Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [HISTORICAL ISSUE] - Historical films from balkan states

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Historical films from balkan states

Bravo Gogo ! I am proud with you

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Asenids (although that's a rather incorrect term, since Asen was only one of the brothers and was not a family name) certainly "felt" Bulgarian, yes (as much as we can tell by their actions, words etc). However, their Vlach origins also have a very strong support in evidences. That's why the origins of the "Asenids" is one of the two complete mysteries of Bulgarian history for me (along with the origins of the ancient Bulgars), for which I see strong "conflicting" evidences and can't really take any "conclusive" stance (although there's never anything really conclusive in history anyway). In my opinion, they could very well have been ethnic Vlachs or of an ethnic Vlach lineage, but they could just the same have also been simply "Moesians" (i.e. Bulgarian "mixobarbarians"). If it wasn't for the Romance language of the modern Aromanians, I would simply come to the conclusion that Vlachs and Bulgarians were the same thing back then (mix of old Bulgars, Slavs and Romanized/Hellenized Thracians, after 893 with a predominantly Slavic language, which was the official administrative language of the Romanian principalities even till the 18th century). But the fact that the Balkan Vlachs are Romance speaking and their language indicates that they would have been Romance in the Middle Ages too, makes it a total mystery. But one thing I liked about John Fine's book about the Late Middle Ages is his view on the matter - that both Bulgarian and Romanian nationalist-historians who argue over it are quite silly, since they look at it from the eyes of modern nationalism, which simply didn't exist then and that in the Middle Ages, although ethnicities did exist, it wasn't a "rule" to create states based around them, like it is now. And in that sense, it doesn't matter what the brothers' origins were, since it matters only what they did, i.e. the creation of the Second Bulgarian Empire, at the beginning called Imperium Blachorum et Bulgarorum in Latin sources and Tsarstvo Blgarskoe in native Bulgarian ones.

Anyway, this is indeed a topic for a much bigger discussion, so I'd ask if some of the local mods here can move the related posts to the Bulgarian thread, so we can keep this one on track and only about movies.
    Last edited by NikeBG; May 11, 2010 at 05:43 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

gogo I wasn't trying to re-write history or to steal anything from Bulgarian history just wanted to have a historical debate on the subject, to look at it from different perspectives etc.

But lets keep on topic about the movies, that's I had edited my first post Wheres all the serbian movies? Im sure there have to be a few of them!

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

I know... I just feel like it's all said and there is no need of it. You won't make me change my mind, I won't change your mind too...We're living in one empire now \EU\ and we should help each other not to make fights about things from like 1000 ago
    MORAL

NapoleonSRB's Avatar Civis

This is a British documentary abaut the Serbian part in WW1, nice movie...

1/6

2/6

3/6

4/6

5/6

6/6
    Last edited by NapoleonSRB; May 11, 2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: links...
    Rodjen za Metka

Za sve Srpske dusmane!

Kosovo is Serbia!

Facebook:Петар Пензионер Мирковић

MSN:pero-bl@hotmail.com

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Ehem, no embedding, please. Better post it as links.

No, embed them, but put them in spoilers. I have fast internet, so I can't know how embedding is wrong, though.

if u want watch if not leave this topic....
    Rodjen za Metka

Za sve Srpske dusmane!

Kosovo is Serbia!

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonSRB View Post
    if u want watch if not leave this topic....
    dude thats a bit harsh, some people have slow internet so it's common courtesy for them. just put spoilers around each clip, it really helps. Interesting documentary though.

@Nike.
    Actually slavic was never as an administrative language in the principalities, it was still romanian but its the cyrilic alphabet that was used. Slavic was used in churches thats why many religious terms in romanian are of slavic origin

Napoleon SRB who is Metka ?

what do u mean?
    Rodjen za Metka

Za sve Srpske dusmane!

Kosovo is Serbia!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by Rize View Post
    No, embed them, but put them in spoilers. I have fast internet, so I can't know how embedding is wrong, though.
    Yes, that's actually a better suggestion indeed.
    Btw, if we're to include also documentaries, I'll post a link to Son of Fire's thread about the early South (or South-West) Slavic history. And also this playlist of mine with a Bulgarian documentary about the "Great Bulgarian heresy" (aka Bogomilism), where only the first episode is translated to English for now.

@Wallachian
    By the 18th century the administrative use of the Bulgarian was surely greatly diminished, but AFAIK it was still there. F.e. administrative letters would have the beginning and the ends on Bulgarian (with usual official phrases), while the content of the letter itself would be on Romanian. Which is, of course, nothing bad - the ancient Bulgars f.e. wrote almost entirely on Greek (or eventually on Bulgar with runes, but we can't decipher them yet), while the SBE is often called "the small/Slavic/Bulgarian Byzantium", due to its adaptations of titles, terms etc.
    But if we're to continue this discussion, we should indeed better move to the other thread.
    Last edited by NikeBG; May 12, 2010 at 07:12 AM.

wtf is a BTW?
    Rodjen za Metka

Za sve Srpske dusmane!

Kosovo is Serbia!

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

By the way.

you writhe : "I am born for Metka" is that ,a girl ?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Born for bullet, thats what it means

ok so metka is a bullet ok

no ...
    metak is bullet
    i cant explane why is it metka wrote little bit difficult
    Rodjen za Metka

Za sve Srpske dusmane!

Kosovo is Serbia!

I wach the movie and it is clear that the english hipocrits again did't mention the roll of Bulgaria in the war but that is normal they have some complex because of the battle of Doiran wen we smash them in 1917.They even are holding in theyr musiam one of the most butifal books of medievall times that are bulgarian like the London Gospel of emperor Ivan Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Yes, that's actually a better suggestion indeed.
    Btw, if we're to include also documentaries, I'll post a link to Son of Fire's thread about the early South (or South-West) Slavic history. And also this playlist of mine with a Bulgarian documentary about the "Great Bulgarian heresy" (aka Bogomilism), where only the first episode is translated to English for now.

@Wallachian
    By the 18th century the administrative use of the Bulgarian was surely greatly diminished, but AFAIK it was still there. F.e. administrative letters would have the beginning and the ends on Bulgarian (with usual official phrases), while the content of the letter itself would be on Romanian. Which is, of course, nothing bad - the ancient Bulgars f.e. wrote almost entirely on Greek (or eventually on Bulgar with runes, but we can't decipher them yet), while the SBE is often called "the small/Slavic/Bulgarian Byzantium", due to its adaptations of titles, terms etc.
    But if we're to continue this discussion, we should indeed better move to the other thread.
    Bulgarian wasn't an administrative language in Romania. Again it was Romanian written in Cyrillic alphabet. You wouldn't call Polish a latin language because they use a latin alphabet would you?
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast