Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How to create a new accent

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Default Re: How to create a new accent

Quote Originally Posted by Bagabigna View Post
    Is adding new sound effects to descr_sounds_weapons.txt and descr_sounds_units_fire.txt would require a similar method when it comes to adding new sounds?
    Yes, I'd guess
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Default Re: How to create a new accent

I asked this question elsewhere, but I'm not sure if the solution will be found there or here. So, here's the thing (again):

Call it an Obsessive Compulsion (or whatever) but I simply want my Factions in order. One would think that'd be as simple as changing their order in the "descr_sm_factions.txt" and "descr_strat.txt" files. However, for some reason, that changes the accents of all the factions; as the Byzantines are now speaking French and the Hungarians think they're Scottish!

So, I'm guessing that I have to go through and create a new (individual) accent for each of my factions. Or is there a simpler solution?

SK

PS. I've found that it is definitely the reordering in "desc_sm_factions.txt" that is causing the problem. Still trying to find the solution; as simply deleting the events.idx and events.dat files does not work.

PS-2: I resolved the issue. I had the "descr_sounds_*.txt" files in the Sounds folder and not the Data folder. Thus recreating the "event.dat" and "events.idx" failed to work properly.

Be advised though: if you change the order of the factions in the "descr_sm_factions.txt" file: you will need to delete and allow the game to regenerate the "event.*" files!
    Last edited by Knightforger; March 05, 2018 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Resolved

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345