Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

diadok's Avatar Senator

Default Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

if i understand correctly what he said in other thread, he's playing kingdoms vanilla, with self modifications.

formations files can do CTD, as it is with TATW, and it always CTD after removing garrison_script in campaign_script.
    that's why i recommend just use the 2 xml
    Last edited by diadok; September 13, 2010 at 07:12 PM.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Errmm did anyone mention clearing the Cache?
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

diadok's Avatar Senator

no because not clearing the cache cannot make CTD isn't it ? it can just break improvements...

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    Formations are completely optional but help a great deal in some situations, to boost AI performance. Pathfinding files will net you much better pathfinding in sieges, at a cost of slightly higher CPU load. General BAI files never generate a code than can crash the game, the game executable has nice habit of ignoring each and any line of code which doesn't work. Same rule with the campaign AI files. What can crash your game from game's side, are campaign scripts, which are none of XAI's business. The changes you've made to family and adoption should have absolutely no bearing on battles (in the worst case, you would end up processing the same campaign turn for eternity or running into an error crashing the game on campaign map, what is even more doubtful).

May I ask, what is the mod of choice, you integrated the AI in? I can think only of two things crashing your battles ... either your graphic card is malfunctioning, or some kind of battle script (launched from campaign_script file) is yielding you a crash - if you play SS/TATW, it is very possible stakes script or some other script is getting you a crash. If that's the case, see how the game's running on default formations file. If that didn't help, go to campaign_script and delete/comment out (';') Germanicus's scripts.

Give us more details, because honestly, a systematic crash like this would come up in our testing a dozen times, and we haven't experienced even a single one.
    The original Medieval 2 Total War (Gold Edition, but I modded just the base game). I didnt install XAI on any other mods, expansions, just the original game. I wanted the vanilla game with a better AI, and when I found the family tree script when throwing in the autoresolve section of XAI, i edited the family tree also a bit, but it doesnt affect my campaign gameplay, its just the battles. They cant load properly and they crash. Its definitely not my graphics card, M2TW worked fine before, including battles ofc. There are no other mods on the base M2TW files, just XAI and its patch, formations and pathfinding.

Hmmm... There is something... DarthMod, but I think Darth Mod doesnt change other files, Its just a batch file. It doesnt change any vanilla files, I was able to play Vanilla M2TW while I had DarthMod installed, and the battles would run in vanilla mode. DarthMod is like any other mod, it just isnt placed in the ''mods'' folder.

P.S. What do you mean by clearing the cache? I did that thing about starting a new campaign. Is that it? There were no instructions how to clear my cache, neither were there instructions for unpacking the game. I had to search Total War Center forums to unpack my game. :S

P.S.S. I have done this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326815

P.S.S.S. I have done it AGAIN! Still the same thing! Ill try and remove pathfinding and formations now...
    Last edited by Dominick; September 14, 2010 at 07:41 AM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

I didnt install XAI on any other mods, expansions
    you didn't install kingdoms ? XAI works on Kingdoms and his mods (we are in "kingdoms hosted modifications")

neither were there instructions for unpacking the game.
    with a mod, files are always unpacked.

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post
    you didn't install kingdoms ? XAI works on Kingdoms and his mods (we are in "kingdoms hosted modifications")

with a mod, files are always unpacked.
    I DID install Kingdoms. I just didnt install XAI in Kingdoms data. Nor any other mods, BTW, deleting Formations and Pathfinding didnt work. Its still CTDing.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    I DID install Kingdoms. I just didnt install XAI in Kingdoms data. Nor any other mods, BTW, deleting Formations and Pathfinding didnt work. Its still CTDing.
    You've messed the game installation. Uninstall all M2TW stuff, clear registry, delete redundant files and folders. The install everything (M2TW+Kingdoms+1.5 GOLD patch) normally. After that just follow our instructions ... honestly, we can't be held responsible for the mess people make during modding, or game installation. Sometimes a little mistake can ruin everything. Try to be more methodical next time around, and you will find the culprit. Some of your changes or messed up game/mod installation is causing troubles.

@Diadock

Formations will crash the game, only if the conflict with custom-made campaign scripts defining battle. These are stakes, running reinforcements and all kinds of fluff that's not really necessary to enjoy the game, and will likely net you CTD at some point anyway ... core game kinda wasn't designed to handle extensive scripting in battles outside historical scenarios.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    You've messed the game installation. Uninstall all M2TW stuff, clear registry, delete redundant files and folders. The install everything (M2TW+Kingdoms+1.5 GOLD patch) normally. After that just follow our instructions ... honestly, we can't be held responsible for the mess people make during modding, or game installation. Sometimes a little mistake can ruin everything. Try to be more methodical next time around, and you will find the culprit. Some of your changes or messed up game/mod installation is causing troubles.

@Diadock

Formations will crash the game, only if the conflict with custom-made campaign scripts defining battle. These are stakes, running reinforcements and all kinds of fluff that's not really necessary to enjoy the game, and will likely net you CTD at some point anyway ... core game kinda wasn't designed to handle extensive scripting in battles outside historical scenarios.
    Riiiiight... Though I dont know what I messed up... Whats ''clear registry, delete redundant files and folders''?

P.S. Should I install that patch? (4.1)
    Last edited by Dominick; September 14, 2010 at 11:01 AM.

The whole thing was, XbAI *s up the vanilla game battles and its mods. Kingdoms and its mods work properly.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon1 Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

@Diadock

yes but no :

i have remove in campaign_script of third age: stakes_script, reinforcements scripts, slave conquerors, and everything that could makes issues.

i plays battles in campaign with the 2 xml without any CTD.
    i play custom battles with the 2 xml and formations without any CDT.
    each time i had formations and want to play campaign battle, CTD

look this is the one i use, there is nothing inside that concern battles :
    (i suspect some conflict between descr_formations.txt from TATW and descr_formations_ai.txt from XAI)

Thank you Diadock and Achilla for helping!! It is VM appreciated.

@ Dominick

1) There is no possible way to guarantee our files work with every single mod, in every circumstance.
    2) If you are modding files yourself...well then be prepared to have a mess, we get them occasionally too.
    3) ALWAYS>> backup your original files, before replacing them. This is the main reason I have left it to the manual method of replacement.
    4) YOU use and TAKE ALL responsibility when using mods, we are not forcing you to install them. XAI has a very high compatibility rate, when the directions are followed. But we make no claims of 100% compatibility, use at your own risk.

Now here is your warning, you do not need to act like you are, in this forum. Throwing temper tantrums and blaming our files, is no way to get help around here. I only give one warning.

BTW; Modding the family tree is very dangerous. Diadock was very helpful, and not once have you thanked him There are notes and directions on how to clear your cache, just look in these forums.

Also we have all been very busy lately, I am working 50+ hours a week at a real job installing Ultra High speed DSL networks. I will be pretty busy until Christmas, which is good for my pocket book, but bad for the modding community..

We do not support LOTR issues, as they do not support us.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 15, 2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    Thank you Diadock and Achilla for helping!! It is VM appreciated.

@ Dominick

1) There is no possible way to guarantee our files work with every single mod, in every circumstance.
    2) If you are modding files yourself...well then be prepared to have a mess, we get them occasionally too.
    3) ALWAYS>> backup your original files, before replacing them. This is the main reason I have left it to the manual method of replacement.
    4) YOU use and TAKE ALL responsibility when using mods, we are not forcing you to install them. XAI has a very high compatibility rate, when the directions are followed. But we make no claims of 100% compatibility, use at your own risk.

Now here is your warning, you do not need to act like you are in this forum. Throwing temper tantrums and blaming our files, is no way to get help around here. I only give one warning.

BTW; Modding the family tree is very dangerous. Diadock was very helpful, and not once have you thanked him There are notes and directions on how to clear your cache, just look in these forums.

Also we have all been very busy lately, I am working 50+ hours a week at a real job installing Ultra High speed DSL networks. I will be pretty busy until Christmas.

We do not support LOTR issues, as they do not support us.

Thanks for the help everyone. I didnt have any mods, I was just wanting to install XAI on the VANILLA GAME, not Kingdoms, ITS NOT A MOD. As I have to clear myself up. Anyway, your bAI doesnt work with the BASE VANILLA GAME, NO MODS, NO KINGDOMS properly. Thanks again anyway. KINGDOMS WORKED PROPERLY! XAI IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE BASE GAME! Thanks again!! Im not throwing tantrums are whatever you said, Im clearing myself up, and clearing up the problems. I didnt assault anyone's work. Just the facts. Someone could say that before though. ^^ I messed with compatibiling XbAI for the base game for two days...

See ya, playing XAI with Kingdoms Brittania, too much angry Welsh and Irish (playing with England)

Thanks for the 4th time!

Good, and I am just clarifying things here too. The Directions, and the fact that XAI is in the Kingdoms modding section (not the med 2 section) should have been a clue that this mod is for Kingdoms only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    The whole thing was, XbAI *s up the vanilla game battles and its mods. Kingdoms and its mods work properly.
    and yes when the Censor Kicks in and Bleeps your post, you are IMHO having a tantrum.
    Last edited by xeryx; September 15, 2010 at 02:32 PM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Someone could say that before though
    that's the first sentence writing in "install & integration instructions" thread :
    XAI is compatible with 1.5 Kingdoms
    in modding, always read 2 times slowly all instructions
    (3 times when english is not your native langage, like me... for the clearing cache i think i read it 10 times to be sure - not a joke, just the true)

i think that first time i installed XAI, it was on Broken Crescent... which is not a kingdom mod... you know what happened...

that's the first sentence writing in "install & integration instructions" thread :
    (3 times when english is not your native langage, like me... for the clearing cache i think i read it 10 times to be sure - not a joke, just the true)

i think that first time i installed XAI, it was on Broken Crescent... which is not a kingdom mod... you know what happened...
    You are a funny man.

and @ Dominick..no hard feelings we were all noobs too. It just gets frustrating when people do not read the forums or the directions. {Yes, I know you were frustrated too}. We are however here to help. If you need any further help let us know.

Oh... I thought that sentence was like... It is compatible ALSO with Kingdoms 1.5, not like ''It is compatible with Kingdoms 1.5, but not with the base game.''

Though someone could, ya know, write NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE BASE GAME, and red it out or something, because I believe more people would make the same mistake. Though, it would seem that the XcAI is compatible with the base game.

and @ Dominick..no hard feelings we were all noobs too. It just gets frustrating when people do not read the forums or the directions. {Yes, I know you were frustrated too}. We are however here to help. If you need any further help let us know.
    The Irish are somewhat better tacticians! Though the Welsh cavalry ran directly in my stakes at the town gate.

I dont think I will need any more help, but, if you are going to make new releases, teach enemies horses not to charge on stakes.

Thanks all!

diadok's Avatar Senator

it would have been done for a long time if it were possible, but all is not possible with AI, many hardcoded files etc and XAI team use indirect methods to break the code.

like many bugs in this game, the best way is to... remove stakes.
    in ETW, sieges are laggy and bugged... solution = remove siege, only field battles...

The Irish are somewhat better tacticians! Though the Welsh cavalry ran directly in my stakes at the town gate.

I dont think I will need any more help, but, if you are going to make new releases, teach enemies horses not to charge on stakes.

Thanks all!

We did, however when you put stakes in front of the ONLY way for the AI to go, what do you expect??? That is an exploit that should not be used. In open field battles the XAI does a much better job than vanilla at avoiding Sharpened pointy objects.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post

We did, however when you put stakes in front of the ONLY way for the AI to go, what do you expect??? That is an exploit that should not be used. In open field battles the XAI does a much better job than vanilla at avoiding Sharpened pointy objects.

Enjoy
    Enemy cavalry really shouldnt charge in through the gates when they see stakes, they should wait on the back of their army while their infantry does the job. When they clear up the entrance, they should walk through the stakes, not boldly charge and kill theirselves.

And no, thats not exploiting, its just a defensive strategy.

I want some help from real pros here.
    I builded the XAI 4.0 (4.01) FULL in my Reality Mod GOLD (3.2) and a new unwanted effect apeared, was never experienced before. The next round to the Message About Mongol Hordes, (around year 1200), the game drop me to the desktop with Unspecified Error message.
    The XAI is a real big stuff and I don't see every details of that. Could somebody help me with this problem???
    A big beer stuff will be the payment, if you can help me. (In Budapest of course. )
    I really need help to stabilize my game. Help me please.

Edit: The year is 1208 and France goes on. The CTD is permanent.
    Last edited by Scytha; September 25, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Remember, Elvis will be with You... always.

God wills it!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast