Thread: STW: Warlord edition: Look what I found out

Default STW: Warlord edition: Look what I found out

Hi all,

I know this sub-forum is virtually dead but I just re-bought STW: Warlord edition and I found out that it contains STW, The Mongol Invasion and another expansion called Campaign of the Three or something like that.

I can't recall ever playing the "Campaign of the Three."

I can recall The Mongol Invasion.

We'll see. BTW, I doubt CA will re-release this title so buy it and savor it if you can.

Later,
    hellas1

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: STW: Warlord edition: Look what I found out

Campaign of the Three? What is the campaign about? You made me curios as Shogun had one of the best campaigns.

Are you sure it is a campaign?
    I can remember some series of historical battles. Maybe this is meant with the "campaign of the three"?
    Last edited by Xerrop; May 04, 2010 at 12:11 PM.

rsslcs's Avatar Senator

I have the warlord edition, no such campaign on my install. o.O

Hi all,

If you go to Amazon.com and look up Shogun Total War: Warlord Edition you'll find a couple of versions. The "Campaigns of the Three Unifiers" is an expansion pack.

The one I refer to is the following:

It has this as a type of skew #:
    ASIN: B000056KDZ

The description on Amazon.com states the following ( I underlined the important points BTW):

"Shogun: Total War Warlord Edition is a complete collection of the award-winning strategy war game. The Warlord Edition contains the complete Shogun: Total War game, plus two expansion packs: Invasion of the Mongol Horde and Campaigns of the Three Unifiers. These expansion sets include new military units, terrain, buildings, and scenarios.

Discover new buildings, upgrades, maps, and units like the battlefield ninja and Mongol cavalry. Engage in epic-scale, real-time battles with up to 5,000 warriors. Master skills like diplomacy, economics, subterfuge, battlefield tactics, and strategic warfare. Clash with others over the Internet or via a network. "

WTH is this about man? I bought the game years ago and never saw the "Campaigns of the Three Unifiers" only the Mongol Invasion.

I don't know folks, but I just ordered a copy of this particular version which is boxed btw.
    hellas1

This refers to the historical battles in all versions of STW/WE and STW/MI (both the same thing). They are a sequence of set historical battles, not a campaign.

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

@hellas1
    BOOM ROASTED!

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Now I understand. Those campaigns were pretty good until the last level where magically 6 units of heavy cavalry would always appear.