Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Default Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Even with hard I'm quiet. Perhaps too quiet... nobody is attacking me. But I can build a little.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

it will take time, it is meant to take time. The difference between the levels will be how easy you will have alliances, for both you and the AI.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

I don't suppose your still going to update the game play balance thread by any chance are you?

I will, I have just been enjoying the summer break.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Hey there!
    Any thoughts on how to make Papal States less aggressive? They constantly declare war on catholic factions excommunicating them in the process. It's even worse when that happens while those factions are crusading.

Sure there are a couple of ways to "neuter" them.

Can you be more specific as to your situation? Did they do it to you?

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

We are using XAI for Region and Provinces mod. Papal states are really aggressive. They constantly attack the other catholic factions. I actually had a situation like this:

Turn 1: Pope calls for a crusade against Cairo.
    Turn 2: Several catholic factions including Genoa join the crusade.
    Turn 3: Pope declares war against Genoa and Genoa gets excommunicated.
    Turn 4 and forth: With a large army bound for Cairo, Genoa territory is easy prey for Papal States.

The fact that Pope declares war and excommunicates that faction it's the worst. Is one thing to attack an islamic, orthodox or already excommunicated faction, but a whole other thing to attack a loyal catholic faction. Best way I found to counter this so far was to cut the king's purse for Papal States, make larger rebel garrisons near them and make all catholic states allied from the start with the Pope. But this is a temporary solution at best. As soon as 2 catholic states are going to war, Pope's alliance with one of them is gone.

What we need is some way to ensure that the Pope does not declare war on catholic non-excommunicated factions. Perhaps even reverting to vanilla Papal States might be good.

. Do you have another mirror for download ? T_T

diadok's Avatar Senator

did anybody knows that : the XBAI works perfectly in third age's imperial campaign IF you remove the stake script (don't remove = sometimes CTD + deployement bugged + many bad things).

i play it with the 2 files of XBAI, the 2 (unmodified) files of XCAI (not adapted but still good), and the campaign is great (well i play my own version not the standart one, but i mean XAI is great).

in XBAI i have just changed some skirmish parameters because it didn't worked (missiles were always catch before escape), and now it works most of time.

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post
    did anybody knows that : the XBAI works perfectly in third age's imperial campaign IF you remove the stake script (don't remove = sometimes CTD + deployement bugged + many bad things).

i play it with the 2 files of XBAI, the 2 (unmodified) files of XCAI (not adapted but still good), and the campaign is great (well i play my own version not the standart one, but i mean XAI is great).

in XBAI i have just changed some skirmish parameters because it didn't worked (missiles were always catch before escape), and now it works most of time.
    Mind posting your changes?

TATW units have slightly different missile range, but it shouldn't matter that much in the end.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

diadok's Avatar Senator

i just changed the collision-reaction-time and retreat-time to 0.1, as i have ever test in older version of XAI :

<!--skirmish configuration -->
    <skirmish>
    <infantry>
    <default>
    <!--ignore targets at a distance greater than the maximum range times this scale factor -->
    <max-range-scale>1.25</max-range-scale>
    <!--must skirmish if within this range -->
    <min-range>20</min-range>
    <!--stop at this distance if the enemy is blocking the path -->
    <min-stopping-range>40</min-stopping-range>
    <!--time to react to being intercepted -->
    <collision-reaction-time>0.1</collision-reaction-time>
    <!--retreat buffer time -->
    <retreat-time>0.1</retreat-time>
    <!--don't skirmish until attackers are within this fraction of the missile range -->
    <range-factor>
    <moving>1.1</moving>
    <shooting>0.80</shooting>
    </range-factor>
    </default>
    <gunpowder_unit>
    <!--ignore targets at a distance greater than the maximum range times this scale factor -->
    <min-range>80</min-range>
    <min-stopping-range>90</min-stopping-range>
    <!--don't skirmish until attackers are within this fraction of the missile range -->
    <range-factor>
    <moving>1.1</moving>
    </range-factor>
    </gunpowder_unit>
    </infantry>
    <cavalry>
    <default>
    <max-range-scale>1.5</max-range-scale>
    <min-range>40</min-range>
    <min-stopping-range>60</min-stopping-range>
    <range-factor>
    <moving>1.1</moving>
    </range-factor>
    <!--reaction time for cantabrian circle -->
    <cantabrian-reaction-time>8</cantabrian-reaction-time>
    </default>
    <gunpowder_unit>
    <max-range-scale>1.5</max-range-scale>
    <min-range>60</min-range>
    <min-stopping-range>70</min-stopping-range>
    <range-factor>
    <moving>1.1</moving>
    </range-factor>
    <!--reaction time for cantabrian circle -->
    <cantabrian-reaction-time>8</cantabrian-reaction-time>
    </gunpowder_unit>
    </cavalry>
    </skirmish>
    <!--missile configuration -->
    <missile>
    <!--missile units can exceed their max range by this percentage -->
    <max-missile-range-extension>20</max-missile-range-extension>
    <infantry>
    <default>
    <min-range>70</min-range>
    <min-stopping-range>80</min-stopping-range>
    <range-factor>
    <moving>1.1</moving>
    </range-factor>
    </default>

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Thanks Diadock

I see that there is that question but without answer.
    How can i configurate XAI to vanilla? i dont want any other mods...

diadok's Avatar Senator

i think you don't need to configurate anything to XBAI for vanilla kingdoms : just install the 2 xml files and it will work properly.

for XCAI you can try to install on vanilla, it will works, maybe should need few tweaks to optimize it, but if you don't it will works good.

personally, i use some files of XCAI (descr_campaign_ai_db.xml and descr_campaign_db.xml) for TATW, without changing anything, and about what i see, it's almost better AI: best protection of cities, more big fullstacks... sure it would be better with few tweaks, but i don't understand how to do exactly and it works fine, so i use it like that.

How can I make these guys attack a bit more? Would increasing the IP for frontline balance make them attack? As of now they kinda just stay there.

Actually, To date there is no particular setting that we have found to control the SPECIFIC attack of a SPECIFIC settlement.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon3 Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

I try other way for skirmishing, changed values in red :

<!--skirmish configuration -->
    <skirmish>
    <infantry>
    <default>
    <min-range>40</min-range>
    <min-stopping-range>50</min-stopping-range>
    <collision-reaction-time>1</collision-reaction-time>
    <retreat-time>1</retreat-time>
    <range-factor>
    <moving>1.3</moving>
    </range-factor>
    </default>
    i tested in Third Age, Chivalry II and KGCM, and it works PERFECT even for :
    - trolls, maybe pathfinding issue with their mass that makes skirmish not the best (but only few soldiers of units are killed, all others escape)
    - sometimes heavy armoured skirmishers (like arbaletriers hospitalers in KGCM), start skirmish, and finally prefer to fight.
    - javelin cavalry has to come nearly enemies to fire, and they can't skirmish as good as they should (in TATW, i increased the distance they can shout)
    Last edited by diadok; September 12, 2010 at 09:36 AM.

Ermmm... Im having a problem, Battles, the battle would load out, the game would black out and crash. Any possible solutions?

P.S. I have the Formations, Pathfinding, XbAI, XcAI and the patch (4.1) installed, I followed the instructions on the sticky topic. I just changed the min. and max. adoption age (from 20 and 30 to 16 and 22) and max. conception age (from 50 to 40).
    Last edited by Dominick; September 13, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

diadok's Avatar Senator

you have done copy of overwrited files right ? for battles just install the 2 xml files of XBAI

first you should not install formations and pathfinding, and neither change anything.
    Last edited by diadok; September 13, 2010 at 04:20 PM.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Formations are completely optional but help a great deal in some situations, to boost AI performance. Pathfinding files will net you much better pathfinding in sieges, at a cost of slightly higher CPU load. General BAI files never generate a code than can crash the game, the game executable has nice habit of ignoring each and any line of code which doesn't work. Same rule with the campaign AI files. What can crash your game from game's side, are campaign scripts, which are none of XAI's business. The changes you've made to family and adoption should have absolutely no bearing on battles (in the worst case, you would end up processing the same campaign turn for eternity or running into an error crashing the game on campaign map, what is even more doubtful).

May I ask, what is the mod of choice, you integrated the AI in? I can think only of two things crashing your battles ... either your graphic card is malfunctioning, or some kind of battle script (launched from campaign_script file) is yielding you a crash - if you play SS/TATW, it is very possible stakes script or some other script is getting you a crash. If that's the case, see how the game's running on default formations file. If that didn't help, go to campaign_script and delete/comment out (';') Germanicus's scripts.

Give us more details, because honestly, a systematic crash like this would come up in our testing a dozen times, and we haven't experienced even a single one.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast