Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Launcher Editing Application

Default Re: Kingdoms Launcher Editing Application

Hey everyone on this thread, would anyone know how to fix the problem im facing? Whenever I go to add a new mod to the launcher in the new settings screen nothing is filled in for the configuration file, and I think thats whats stopping me from playing a mod. Anyone know why the configuration file is not filled in when I add a new file path, is basically what im saying, and how can I fix this?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Which mods are these for starters?

Third Age Total War, it adds the file path but not the file configuration.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Third Age's .cfg file is TATW.cfg.

I'd figured it was something like that, but im not able to manually add the config file. My problem is that I do the path file thing, but the config file is not added.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    My Launcher doesn't work anymore. I tried installing Broken Crescent when I noticed to problem. Upon launching that mod for the first time, I got "CA_LIBS" fatal error on startup. I thought it was just that mod didn't work for some reason. Now all my mods fail start up with the same error message.

The mods are fine because if I use the old method of renaming them to a kingdoms campaign they work. The weird thing is I didn't change anything with any of my old mods.

My game is a steam version and I run vista. Tried to re-install the launcher but the new one had all the same information as my older launcher so that probly won't do anything. I tried reinstalling M2TW but that didnt help either. Of course I forgot to delete every single file associated with the game so if something is corrupt somewhere it is likely still is kicking around in my game folder. Do you know of how the Kingdoms Launcher would stop working?

I had everything working fine for a long time too, until I downloaded Broken Crescent mod. I stated getting that error message with that mod and then I tried my other mods and they all failed to work using your launcher. However if i rename, for example, my War of the West mod folder to British Isles and rename britsh isles to somehting else, it works fine. So the mods are not corrupt and it seems as though that all of a sudden your launcher stopped working.

Is there a file your launcher uses to find mods that may have gotten screwed up or deleted when I installed\uninstalled Broken Crescent?
    Still never solved this problem. Its very strange. It is seriously as though the KLEA is broken Are there any files that can be edited in the KLEA that may have been corrupt at some point. And I can't uninstall it either, if I do the next time I install it retains all the same information and mods.... I'm stumped.

Reposting again, does anyone know how to fix the launcher so that it adds the file path and the configuration file? When I browse and add a mod to the editor it only puts in the file path, and it doesnt add anything into the config file.

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

Had ago with Regedit, didnt know what I was doing but deleted the mod folders I had just uninstalled and all added mods are gone from the Kingdoms Launcher App & Kingdoms Launcher... and so is that dreaded space, Reinstalled the mods & they all work properly again aswell.

Big big big bigups cheers +rep
    Last edited by Lethal Jakkson; January 09, 2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added text & spellings
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

i can't delete a mod , i press the button "delete mod settings' then i close the application but when i enter again the mod is still there

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Did you high light the entry first?

I can't download it. It give me "Error File Not Found." Please help

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

It appears to be a system glitch or maintenance is being carried out - please try at a later time.

Well I can download it but it is considered a text document. Does anyone know a fix?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

If you have file extensions turned on, just deleted the .txt part of the filename and say yes when it asks about changing file types. If not, turn on file extensions first.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

It works now. Thank you squid

Korgoth's Avatar Laetus

Is the twcenter downloads down or something? Been trying to download this for two days but whenever I try it says "404 - Not Found".

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Is the twcenter downloads down or something? Been trying to download this for two days but whenever I try it says "404 - Not Found".
    Yep, Downloads are currently down due to upgrading Forums etc..
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Korgoth's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Yep, Downloads are currently down due to upgrading Forums etc..
    Ahh ok thanks. I wondered why the forums are different. Guess I'll have to wait.

As an old Steam user who's been using mods for years and as a modder, I just learned how to regedit a long time ago. Still it was a minor nuisance. Wow! Used your tool for the first time with the alternative launcher. It was sooooooo simple, ridiculously so. I mean you can add a newly installed mod to the alternative launcher in 5 seconds. Not joking. I was going to make some screen caps to help anyone who was worried about using it. It literally cannot be easier using Squid's tool.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for anyone who's been having trouble adding a mod in Steam. I'm sending everyone here to use this tool now. All you do is click new mod, browse to the mod folder, make sure you click on the proper Medieval or Kingdoms exe in the config folder and with zero fanfare it silently creates the entry in the registry. Then as soon as you run the launcher, it's there. No muss, no fuss.

It sure beats trying to explain how to do this to people with many kinds of installations of operating systems, and copying and pasting entries, and explaining where to look for the unofficial mods in the registry.

FANTASTIC TOOL. I literally added six mods in 30 seconds with no problems whatsoever. One of the best aspects is a modder might have many copies of the same mod with slightly different names since maybe the units are tougher in one, the settlements are different in another, there are preplaced forts in another, etc. Squid's tool makes it so easy to quickly create multiple copies on the laucher and not accidentally screw up the registry.

For a player, what this means is you can load multiple submods of say Stainless Steel or Third Age or whatever and not worry about mixing things up while trying to regedit yourself between many copies.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; March 28, 2013 at 06:01 AM.

Very easy to use. Thanks!