Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Launcher Editing Application

Default Re: Kingdoms Launcher Editing Application

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that this is the result of some incorrect procedure for removing keys in which the unfortunate poster somehow managed to spawn numerous redundant entries. (E.g. Teutonic0000, Teutonic0001...).

The issue can be fixed but by now it is probably best to leave this tool and breakout the registry editor (regedit). You can see what the mess looks like before you try to fix it that way.

Some relevant info burried in a couple of posts of mine earlier in this thread might come in handy, too:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post10019274
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post10029670
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish View Post
    Is it possible to fully reset what the tool configs the launcher to do?
    Deleted everything in the list after some frustration and ended up with this:

Nothing works on the launcher now =/

What version of the launcher are you using? An old version had an issue with deleting stuff. The current version does not, or at least should not. Click Help->About to find out the version that you're using.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

My Launcher doesn't work anymore. I tried installing Broken Crescent when I noticed to problem. Upon launching that mod for the first time, I got "CA_LIBS" fatal error on startup. I thought it was just that mod didn't work for some reason. Now all my mods fail start up with the same error message.

The mods are fine because if I use the old method of renaming them to a kingdoms campaign they work. The weird thing is I didn't change anything with any of my old mods.

My game is a steam version and I run vista. Tried to re-install the launcher but the new one had all the same information as my older launcher so that probly won't do anything. I tried reinstalling M2TW but that didnt help either. Of course I forgot to delete every single file associated with the game so if something is corrupt somewhere it is likely still is kicking around in my game folder. Do you know of how the Kingdoms Launcher would stop working?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Did you follow the instructions here? CA_LIBS usually means an incorrect installation (wrong directory\folder).

Step by step instruction

1. Make sure you run this program as administrator
    2. Install your brand new mod, but make sure to change your install directory as follows:

32-bit Windows Users:
    From - C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    To - C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war
    64-bit Windows Users:
    From - C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    To - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war
    • Repeat step two for any other parts\patches of this mod
    • Download the Kingdoms Launcher App designed by Squid. This tool modifies the necessary registry entries to enable a mod start via Steam's Medieval II\Kingdoms Launcher.
    • Run the Kingdoms Launcher App

Is there a way to change where it looks for steam games? My steam and steam games folders are not in their usual spots due to re-installing windows (puts them in a windows.old subfolder of C

this is causing the app to instantly crash and tell me I dont have kingdoms or the base game (even though I do, they are in my steam library and common folder and such)

Blog Entries

Did you move the steam folder after installing? Because the tool looks for the registry entries. Or maybe the path is hard coded into the tool, Squid will know.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 31, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

The path it looks for for the mod folder is based on the install directory specified in the registry. Where the installer for any particular mod points is up to the designer of the particular mod and has nothing to do with this tool.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Did you follow the instructions here? CA_LIBS usually means an incorrect installation (wrong directory\folder).

Yep. I had everything working fine for a long time too, until I downloaded Broken Crescent mod. I stated getting that error message with that mod and then I tried my other mods and they all failed to work using your launcher. However if i rename, for example, my War of the West mod folder to British Isles and rename britsh isles to somehting else, it works fine. So the mods are not corrupt and it seems as though that all of a sudden your launcher stopped working.

Is there a file your launcher uses to find mods that may have gotten screwed up or deleted when I installed\uninstalled Broken Crescent?

Blog Entries

That Broken Crescent problem sounds familiar - did you have any look in their forum?
    The reason why the name swopping will work lies in the registry entries as Squid mentioned: the basic campaigns are entered correctly whereas something isn't 100% in order with BC.

My suggestion: remove BC and then install it into a completely different directory. From there move it into the correct folder of your Steam M2TW installation. As you will not be using the desktop shortcut to BC you might as well delete it.
    Then run this tool again.

Hey, I can't download the launcher app for some reason. The link in the OP takes me to the download but when I try to start it nothing happens. Is the link broken?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Do you get a box along the bottom asking you if to "Save", "Run", or "Cancel"?
    Is your antivirus, firewall, and/or router blocking it for some reason?

Blog Entries

It took about 4-5 seconds for me until the 'save' dialogue came up. Probably lag on the site. Try again.

im having a problem I added some new mods to the launcher after i renamed some of them but it does not seem to delete what i told it to delete so I have a bunch of duplicates in my launcher list. I'm using v1.4

Disregard this i fixed it with the regedit
    Last edited by Roachbugg; September 08, 2012 at 09:29 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

You need to be more specific, what isn't deleting what you told it to delete. How are you trying to delete things?

Lethal Jakkson's Avatar Civis

iv come a cropper, i have a Space in the lists of mods that will not go away and it seems to be affecting the mods how do i get round this?
    steps ive tried
    1, delete the Space
    2, reinstal affected mods
    3, un/reinstal the Launcher Editor and try again
    4, delete the Space
    5, try a difrent mod

Great tool make it so easy running mods... until a Space comes! wot can be done if anything?

cheers
    Last edited by Lethal Jakkson; October 03, 2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: spellings
    Working for myself for 3years and still finding time to play Total War

"power down now. Have your crew step out or we will kill you!" -
    Conl Sharp (Transformers)
    "wh
    at you talkin 'bout willis?"
    -Gary Coleman aka Arnold Jackson (Diff'rent Strokes)

Blog Entries

Launch the editor
    High light the 'space' entry
    Choose 'file\edit mod setting' and type in a name
    Click 'OK' and then try to delete via 'file\delete mod setting'

Yeah, so this is a great tool but im having a rather fatal issue with it. I added call of warhammer without a hitch using a steam version of the game but now every time I launch this tool, it launchers a (as far as I can tell) infinite string of processes but no actual application.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

You have to run the program with an account with admin privileges. The infinite processes is because its trying to open with raised (admin) privileges and can't.

Thanks, I thought it was something to do with my computer. Great tool by the way.

Hi, I have some problems with the launcher, as I cannot start the game with any mod through the launcher, perhaps you have any Ideas, how I could get it to run.

Every time I choose a mod within the launcher, the game crashes with a fatal error. As I tried it with more than one mod, it has to be a problem with the launcher - I have Win 7 x64, and the game runs on steam (Medieval 2 + Add-On and .Net framework is already installed.

Do you have any ideas what might have gone wrong?