noted down all binaries about faction, region, slots, etc. They are hundreds of them. Now I check every one of these numbers with alpaca's tool to see where are met in CAI. The above is a fur slot where I've met 2 numbers, plus cai slot Id and where met in these places of startpos. Now I hope taw's tool will help me to truck them down and co on from there.

Unfortunately there is not a certain pattern. Other slots have much less entries. I had checked Cai slot id of cherokee and they had not enties at all in cai_interface. But see here (first lines in code window) the cai_slot id if this fur slot (3571) that it does has connections there.

The target is to see how these entries are build and try to create new for our a new slot as we'vw done for cai_building_slot.
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 21, 2010 at 07:04 AM.

Well, im going to be sitting here on sundAY BORED, anything i can do to help? like uncover more of those "table" chart thingys?

(If there is tell me what i might need)

EDIT-- Someone said on a thread of mine that they can make dublin 5 slot city? does this help at all? if it does let me know and ill provide the thread link
    Last edited by Mattyclark; November 21, 2010 at 07:23 AM.
    She doesnt exist anymore, Forget about her and she never existed
    shell cause you no more harm
    semper fidelis

Thanks for the help but you have to be familiar with startpos basics and working with a couple of tools like these here and here which are a little tricky. We know how to add slots in cities (I've made the tutorial).

Anyway thanks again for your helping mood !

Thanks for the help but you have to be familiar with startpos basics and working with a couple of tools like these here and here which are a little tricky. We know how to add slots in cities (I've made the tutorial).

Anyway thanks again for your helping mood !
    So it was you that did that? great job,

Extra - Anyone notice that the trailer that someone posted earlier had extra regions, well when the cut it off the made a good job with the tree line outside Russia..... Very very glitchy
    Extra Extra - has anyone thought of a decent reason why they cut it off yet? just weird to cut off a ton of stuff before development
    Last edited by Mattyclark; November 21, 2010 at 08:30 AM.
    semper fidelis

Good luck examining the CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS husserlTW. The CAI_BDI_POOL is a vast nightmare that I didn't want to examine unless I had to. It's thousands of entries detailing the Belief, Desire, and Intention (BDI) of everything in ETW.

I plan to check the CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOTS and CAI_WORLD_REGION_SLOTS to see if I can figure out what the binary48 information means.

The CAI_WORLD_REGION_SLOTS binary48 information is particularly complex, for example:

Code:
       <i4_ary></i4_ary>
       <i4_ary>10125 0 14184 0 14191 0 17112 0 22092 0 23533 0 38100 0 39071 0 40127 0 44956 0 54033 0 59921 0 63813 0 64529 1 73394 0 79773 0</i4_ary>
       <u>0</u>
       <u>16</u>
       <i4_ary></i4_ary>
       <i4_ary>10125 16 14184 4 14191 7855 17112 14776 22092 19731 23533 22835 38100 37235 39071 38470 40127 39346 44956 44280 54033 53519 59921 59400 63813 63678 64529 63694 73394 72816 79773 78758</i4_ary>
       <ary type='CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS'>
       </ary>
       <u>0</u>
       <u>0</u>
       <i4_ary></i4_ary>
       <i4_ary></i4_ary>
       <i4_ary></i4_ary>
       <i4_ary>10108 10109 10110 10111 10112 10113 10114 10115 10116 10117 10118 10119 10120 10121 10122 10125 10126 10128 10129 10130 10131 10132 10134 10135 10136 10137 10138 10141 10143 10144 10148 10161 10162 10163 10164 14184 14191 17112 22092 23533 38100 39071 40127 44956 54033 59921 63813 73394 79773</i4_ary>
       <no/>
       <u>0</u>
       <no/>
    I think that the first two sets on numbers are related to each other so '10125 0' and '10125 16' means 10125 0-16, while '79773 0' and '79773 78758' means 79773 0-78758 but I don't know what these numbers represent.

I have no idea what the third line is meant to mean. But some entries use the same numbers, for example all Cherokee Territory entries have 10131 and 10148, so this line probably doesn't need to be unique.

Also husserlTW have you tried deleting the entire CAI_INTERFACE, starting ETW, and making a new CAI_INTERFACE using a hybrid startpos?

These numbers are all Binaries. I am searching them one by one. A first tip:

It seems that CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS are listed by faction cai Id and list is in the same order as CAI_WORLD_FACTIONS.

Code:
       </ary>
       <u>0</u>
       <u>0</u>
       <u4_ary></u4_ary>
       <u4_ary></u4_ary>
       <u4_ary>3 8087 44032</u4_ary>
       <u4_ary>44030 43998</u4_ary>
       <yes/>
       <u>859972120</u>
       <no/>
    Getting in CAI_BDI_POOL all CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS are connected with a 9 digit (here 859972120) which is like a faction owning id (?!)

Code:
    <rec type='CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_PROPERTY_SET'>
        <u>1</u>
        <u>73</u>
        <u>18</u>
        <no/>
        <u>326</u>
       </rec>
       <u>44002</u>
       <flt>0.0</flt>
       <flt>0.0</flt>
       <flt>0.0</flt>
       <flt>0.0</flt>
       <u>1</u>
       <no/>
       <u4_ary></u4_ary>
       <u4_ary>44000 0</u4_ary>
       <u>1</u>
       <u>0</u>
       <u4_ary>44000</u4_ary>
       <u4_ary></u4_ary>
    In CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_PROPERTY_SET small numbers are referred to regions.esf, in areas and connectivity sections.
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM.

I've found a block where all 4 slot Binaries are present together. These slots are the ones that are present. There are also 3 emerged slots but those have either way no Binaries at all. Did you meet one like this in your case? I mean is this a rule for all slots?
    Code:
       </ary>
       <u>0</u>
       <u>0</u>
       <u4_ary></u4_ary>
       <u4_ary></u4_ary>
       <u4_ary>3</u4_ary>
       <u4_ary>44292 44295 44297 44299</u4_ary>
       <yes/>
       <u>859972120</u>
       <no/>

TiagoJRToledo's Avatar Miles

I must say: you gentlemen are doing for the Total war community what the Americans did for the Manhattan Project! You guys are geniuses! I commend you for your unyielding research of one of the great mysteries of CA and Total War modding. Best of luck and good job! (I would help but my modding skills... *suck*)

"My advice to you is: get married. If you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher."

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoJRToledo View Post
    I must say: you gentlemen are doing for the Total war community what the Americans did for the Manhattan Project! You guys are geniuses! I commend you for your unyielding research of one of the great mysteries of CA and Total War modding. Best of luck and good job! (I would help but my modding skills... *suck*)
    Everyone can help, i cant mod etw, but i CAN brainstorm, modding etw doesn't have to be hard, just help us with our collaborating and it helps all the while
    semper fidelis