Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

No - I am talking about the actual TGA file. Like data\ui\southern_european\interface\sharedpage_00.tga

I found it! Never knew about that folder, but I am still new to graphics. I've only had some limited successes (the coal to copper transition was one of my best).

This page has a lot of things on it. I'm not sure how to modify the background part, which is down at the bottom center. Here it is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharedpage_01.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	263.5 KB 
ID:	367586

This page has a lot of stuff on it and it is a big file. Not sure how to isolate the background there at the bottom to work on it. Can I just select it, crop it, change it, then repaste it onto that larger file?

Blog Entries

That's 01, you need 00. Bottom center on 01 are the unit background tiles, for custom battles I think.
    If it is not present then look in the other culture's directories.

Best way would be to copy\paste the part you want from the default file onto SS's.

Last edited by Gigantus; June 15, 2022 at 09:05 PM.

Ok, I see now. The sharedpage_001 I first looked at had all black squares, but it is the "mouseover page".

I need to unpack either MTWII data files or one of the kingdoms expansions. First, I plan to back up my whole mod now that it is up and running for the most part. I don't want anything to be messed up by the unpacker, although I think it would be fine. Not taking any chances this time.

A strange problem has arisen. I found my old export_buildings_txt file with all my recent changes, but it will not work because the newly generated strings.bin file stops the game. I may post this problem somewhere else. I've never seen just a strings.bin file crash the game by refusing any changes to it or displaying them in-game.

Blog Entries

Use my unpacker - it will unpack outside the game's directory.

I have a small problem with the chain of buildings of the cities added to the campaign map. It only happens to me with the cities, with the castles there is no problem. The level that I put on a city I can not go to the next level. By putting a For example, if a town reaches a population of 6,000 people, the stone wall does not appear to me to go to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Use my unpacker - it will unpack outside the game's directory.
    Thanks man! I see it in the files now. I understand how it works now. Thanks!

Blog Entries

These are the (default) levels used in BG, the upgrade from large town to city is indeed 6000, so I am not sure what the problem might be. Did you change something in the EDB file?
    Code:
       <population_levels>
          <!-- city -->
          <level name="village" base="400" upgrade="800" min="400" max="1500"/>
          <level name="town" base="800" upgrade="2000" min="400" max="3500"/>
          <level name="large_town" base="2000" upgrade="6000" min="400" max="9000"/>
          <level name="city" base="6000" upgrade="12000" min="400" max="18000"/>
          <level name="large_city" base="12000" upgrade="24000" min="400" max="36000"/>
          <level name="huge_city" base="24000" min="400" max="72000"/>
          <!-- castle -->
          <level name="moot_and_bailey" base="400" upgrade="0" min="400" max="1500"/>
          <level name="wooden_castle" base="400" upgrade="0" min="400" max="3500"/>
          <level name="castle" base="1500" upgrade="4500" min="400" max="9000"/>
          <level name="fortress" base="4500" upgrade="9000" min="400" max="13500"/>
          <level name="citadel" base="9000" upgrade="18000" min="400" max="18000"/>
       </population_levels>

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You might be adding that line (it's optional - BG has the vanilla EDU) into the wrong spot:

Code:
    ownership        england, slave
    era 0            england
    era 1            england
    era 2            england
    ;unit_info        13, 0, 1
    recruit_priority_offset    -12
    The kingdoms EDU have that line by default, but it will not cause a crash in BG when added as BG runs of the kingdoms.exe
    Which editor are you using?
    Hi Gigantus,
    I started to use your Bare Geomod a few weeks ago and am enjoying it. You answered some of my questions on Steam forum and have been very helpful.

I have some questions about modding the “recruit_priority_offset”. I want to make the AI factions STOP spamming artillery (ballista, catapult, treb, etc.), should I make the number after recruit_priority_offset big (like 20) or small (like 0 or -20)? I am asking this because I see contradicting information after searching online.

This artillery spamming really kills the fun for me. Yesterday playing as Russia I fought AI HRE. My full stack against HREÂ’s two full stacks. Unfortunately the HREÂ’s two full stacks contain more than 30 units of artillery!! This is beyond braindead for the AI. It is super easy and boring to fight AI stacks with so many artilleries, making me want to quit the campaign.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

From what I recall: "the lower the value, the lower the priority" - the effect is depending on what highest value you use, I think it might get capped at 100. In other words: if you use 1 and 2 then you hardly get a difference - if you use 1 and 20 then you will certainly see a difference, never mind 1 and 100.

Edit: not sure if negative values work.

I want to ask if something like BareGeomod can be downloaded here somewhere, which contains an already fully functional map and everything necessary for the functionality of the game? where would it be enough just to add factions and regions? so that I don't have to map from scratch?

I got the geomod tool on my computer if you want to add new factions and regions from scratch. Let me know if you want to use it.

Blog Entries

Geomod tool
    Basic Map collection developed with Demis Mapping and for Geomod tool

Note: Bare Geomod contains two of the basic maps as custom campaigns

Blog Entries

UPDATE

- corrected 'player built first huge cathedral' script
    - added autosave switch to CFG file
    - provided universal BAT file

Skúsil by som to velmi rád

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes
    I would very much like to try it
    It's a stand alone mod so you shouldn't have a problem. Basically it's the main game with a number of modding oriented fixes. It's purpose is to make starting your own mod easy by using it as base.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    I got the geomod tool on my computer if you want to add new factions and regions from scratch. Let me know if you want to use it.
    I would be grateful.. Is it enough to add factions and regions?

I would also like to ask.. Is it possible to have a mod without the papal faction and at the same time functional crusades?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    I would also like to ask.. Is it possible to have a mod without the papal faction and at the same time functional crusades?
    Not possible afaik, but hasn't been tested. It's possible to have functional jihaads as long as you have a 'islam' religion, but I think you need a papal faction (special faction entry in descr_sm_factions) on top of a 'catholic' religion to have crusades.

Stiahol som si geomod, pridal som jednu oblasť do programu skicára, upravil som subor map_regions, descr_mercenaries, descr_strat, descr_regions, descr_sounds_music_types, imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlements,,,,ale keď spustím geomod a vyberiem frakciu, hodí ma to do hlavného menu a hra sa nespustí. Musím pred úpravou nejako nastaviť geomod? alebo som na niečo zabudol? zatiaľ som iba upravoval existujúce mody podľa seba, prvýkrát skúšam geomod