Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus, dose Bare Geomod use the custom battle maps from the data files (C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\packs)? Or dose Bare Geomod have some of its own battle maps?

Out of 3 settlement maps I've tested so far in Bare Geomod, I can play the first map Arsuf (which btw, is no longer a desert battlefield) and Canyon, but not Winter Town (last 'settlement' map).
    And as far as I know, none of the other non-settlement maps I cannot play.

(btw, when I say I cannot play the map, I mean the mod shows an error message and crashes).
    I've tried playing the maps with a few vanilla factions but the same problem still occurs.

To confuse things even more, another mod I have which is simular to Bare Geomod (bar the name, map, and a few other desc_start things), this mod allows me to play on any of the maps (settlement/non settlement maps) as far as I know (ive only tested once on an non settlement map).

So is there any problem with Bare Geomods custom battle maps?
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I guess you are talking about "Bare Kingdoms" - that set up of mine does not include any map files and therefore uses the ones from the M2TW folders (vanilla files - data\world folder).
    Right now I am not at my machine (won't be for a while) so I can't look at the files of Bare Geomod. Probably the custom battle's files are not copied into the Geomod version to save space in the download. If you wish, have a look at the data\world folder of M2TW: there should be a 'customs' folder which you can simply copy over to Geomod. That should solve the problem.
    Please note that the co-ordinates of the custom battles depend on the map in the world folder where those custom battles are. Meaning, if you have changed the map, then the custom battles will not be the same (or not playable).

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Bare Kingdoms? Hmm I dont have that mod (or installer).

Bare Geomod dosnt have any custom battle maps in its folder, and the campaign map for Bare Geomod on my machine has been edited, so that explains why some maps are working and others are not working. Also explains why some maps have different climates. Thanks Gigantius, that should rap it up

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This should make Ishan happy: (jokes )

Indefinitely Banned

Can this also be used with rome total war?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

No.

Indefinitely Banned

Dang

IZob's Avatar Citizen

It's for ME2TW Kingdoms.

For RTW, you'd have to find ou which files RTW uses (RTW uses some different files then to M2TW) and change the files RTW needs so that the files work correctly.

Thats already alot of work, when its easier to start with origional RTW in the first place.

Im also not sure if RTW is compatiable with this Geomod.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Gig tried making it RTW compatible but was not successful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    Gigantus,

Eothese: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=35400
    who created the Expanded Americas 3.2 mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1022

Eothese has graciously allowed me the use of his units from Expanded Americas 3.2 in order to facilitate the creation of my mod. I'm practically a mod team of one, although I have had one person volunteer to make some significant map changes in mid June.

His mod doesn't open with Bare Geomod without errors. It seems to be some region assignment issues. Since I need to redo the regions anyway, and I'm going to switch to a new map at some point, that's fine.

What I would like to do is merge his units and textures into the Bare Geomod files. They're the vanilla ones, but they're all set up precisely as I need them. Do I merely copy the files into Bare Geomod? I want to use this tool since it will greatly assist me from making errors and to make more changes in the future.

If you could illuminate the process of importing those file, it would really assist me in getting started. Thanks!
    If the files you are using are modified 'vanilla' files (retaining the same names) then you simply need to copy them into their respective folders. You might have to copy the EDU and modelDB file as well.
    For all the details have a look into the text editing forum - there should be a tutorial that explains on how to import units into a mod. I am not at my machine, so I haven't got the links with me.

Hey Gigantus,

when I try to extract Bare Geomod for M2TW (not Kingdoms) I get an error telling me the file is corrupt. What can I do?

edit: I restarted my computer and it worked, nevermind.
    Last edited by Diamond; July 13, 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Hey Gigantus,

Maybe you can help me with something. I downloaded the Bare Geomod Kingdoms and went about adding a new city. Everything went smoothly, the game runs fine, and I have no problems with the new settlement. However, when I looked in the error log, it says that the city I just added is on an invalid tile, and the city wont be able to be accessed. This is false because as I have said, everything runs fine. I have tried moving the city, changing the ground types, converted the text files, whatever I could think of, and the error still will not go away. Any ideas?

Blog Entries

A settlement tile goes across 4 ground type tiles. If one of the tiles is inaccessible, the whole settlement pixel is considered inaccessible.
    In Geomod, use the ground type overlay with the settlement option ticked. On maximum zoom check if all the 4 tiles are OK and then place the settlement.

Yeah, I made sure of that. All the tiles around it are medium fertility, thats why I posted because it confused me. I had fixed this issue before in another mod by doing what you said, but for some reason the Bare Geomod is still giving me this issue.

Blog Entries

That is rather curious, it shouldn't happen if the ground type is correct. I have attached a screenshot how it would look with the small grid as help.

Silly question: are you sure you got the right city? Or does it have two garisons?

jakerslake's Avatar Libertus
    in Wilmington, NC, USA - till' the angels cry and we return again to the Great City on the Bosphorus

help! downloaded the latest Geomod and the ninstalled the BareGeomod, but when i open geomod an click the right folder, it launches with an "error: "media" folder not found! the program will now exit."
    I wouldn't have asked, but i could find the log

Blog Entries

Looks like you got an old version of Geomod. Version 6.18 is the latest.

in Wilmington, NC, USA - till' the angels cry and we return again to the Great City on the Bosphorus

ee... i have that version, but to make sure i redownloaded and reinstalled the latest versions of both Geomod and BareGeomod, the same error occurs. could it be i installed it over an old version?

Blog Entries

The error 'media folder not found' is from an earlier version of Geomod. You might have a problem with the virtual store. Follow this tutorial from step three onward How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems afterward remove your present Geomod manually and then re-install.

wow thank you so much and responding so quick