Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: IB2 Vandalorvm II Campaign Install Issues/Questions/Bugs

Hi Mappo, you can play as the Ostroghoti in custom battle, under Eras chosse All, the Osroghots will be there.

Cheers.

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    Hi Mappo, you can play as the Ostroghoti in custom battle, under Eras chosse All, the Osroghots will be there.

Cheers.
    You are right. I was just distracted

thanks + rep
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

Quote Originally Posted by Mappo View Post
    Hi Riothamus, my OS is XP . I had never heard of virtual store, perhaps you mean the folders Custom and Saved? The second question: is it possible do coexist together Africa Vandalorum and Conquestus Britanniae in the same IB2 folder or I need a separate installation of IB2, one for Africa and one for Britannia?
    Thanks
    Virtual store I don't think is on XP. Gigantus had it right. I believe it was created for Vista and Windows 7 to retrieve stored info much quicker. For modders it can get in the way when adding new material. The saved(stored) info is utilized first and the new added info, even tough there, will not appear until the store info is deleted.

The IB2 Britanniae and IB2(Vandals) are separate mods. Each has their own main folder as will the other future mods that we develop here

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Mappo's Avatar Civis

Many thanks Riothamus. + rep

Greetings from Florentia
    Faithful in the centuries
    &

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Hi

Really really great mod
    I found a silver warrior from the Ostrogothi Heriban Light infantery
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/0006bw.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/0007fq.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by achwell View Post
    Hi

Really really great mod
    I found a silver warrior from the Ostrogothi Heriban Light infantery
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/0006bw.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/0007fq.jpg/
    Yes..a late find by us..We will fix it thanks

Any idea what the following log means when the game crashes and I get a What a mess!... error message?

19:51:43.201 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    19:51:43.201 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    19:51:43.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    19:51:43.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    19:51:43.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    19:51:43.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    19:51:43.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    19:51:43.201 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:01:38.624 [system.rpt] [error] What a mess! Better check the log for errors.
    Closing shop now, better luck next time!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The message forgot to mention that you need to change your error reporting to trace in the configuration file (it's the generic error message '..has found an error..' ). Open the CFG file of the mod with Notepad and change the following line:

level = * error
    to read:
    level = * trace

Then run the game again and see if you can reproduce the error.

Thank you Gigantus!

I am able to recreate the error from the save, although it does not happen at the same point - it may take one or more turns. Does not appear that it is in response to any input on my part. The error log is 19.5 mb in size. Here is the last milliseconds of the log:
    22:25:55.157 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0001_P_Build_Small_Church> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating6> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating28> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating35> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating47> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating48> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <trigger_astrologer> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <trigger_torturer> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <torturer> not added - chance 1, random 2
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <sitting_around_camp> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating4> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating15> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating16> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating28> fired
    22:25:55.166 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <selfperpetuating39> fired
    22:25:55.175 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    22:25:55.175 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    22:25:55.309 [system.rpt] [error] What a mess! Better check the log for errors.
    Closing shop now, better luck next time!
    Should anyone be interested in investigating this:

Here is a link to the savegame file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nog7n4
    Here is a link to all the logs (including the various script logs): http://www.sendspace.com/file/j9mec2
    Last edited by Nicholas Bell; October 06, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bell View Post
    Thank you Gigantus!

I am able to recreate the error from the save, although it does not happen at the same point - it may take one or more turns. Does not appear that it is in response to any input on my part. The error log is 19.5 mb in size. Here is the last milliseconds of the log:

Here is a link to all the logs (including the various script logs): http://www.sendspace.com/file/j9mec2
    Ill check it out
    Thank You Nicholas

Edit: You have an incorrect version. Either you didn't correctly download the mod or the download was faulty. Please tell me what you downloaded and hopefully we can figure out the problem
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 06, 2011 at 11:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bell View Post
    Thank you Gigantus!

Text files can be compressed tremendously by WinZIP and similar programs. A file that size (15MB) will usually come in under 1MB, max 2MB. After that attach it directly here using the 'Go advanced' button and then 'manage attachments.

Edit: You have an incorrect version. Either you didn't correctly download the mod or the download was faulty. Please tell me what you downloaded and hopefully we can figure out the problem
    The initial menu screen says Version II in the lower left corner. The IB2 AFRICA VANDALORVM 2.exe is dated 9-26-11, and was installed on top a 1.2.01. However, there are no new readme files for Version II - should there be?

The newest files I can locate in the mod Data folder are export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit.txt which are dated 9-23-11. There are other similar files from July, August and early September also, so there is the newest content it seems. Is there something specific which will identify the version installed?

I will re-download all the installation files and try that.

Edit: Forgot the obvious - there are 6 turns per year so I must be playing V2
    Last edited by Nicholas Bell; October 06, 2011 at 08:04 PM.

Blog Entries

If you had a previous version, please run this tutorial as from step 3 onward: How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems

Downloaded everything again - all the installation file sizes were the same, so D/L corruption unlikely. Deleted old and reinstalled (all in root directory folder - not program folder- with full admin rights, etc - I know the deal...). So far, so good, with continuing the campaign where I left off. So perhaps some corruption occurred during installation (win 7 burping perhaps...). Thanks for your time and help.

First of all guys, great mod, I enjoy playing in very much. However i noticed 3 in-game issues that should be addressed and possibly 4th one being optional.
    1) Comitatensis and legio palatina from different areas look the same with no distinguishable marks (ex. different shield deisgns, different unit cards, names or even looks, etc). It is very confusing when you r trying to retrain your troops in carthage only to find out by reading small print that they can only be retrained in gaul.
    2) Units don't get highlighted during battle or siege. Very tough to see which unit u r actually commanding and where it is on the battlefield.
    3) Traitors. Not sure if this is done on purpose but on M/M setting i lost 3 field armies within 2 turns to rebellion. All 3 generals had atleast 4 loyalty and one of them was my heir. I had plenty of money in my coffers and nobody even attempted to bribe them yet they just changed sides. Actually ricimir changed sides back and forth 3 times until i got tired of this tirade and finished him off. I can understand low loyalty ones to quit on you but the good ones and especially the family members and heirs beats the purpose and makes no sense. Got to the point i was afraid of moving any general out of the fort or city with more than 3 units to their disposal.
    4) Optional-Map is missing significant portions of norther gaul, britain and eastern illiricorum.

Domesticus

I just got everything today, and the original Vandals mod works, however, AV2 installs fine, but when starting it shows the splash screen, then just goes blank. Everything seems to be the proper size, and redownloading isnt exactly an option for me on dial up and mailing

PLEASE HELP!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Vegetius Renatus View Post
    First of all guys, great mod, I enjoy playing in very much. However i noticed 3 in-game issues that should be addressed and possibly 4th one being optional.
    1) Comitatensis and legio palatina from different areas look the same with no distinguishable marks (ex. different shield deisgns, different unit cards, names or even looks, etc). It is very confusing when you r trying to retrain your troops in carthage only to find out by reading small print that they can only be retrained in gaul.
    2) Units don't get highlighted during battle or siege. Very tough to see which unit u r actually commanding and where it is on the battlefield.
    3) Traitors. Not sure if this is done on purpose but on M/M setting i lost 3 field armies within 2 turns to rebellion. All 3 generals had atleast 4 loyalty and one of them was my heir. I had plenty of money in my coffers and nobody even attempted to bribe them yet they just changed sides. Actually ricimir changed sides back and forth 3 times until i got tired of this tirade and finished him off. I can understand low loyalty ones to quit on you but the good ones and especially the family members and heirs beats the purpose and makes no sense. Got to the point i was afraid of moving any general out of the fort or city with more than 3 units to their disposal.
    4) Optional-Map is missing significant portions of norther gaul, britain and eastern illiricorum.
    Hi
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus

for 2) look for your IB2.cfg file

change this line

disable_arrow_markers = true

to

disable_arrow_markers = false
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Hi
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus

for 2) look for your IB2.cfg file

change this line

disable_arrow_markers = true

to

disable_arrow_markers = false
    Thanks Midnite. Do u have any advice how i can tweak these traitor loyalty traits. it drives me nuts and I just had to restart my campaign again cause i lost my entire Western roman field army to rebellion.

Domesticus

I fixed the Virtual Store on my computer, but AV2 still isnt working correctly. Splash screen then CTD, no error message. What do I do?!

Edit: I really hope we can get this fixed with a small download(hopefully hosted here XD), im on dial up, and I had my girlfriend download and send me everything on memory sticks and cards

Edit 2: Another thing to note, I have NOT run the Vandals 1.2 mod since the first time I installed it(I wanted to see the old version before seeing the new, horrible idea I guess XD). Im on Windows Vista SP2, I fixed the UAC(I set the SEGA folder to full control, and it too about 10 minute to change ALL security settings on ALL files)
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; October 13, 2011 at 06:17 PM.

Domesticus

Ok, got it fixed, I did the UAC again and made it set allow all for everything on the list(my gaming PC is offline only as of right now, so doesnt matter, lets see someone hack it XD), and got it working

YEAH!