Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

"BG Medieval" will install into the "...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Bare_Geomod" folder. If you make changes in another mod folder, then these changes will not appear there. changes in the "...\Medieval II Total War\data\loading_screens" folder should appear there.

I would however advise you to follow this tutorial from step 3 onward.

May I ask why you are using the Medieval version of Bare Geomod and not the Kingdoms one? If you have any of the Kingdoms campaigns installed, then I would recommend to use the Kingdoms version.

Indefinitely Banned

i use kingdom and now just downloaded bare.geomod for kingdoms .i installed it .and its create bare geomod in mods section

Blog Entries

Now copy your modified files into that Bare_Geomod folder and check if it works.

Indefinitely Banned

thanks men it changed ...

question in the data file their is no dmb file or sound files shell i create them

Blog Entries

The best way will be to unpack the main game or one of the kingdoms campaigns if you intend to use those files. Otherwise don't bother - it's working I suppose?

Indefinitely Banned

i unpacked the game .. and its working..fine
    i just want built new descr sound files and dmb so they stop use the vanilla files

Blog Entries

There should be a tutorial in the text editing or the sounds forum detailing exactly how to do that.

Indefinitely Banned

ok thanks

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Ive noticed in my bare_geomod folder that some files are missing like my unit_models and unit_sprites folders, so are those supposed to be there normaly or is my instalation messed up? also are there any other files/folders i need for med 2 to work properly?
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Blog Entries

Bare Geomod contains all files necessary to run the Med2 original campaign (vanilla game) in kingdoms mode (boiling oil etc) and to work with the Geomod tool.
    Any other modified files will have to be added manually by yourself, like the unit_models folder you mentioned.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

k thanks... lol quess untill I can afford to buy unit modeling software ill have to use find models some where else...
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

What did i do wrong? I downloaded Bare Geomod, and every time i open it up from the desktop, it launches m2tw?

Blog Entries

You did nothing wrong - that's exactly what it does, but it uses the kingdoms.exe to enable all the features from there like boiling oil.

It is basically a set up for modding, the starting pitfalls removed (Ragusa port bug and others)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Kingdoms Geomod Base Folder - a mod folder based on Medieval 2 'Vanilla' for use with the Geomod tool.

Alright, i was confused because in your geomod manual there is a campaign editor thing in one of the earlier steps, so i just thought that was part of geomod

Blog Entries

The Geomod tool IS the editor.

I knew i had to be missing something, thanks a ton

When i tried to launch the geomod tool, windows crashed. When i restarted and tried it again, windows crashed again. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by complete noob:(; March 01, 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Geomod changes the resolution of the display - something to do with it's code. I don't have a problem with it in windows7 (it gave a message initially) or before in Vista, but you might want to run it in compatibility mode. Right Click on the desktop icon, choose properties and then try the various modes in the 'compatibility' tab.

Thanks, after launching Geomod in compatibility mode it worked

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Hi gig i having some issues with geomod i made a very simple change to make a faction playable this caused CTD. I relaunch the gemod and make the faction unoplayble again and save of course iam still geting a CTD. I have also checked the log and i think it has to do with text strings but i have tryed your .string converter batch files and they dont sem to work for me dont know why.I have pyhton installed so i cant be thatand i have even tryed deleting the strings manully but that does nothing as well they always reappear and the game crashes on the splash screen every time. I relise that gemod may need some manual tinkering as well or does it do everything automaticly? This seems a very useful tool but i having some issues. I have also tryed reading the manual but cant think of any suitable fixes listed there since i have changed the mod back to what it was orinagly saved and deleted the text strings. Iam totally confused mate can you give me some help or stuff to fix the CTD.

medievil log included
    Last edited by goblinking; March 07, 2012 at 10:12 AM.