Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: XAI 4.0 Ask Questions here!!

Quote Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
    That is exactly my problem, I do not seem to have a config file to look at. The Kingdoms campaigns are after all official CA products and maybe somewhat different from regular user-created mods, even though they live in the mods folder. I will try downloading a mod (KGCM?) and looking at how it is set up. Thanks xeryx
    You can always unpack a particular campaign and then create separate launcher (.bat file) and .cfg file for it, like most standard mod-foldered mods. I think if you will try to change the default .cfg in med2 root directory, it will be overwritten/deleted, and for that reason you might want to unpack the campaign.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    You can always unpack a particular campaign and then create separate launcher (.bat file) and .cfg file for it, like most standard mod-foldered mods. I think if you will try to change the default .cfg in med2 root directory, it will be overwritten/deleted, and for that reason you might want to unpack the campaign.
    Ah, thanks, I was wondering if if could just create my own .cfg files for the Kingdoms campaigns. Would my .cfg need anything besides the lines

[io]
    file_first = true
    disable_file_cache = true

or is that enough? I've downloaded the KGCM, should I copy-paste from its .cfg?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
    Ah, thanks, I was wondering if if could just create my own .cfg files for the Kingdoms campaigns. Would my .cfg need anything besides the lines

[io]
    file_first = true

or is that enough? I've downloaded the KGCM, should I copy-paste from its .cfg?
    More like

[features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/directory

[io]
    file_first = true

Don't forget to make .bat file, too (to launch the campaign).
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Thanks Achilla your young mind is definitely an asset.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

AI does not employ priests, and those that from the start stand still and not moving nowhere. Something wrong with installation again? If I play KGCM beta I have to mod descr_campaigh_db?(delete Priest control section?)

I am playing with new XAI patch.

sounds like you have an error, use xml.marker on the file. see if there are any errors, the use IE to load the file and check for errors. I'll be back Monday, to check on you.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

OK. Thx. I will try...

The xai file that are releasesd are designed to work with kgcm, so you don't need to change them. Other than reactivate all the faction in the XfS file at the end.

0 warnings , 0 errors found with xml.marker. I will try to integrate XAI to Kingdoms Americas.

Would it be possible to post or pm any tips on making the AI a bit more aggressive? Cant seem to get these guys to attack each other or myself for that matter after 35 + turns or so. Only muslim and sometimes orthodox factions blockade ports ect. Thanks.

Hi I've got a question about plaza battles/plaza timers. The way I saw the plaza timer was that it introduces a winning condition for the attacker, forcing the defender to truly be defending. If you remove the plaza timer, are you considering for the AI to chase down units that are supposed to be defending the settlement?

If you have some AI vs human battle, with AI attacking a settlement and human defending, it ends up kinda weird...

You can kinda just...march your defending army out of the city/castle and the AI will move their soldiers to the plaza and not give chase to your units. With no plaza timer, the attacking AI side can never win. At least, that's my experience playing KGCM with the new XAI.

Hi Xeryx, how can we disable long term relations?
    I would like to now the diference to tell you my feed back, thanks.

Hey Xveryx,where do I download XCAI for KGCM and HHB?

Default XCAI for KGCM, papal attitude

Hi to all,
    I've a question,about papal behaviour in KGCM, with XCAI.

How can I force papal States to not attacking non-excommuniated catholic factions? I dont' want Pope completely passive, but I wish I made invasion only against muslims and excommuniated. I tried to modify descr_ camapign_ai.db.xml, but it's too difficult for me, and I fear making an huge mistake.
    If someone has an idea...

Default Re: XCAI for KGCM, papal attitude

I've had the same issue with the papal faction. They're very aggressive. In almost all my campaigns, they take over the whole of Italy. I think one way to offset this aggressiveness would be to give them only Rome as a starting city, ie give Ancana and any other cites to the Slave faction

You can modify this in the descr_strat file.

I've my own version and they have just Roma. What I find unfair, is that a faction attacked by the pope is automatically excommuniated. They have done nothing against the pope, are good catholic, and they must suffer attack + excommunication. In previous KGCM versions, pope wasn't attacking non-excommuniated factions. It should be possible to reverse to old attitude. But how?

Hi xeryx,

After installing XCAI 4.0 with my new hotseat patch I noticed the castle building browser completely disappeared in game. At first I thought it was most likely an error on my part somewhere in the export_descr_buildings.txt. But it turned out that this was a result of some new entries added to the descr_campaign_db.xml. And I found this new line <show_building_browser_castles bool = "false"/>

So my question is what was your intention in turning the castle building browser off in the first place? I really dont get what you guys were trying to achieve here

Dave

That thing should be set to 'true' (unintentional error), because it screws up the 'browse avaible building trees' interface.
    Last edited by Achilla; July 18, 2010 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    Hi to all,
    I've a question,about papal behaviour in KGCM, with XCAI.

How can I force papal States to not attacking non-excommuniated catholic factions? I dont' want Pope completely passive, but I wish I made invasion only against muslims and excommuniated. I tried to modify descr_ camapign_ai.db.xml, but it's too difficult for me, and I fear making an huge mistake.
    If someone has an idea...

May I ask which version of XCAI you are using? As I understand it XCAI 4.0 is different to the XCAI in Heroes, Hordes and beyond submod. If you are asking how you can reverse the Pope's agressiveness I can give you a simple workaround if you are up to a bit of modding.

Open the XCAI 4.0 descr_campaign_ai_db.xml and from the root directory find papal_faction. You could remove this whole faction label and replace it with another. For example take the papal_faction label from KGCM and copy paste it into its place. As long as you edit this properly it will work 100%. You are now using XCAI 4.0 for all the factions in KGCM except for the Papal States

However this is not a proper fix. If the Pope is really this aggressive most of the time then the creators of XCAI need to take another look at the papal AI.

Dave

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast