Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs

Default Re: IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Vegetius Renatus View Post
    First of all guys, great mod, I enjoy playing in very much. However i noticed 3 in-game issues that should be addressed and possibly 4th one being optional.
    1) Comitatensis and legio palatina from different areas look the same with no distinguishable marks (ex. different shield deisgns, different unit cards, names or even looks, etc). It is very confusing when you r trying to retrain your troops in carthage only to find out by reading small print that they can only be retrained in gaul.
    2) Units don't get highlighted during battle or siege. Very tough to see which unit u r actually commanding and where it is on the battlefield.
    3) Traitors. Not sure if this is done on purpose but on M/M setting i lost 3 field armies within 2 turns to rebellion. All 3 generals had atleast 4 loyalty and one of them was my heir. I had plenty of money in my coffers and nobody even attempted to bribe them yet they just changed sides. Actually ricimir changed sides back and forth 3 times until i got tired of this tirade and finished him off. I can understand low loyalty ones to quit on you but the good ones and especially the family members and heirs beats the purpose and makes no sense. Got to the point i was afraid of moving any general out of the fort or city with more than 3 units to their disposal.
    4) Optional-Map is missing significant portions of norther gaul, britain and eastern illiricorum.

Thanks Flavius Vegetius Renatus for the feed back

-We will make sure they get distinguished. Something for whatever reason we never got around to doing it

-Go inside your IB2 folder and open it. open the Configuration and you will see:
    disable_arrow_markers = true
    set to false Its an optional aspect

-We will further adjust the loyalty issue. Its a bit tricky cause its something we want in the game but something modified/tweaked with the traits may help it from being too prevalent

-The map is a series of 4 campaigns thus the maps limited scope. The final mod will pretty much encompass all the mods and some

We do want to make the mod just in one DL so such things can be fixed in the preparation of the new Installer
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 13, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Ok, got it fixed, I did the UAC again and made it set allow all for everything on the list(my gaming PC is offline only as of right now, so doesnt matter, lets see someone hack it XD), and got it working

YEAH!
    Virtual Store can be nuisance as well. Have you run this tutorial as form step 3? It should give you a permanent fix, allowing to enable the UAC again.

Domesticus

I thought virtual store and UAC were the same thing? Regardless, I got all set to allow all for everything in the Sega folder, so I think im good forever more

Blog Entries

UAC is the nagging nanny
    Virtual Store is her pantry

When I try to install it the directory can't be changed, and is always C/Program Files/My Product. Is this supposed to happen?

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo View Post
    Hi Riothamus, my OS is XP . I had never heard of virtual store, perhaps you mean the folders Custom and Saved? However I solved my problems. I uninstalled both IB2 that Africa Vandalorum, then I installed IB2, so I created a temp folder where I installed Africa Vandalorum and then I copied Africa Vandalorum inside the folder IB2. Now everything works.
    (...)
    Yep. The same works for me. I have XP and correctly installed IB2 1.2 and then Africa Vandalorum. It worked with 1.2 only and stopped after IB2 AFRICA VANDALORVM 2.exe was installed.
    So I uninstalled both and then installed IB2 (default install folder) and Africa (temporary folder) the moved all files of IB2 AFRICA VANDALORVM manually. Now its OK.
    So BIG THANKS for this tip!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    When I try to install it the directory can't be changed, and is always C/Program Files/My Product. Is this supposed to happen?
    This means your registry entry for M2TW is not correct or different (happens with a 64bit system).
    Use the provided path to install and then move (cut and paste) the mod into the C:\...\Medieval II Total War\mods folder. Adjust the desktop shortcuts accordingly or create new ones by right clicking on the files and sending them to the desktop.

Can something be done with javelin, plumbata release timing for the infantry troops (comitatenses, palatina, milites). It takes awfully long time for those guys to empty their missile weapons, even longer then the archers (sagitarri graves) which is weird if u consider how many arrows archers carry comparing to just few javelins.

Can something be done with javelin, plumbata release timing for the infantry troops (comitatenses, palatina, milites). It takes awfully long time for those guys to empty their missile weapons, even longer then the archers (sagitarri graves) which is weird if u consider how many arrows archers carry comparing to just few javelins.
    I think thats the stat_fire_delay instruction from the units file. we have them at 0 but as in rtw-bi possibly they can be adjusted

I think thats the stat_fire_delay instruction from the units file. we have them at 0 but as in rtw-bi possibly they can be adjusted
    I'll mess around a little and see what i can do.

I'll mess around a little and see what i can do.
    Great

Also add this unit file for any one else. It will differentiate your Roman units from Gallic, Italian etc thus making it easier to train them

IB2\data\text\export_units

Make sure to delete any compatible files

Default Re: IB2 Vandals Campaign 1.2 (Full Version)

Quote Originally Posted by XFat and LazyX View Post
    I tried dling the mod and on the first dl when I try to install it about halfway through i get this error:

"IB2 - Version 1.2 has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

File corrupt or unreadable:
    mods\IB2\data\ui\northern_european\eventpics\UNUSED\CAMPAIGN_DEFEAT.TGA

You will have to run this utility again to completely install IB2 - Version 1.2."

I tried redling 3 times and it keeps doing it. I really wanna play this mod, it sounds so awesome but stupid installer won't let me
    I have this exact problem

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bell View Post
    Downloaded everything again - all the installation file sizes were the same, so D/L corruption unlikely. Deleted old and reinstalled (all in root directory folder - not program folder- with full admin rights, etc - I know the deal...). So far, so good, with continuing the campaign where I left off. So perhaps some corruption occurred during installation (win 7 burping perhaps...). Thanks for your time and help.
    Same here

And my UAC is off always...
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

I downloaded repeatedly and get the error above. The Romano-Britain campaign is great, so I'd like to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by [Celtíbero]Mencey View Post
    Same here

And my UAC is off always...
    Any help please? I installed 1.2 and it run pefectly. But then installed IBV 2 and it closes just when it tries to launch.

I have several mods installed and no one of them has gave any trouble with Virtual Store, and as I mentioned, nor IB 1.2 found no problem at all with this issue. My UAC is off.

Sipipatrik's Avatar Laetus

I have a great problem. I can't choose the directory where to install it. It installs only to C: drive, while my M2tw is on E: drive. It is there: C:\My Products. Why? I have windows 7. How can I change the following directory?!

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Just move the IB folder to where your MTW II main folder is insatalled, delete the shortcut created by the insataller on your desktop, then create an other shortcut by wright clicking on the Executable batch file and selecting create deskstop shortcut.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by [Celtíbero]Mencey View Post
    Any help please? I installed 1.2 and it run pefectly. But then installed IBV 2 and it closes just when it tries to launch.

I have several mods installed and no one of them has gave any trouble with Virtual Store, and as I mentioned, nor IB 1.2 found no problem at all with this issue. My UAC is off.
    Unisntalling...

Blog Entries

@Mencey

You probably installed into the wrong folder. That can happen with a 64 bit system or when the registry entry for M2TW directory path is corrupted.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

I downloaded and installed 1.2.01 to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War.. and ran the game no problem.

then i installed INVASIO BARBARORVM 2: AFRICA VANDALORVM II to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II
    and when i click the exe/bat file to run the game it crashes on startup screen.. i see the Invasio Barbaror title screen then crashes to desktop, no error message or anything.

i did not change anything on installation and just simply let the installer direct the install to the proper directory, C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War..

I have many other mods installed and running properly and the 1.2.01 version of this mod worked just fine.

I can not think what the issue would be as i am sure i installed to the proper directory. Perhaps the Megaupload download is bad or something...i dunno

Any help would be appreciated