Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

In my experience that's the most efficient way - Geomod is not designed (although capable) to make whole sale changes to the map. It's easier to use an editor for that, Geomod is more for the detail work.

And do I need to set up that geomod somehow so I can start working?

Stále sa učím, prerábam iné existujúce mody, ale nikdy som nerobil svoje vlastné od nuly, pretože neviem, ako začať pracovať s geomodom.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; March 29, 2023 at 06:22 AM. Reason: double

Blog Entries

The tool requires a certain set of files to work with ** and it's a bit sensitive to formatting errors: it's advisable to make a copy of your mod directory before working with the tool. And you should start by simply opening your mod with the tool and then save without making any changes. The save may freeze because of issues.

For the files required and possible freeze solutions see my manual.

Is there any video tutorial on geomod? or pictures of specific steps?

Blog Entries

Not that I am aware of.

The manual does explain the odd procedure if it is not evident.

In which file can I edit the price for merchants?

Blog Entries

descr_cultures:
    Code:
    merchant        merchant.tga        merchant_info.tga        merchant.tga    550    1    1

Can anyone advise me how to add a functional crusade to the game? I play a mod in which crusade is not possible and I would like to add it to the game

These are the conditions for the crusade function to be available:

- A faction in descr_sm_factions must have the special_faction_type papal_faction, only the first faction with this tag will be the papal faction
    - The faction leader of the papal faction must be alive on the map, he is the pope and will enable the pope tab in the faction summary scroll
    - At least one region in descr_regions.txt (rebuild map.rwm after editing) must have the 'crusade' hidden resource, this will make the region a possible target for crusades
    - Check crusade_called_start_turn in descr_campaign_db.xml - I believe this only controls when the AI will begin calling crusades, it does not affect the player's ability to call crusades

Any faction which has the same religion as the papal faction (not necessarily 'catholic') will be able to see the pope tab and suggest crusades. Their crusade suggestions will only be accepted if the faction's diplomatic standing with the papal faction is high enough. It is also recommended that you make the priest agent type available at least for the papal faction so that future popes can be elected from the College of Cardinals when the starting one dies - if there is no living pope, crusades will not be available.

Jihads are similar to crusades but do not require the papal mechanics above. They only require an imam (priest) with a sufficiently high piety level (see descr_campaign_db.xml > required_jihad_piety) and I believe (but not sure) that the faction must have the 'islam' religion.

Všetko, čo ste spomenuli, sa zdá byť v poriadku, napriek tomu sa mi nedarí vyvolať križiacku výpravu. Pápež ma nikdy neschváli, skúšal som to 35 otáčok. Existujú nejaké ďalšie veci, ktoré to môžu ovplyvniť?

I would also like to ask if you know of any step-by-step guide on how to add Mongol invasion?

If you're getting to the point where you have the option to suggest a crusade and the only roadblock is that the pope isn't approving it, then you've set everything up right you just need to be sure your faction has a high enough diplomatic standing with the papal faction. I believe there is also a bit of randomness in whether or not the pope approves a crusade.

If you're asking about Mongol invasion in the abstract, then all you need to do is spawn an army for a horde faction. If you're talking about the Mongol faction specifically, check the script in the vanilla campaign.

I'm playing a mod where the papal faction was changed to Bohemia, I made Bohemia a Papal State again. I may have overlooked something, because even though I have an alliance with the Pope, my popularity with the Pope is not growing.All factions have 5 crosses and this does not change in any way after multiple turns.. Any idea? What else can it affect?

Aj po 35 zákrutách nechce schváliť križiacku výpravu, tiež som sa snažil hrať za pápežský štát, po viac ako 25 otočkách sa križiacka výprava nedá vyvolať. Musia existovať veci, ktoré ho ovplyvňujú

There is a way but idk remember how to change it.

Blog Entries

Building churches does help. And bribing, eg giving a gift of gold in a diplomatic window - small amounts for a number of turns works better then one large amount.

Yes, I know, but something is wrong because it doesn't change at all for any faction.

Blog Entries

Then it might be best to ask at the place where you downloaded that mod - maybe some obscure setting has been changed.

Ak ste oboznámení s modom Kingdoms Grand Camping, mapa kampane je obrovská.. Je možné ho nejako upraviť, ab bol menší? veľa voľného miesta mi vadí

Blog Entries

There is an option in the tool to reduce the map size, but it does require some work, check in the manual for the details:
    Quote Originally Posted by Google Translate
    V nástroji je možnosť zmenšiť veľkosť mapy, ale vyžaduje si to trochu práce, podrobnosti nájdete v príručke:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?360228