Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

strange. it did this for every testing. until i decided to finish editing all the rivers (adding more) in the features tga with some fords and it seems to work. i've relaunched three times now and no sign of any bug.

divine intervention i guess

thanks for your swift answer though, if it happens the bug reappears because it wasn't really gone i'll know what to look for

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Sometimes changing the size of a region that is affected or the simple removal of a river branch does the trick.

I suspected that would happen. it occured once more.

You were right gigantus, on your counsel, i deleted 5-6 river branches (small ones) and it works fine. (for now...)
    thanks a lot for your advice!

Blog Entries

It's some obscure relation of rivers to region size that causes this, hence reducing region size or removing rivers usually fixes it.

interresting. then i'll try adding a few when i'll start editing the regions.

So I've been able to use Geomod with the provided files to create a map. Testing through Geomod shows that all regions are owned, and that there are no other bugs that it can detect. I can start up the Bare Kingdoms executable, but once I click to start a new campaign, I immediately get a crash. The "Uh oh, this isn't good" one. Any idea as to what's causing this? I'm not on a computer that has the files with me, but I have all regions assigned to either England or France. At the moment I still have a few very large regions; could that have something to do with the crash? There's no rivers, no manipulated elevation, no terrain type edits, if that helps to clarify.

Blog Entries

Looks like you got invalid factions in the win conditions. Open with Geomod and then go to the 'faction\campaign\victory' tab and verify each faction - that will remove invalid entries. See 'victory subdivision', page 28 in the manual.

Well that is one major hurdle cleared! Now I can access the campaign start screen, though when I click to start the campaign, the game locks up and drops me off back at the single player menu. The button to access the campaign screen is locked up, unless I go back to another menu and then return to that one. I'm looking for a possible explanation to this though I've not found anything yet. Sounds similar to an issue some people have with UAC but I don't run that on my computer anymore, so that can't be it.
    Last edited by StupidAlarmClockGuy; November 17, 2012 at 07:20 AM.

Blog Entries

A CTM (crash to menu) will give you usually a clear error message in the log. Check in the m2tw\logs folder. If the folder does not exist run your mod again so a new log can be created.

Checked it. One of the provinces I made overnight had no capital city. I think that might explain it.

Everything's working now, and I can finally check the fruits of my labor. Thanks for the resources and Q&A Gigantus, I'd never have gone this far without it!

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Ok, I've followed the instructions from Gigantus and the manual to the letter, I've disabled UAC, and even after trying for three days it still isn't working - none of my changes are appearing in the game.

Anyone having the same problem? Anyone know what to do?
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 31, 2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: multiple posting merged.

Blog Entries

Please describe your problem in detail.

I have created regions as specified, inserted a few captains in my new cities, etc. But when I load the executable, my changes are not there. Just the vanilla game. I've began new campaigns, disabled UAC, but nothing has changed.

I have followed all instructions to creating regions and such, I have made sure using the debugging feature that all of my cities and ports are validly placed, and none of my regions overlap onto the cities and ports of other regions. I have validated every step, and saved when I was done. Yet when I load the game, there is no change.

Blog Entries

1. you need to delete the map.rwm file if you have not done the changes via the Geomod tool
    2. if you have modded the original game then you need the 'file_first' entry in your (write protected) CFG file
    3. And after all that there is still the chance that the virtual store may interfere.

1 - The changes were done with Geomod
    2 - Depends how you mean the original game, if you mean if I modded the main campaign using BG, yes. If you mean did I mod one of the vanilla folders without BG, no I didn't.

Blog Entries

So you used the mods\Bare_Geomod folder for modding and you used the Geomod tool, that eliminates a few things that could have gone wrong.

One of the most common errors is not to 'validate' the changes. Without that the changes will not be written to the files. Validating also checks if the entry is correct and will inform you if an error has been made.
    Redo a previous entry (change) that you know didn't show up and then validate and save. Try if the change still does not show. Make sure to use the Bare Geomod desktop link to start the game - Bare Geomod should show you 'Bare Geomod by Gigantus' on top of the first menu screen.

I validated, debugged and saved everything, and none of the changes I made have showed up at all. So should I just start again?

Blog Entries

Try this tutorial first - from step 3 onward and at the end delete the medieval 2 total war folder in the virtual store as described.