Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

It's actually the faulty generating of the historic_event.STRING.BIN file that causes the delay. Described in my manual, 'files required' section, special note:

Quote Originally Posted by the manual
    ++ Special note: This file is not properly generated by Geomod and will cause a long delay at game start if not rectified. To fix this matter you should download the StringBin Converter (requires Python 2.6) and extract the converter into the data\text folder of your mod. Double click\run 'convert_all.bat' to get updated txt files, which in turn will generate new string.bin files, solving the problem. The string.bin converter is already included in my ‘Bare Geomod’ installation.
    Note: using high values for movement points of the character's can cause a delay as well.

Blog Entries

UPDATE

1.10 - kingdoms only
    - corrected UI bug with re-enforcements

Prebattle Screen

Battle Screen

How to make a mod folder for a submod? I want to add a new faction to the De Bello Mundi (DBM) mod for M2TW. I tried to copy/paste the BareGeomod kingdoms folder into a mods folder I created inside the DBM mod folder, but running the BareGeomodKingdoms executable it says "cannot locate kingdoms.exe".

How do you set up a submod folder for a mod of M2TW? I want to add a new faction to DBM without editing it's own 'vanilla' original files in DBM.

Blog Entries

The files needed to add a faction are common\shared by all provincial campaigns, hence setting up an additional provincial campaign will not help. You therefore have no choice other then to make backup of these DBM files and then edit the current ones. To actually play that faction separate then (descr_strat entries) can be done via a provincial campaign. Because you are adding entries there should be no problem to edit the common files unless you exceed hard coded limits like EDU entries (500) and number of factions (31) in descr_sm_factions.
    The Bare Geomod installation will not be of help here.

Oh I see, thank you Gigantus.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Blog Entries

Version Update

- corrected 'square smoke trails'

Civis

Hello:

I have a new problem that is rather odd, and I'm not sure where I could post about it. Here it goes:
    My CDs somehow got damaged (dont ask how), so I could not run the game. I bought a digital download from Amazon, which runs fine, but I still cannot run any mods. This includes Bare Geomod. When I try to run Bare Geomod (or any mod so far for that matter) It goes:
    "No disc inserted.
    Please insert the original "Kingdoms" CD/DVD.
    Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information."

Is there a way to run Bare Geomod with the Amazon download?

Blog Entries

The guys in the technical forum should have a solution. Sounds like 'pyramid' to me.

Civis

I'll have a look, thanks.

Slor's Avatar Civis

I have a problem in Geomod.. which i've never used before, but was bored so I gave it a shot. The map I took off of Demis and used the tutorial on will show up in Geomod and not even run into any errors, but I can clearly see the Heights map doesn't line up with the others in Geomod. So I started over from scratch and resized everything. This time I went alittle bigger and did 1021. Still the heights map just doesn't line up correctly with the other maps. So I gave it a 3rd shot by just merging my map over alpacca's bare map and I still cant load the map. Out of ideas

Blog Entries

You have to do it the other way round: use the heights map as base and then overlay with the other graphic files and adjust the shoreline (all graphic files have to have the correct sizes!). Have a look at my basic tutorial to see how the files interact.

Slor's Avatar Civis

Thanks that worked. Another question before calling it a night. I tried placing a new region and I followed the steps from Naks tutorial, but when running the debugger it gives me invalid city position no matter where I placed the city inside the zone. I placed multiple chars with no error, but the city refuses every pixel. I know I'm just missing something simple, so I will re-read your more in depth guide and see if I can figure it out.

Blog Entries

Check if you have another settlement pixel touching the zone. Is the ground type valid for placement? Is map_heights more then 0,0,0?

Slor's Avatar Civis

Well this is the first region/settlement for the map so nothing else is on it yet. It looked like it was best to validate/debug after every region, but maybe since its the first it wont work? Other than that I've tried a number of things. I've done different climates, ground types and heights, but nadda. I can put resources and chars with no problem but every place I put the settlement says invalid position.

So my guess is that since its the first region/city the debugger throws the error. Other tutorials say its better to lay your cities first and then draw regions.. so that makes my guess wrong. /stumped why couldn't this be as easy as scripting

Blog Entries

It doesn't really matter what you do first: region or settlement, as long a you do both.
    To work with Geomod you need to set up the first region manually (fill all land area with one color, place one settlement, entry in descr_regions, entry in text\imperial_campaign_regions...txt) as well as one faction with one named_character. As england is the first faction in descr_sm_faction and Geomod uses it for default settings I would recommend this faction.
    Then create a number of equally sized regions (10-12) with the tool. If 'validating' the regions while creating doesn't present a problem then later run the debugger. Please note that the errors shown by the debugger are not fatal errors other then placing a settlement on 0,0,0 height landmass (which the debugger fixes).

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

I'd like to view my work ingame but a few seconds of loading screen and it never starts up and crashes instead all the time.
    Code:
    17:55:56.133 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:55:56.133 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    17:55:56.203 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:55:56.333 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:55:56.383 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:55:56.473 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:55:56.543 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:55:56.583 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:56:11.992 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 61, column 115
    AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS'
    17:56:11.992 [data.invalid] [fatal] Animation database failed to load!
    17:56:12.780 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    It's the same problem even before I modified bare geomod.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Blog Entries

It has indeed nothing to do with Bare Geomod. Your descr_skeleton has a reference to a file that is not included in your data\animations\skeletons.idx\dat files. Either the entry is a typo or you need to copy the contents of the data\animation folder from wherever you got the descr_skeleton file from.

Which files need editing to remove the discovery of the new world? I want to remove the event and more importantly I want the whole mini map to show on the campaign map from the start.

Right now the left side of my map is hidden, when the new world event fires the left side remains hidden.

Blog Entries

It's in the campaign_script file. Look for ;-- America discovered -- and delete that section until just before the ;-- Aztecs contacted -- line.

To remove the radar restriction simple add this line just underneath the script line: restrict_strat_radar false