Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

I made some test:

- Copy tatw vanilla (no moded) > bare_kingdoms

it always crash in the start because i missi files like anims battle models ecc. I checked the log

- Open directly tatw vanilla folder in geomod give me this error and it close:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Immagine 2021-02-27 133109.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	363910

I just working on map_regions and map_features and i want to see the outcomes on the battlemap, like moving city position rivers springs ecc
    there are otherways otherwise?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Something is the matter with the family tree of the mordor faction. That's in the descr_strat file. Upload the file and text\campaign_descriptions.txt and let me have a look at it.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hello Gigantus, good to see you still around and long time no speak!

So I decided to start modding again and have run into a problem with the 2.1.08 Version download as it errors out with the first_jihad.bik:This file contains invalid data (error 11fd).

I'm downloading from this page http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3881

I'm installing on Windows 10 Gold Edition, and have successfully unpacked the Main Game and 4 DLCs without problems. I have no problems with playing the game, but for the life of me can't work out how to fix the install of Bare Geomod?

Do you have any suggestions?

Blog Entries

That's kinda weird as it is the original, in no way edited BIK file from the crusades campaign. I added it as the descr_events_images file has it listed.

Have you tried a fresh download? Just asking as this is the first complaint I had since I uploaded that version middle of last month.

Edit: I found this which seems to confirm my assumption. Take heed of the browser cache clearing advice a bit further down.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 10, 2021 at 07:28 AM.

Patrician

Yes, I thought it must sound weird to you as well. I redownloaded, removed the previous Bare Geomod files and installed again, and once again I get the same error.

I have checked my install path is correct, and I am definitely using the Kingdoms 2.1.08 version and NOT the Medieval 1.11?
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; March 10, 2021 at 07:51 AM. Reason: correction

Patrician

Thanks for adding the link. Still no luck I'm afraid?

I have deleted the cache a few times, removed all temporary internet files and downloaded the file on Explorer and Chrome and getting the same error. I've even run my system Mechanic to clean up all internet files! It has me beaten at the moment, but I'll come back to it later.

Blog Entries

I downloaded from the link and installed without an issue. Just in case I have recompiled the installer and I am busy uploading it. So try again sometime later.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I downloaded from the link and installed without an issue. Just in case I have recompiled the installer and I am busy uploading it. So try again sometime later.
    Well I'm all out of ideas. I've done everything including deleting the Virtual Store folder and can't get past the error. I''ve tried firefox, edge and chrome with no success. I've removed every cache, temp folder, history and download and repeated the process with no luck? I've also tried to install this on both the steam version and gold version, and the same error persists?

I also get a similar error when trying to install GeoMod for Mapping which errors out during the install with tools\BareGeomod\MTW2_files\mods\teutonic\maps\base\map_ground_types.tga (error 21FC). I'm guessing I might have to do this the old fashioned way as a work around

Ironically, I have downloaded the Medieval 1.11 Bare Geomod and installed this straight away without problems.

Blog Entries

The link I gave also mentioned hardware issues, that could be the issue. Because those map installers have been up for years without any issues.

I could upload BG for you in a zip format, you would then have to create a desktop shortcut yourself. Simply extract and then move into the mods directory.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 10, 2021 at 09:26 PM.

Patrician

The link I gave also mentioned hardware issues, that could be the issue. Because those map installers have been up for years without any issues.

I could upload BG for you in a zip format, you would then have to create a desktop shortcut yourself. Simply extract and then move into the nods directory.
    I had a look at the hardware issues and could not detect any with RAM, motherboard or Graphics card. I reinstalled Windows 10 a few weeks ago and so have the latest drivers for everything.

If you could upload the zip format, that would help a lot, and I can do the rest.

Blog Entries

Here you are, version 2.1.08

Note: my repack of your mod contains all necessarily files from Bare Geomod. Tip for Steam modding (as you mentioned there): never, ever delete the string.bin files for battle, strat, shared and tooltips - else they will not generate again when you edit the TXt file.
    Same holds true for the SD files in the data\ui folder when you have edited the XML files.

Patrician

Thank you Gigantus, I'll take note of that.

nadalio's Avatar Civis

Something is the matter with the family tree of the mordor faction. That's in the descr_strat file. Upload the file and text\campaign_descriptions.txt and let me have a look at it.
    Hi Gigantus,
    Sorry for my late reply the error was in TATW vanilla with the creature fix
    campaign_descriptions.txtdescr_strat.txt

I would like to use geomod also with pcp, dac and leo mod, but i always have issue with forts many resources ecc.
    Geomod is an amazing friendly tool i just want to move city positions and features.

The cities positions are critical becouse i don't know which files have these coordinates, usually the descr_strat but but i don't know what other files.

thank you

Blog Entries

The single relative line lists 6 children which is an error, 4 is maximum. The game can live with it because Mordor (england) hasn't got a regular family tree afaik. Simply remove the last two names in line 2905 and copy them back when you are finished, I am assuming there is some scripting linked to this 'extended' family tree.

Geomod can't handle custom forts. The only way to work with this is by removing the whole 'forts' section while working with the tool and then to copy it back later. You may run into issues if you change region borders and one of those forts is now in a different region. But if memory recalls the crash log will detail the issue.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Yea, I always had to keep a separate folder, so that the Geomod wouldnt destroy my mod, as I have many weird things in it, such as the custom forts

Yea, the log reports the forts, their coords and region, so can be fixed that way, though one might have to start the campaign numerous times for the log to actually show it.

Blog Entries

UPDATE

- code correction in descr_campaign_db.xml, see here
    - updated descr_campaign_db.xml with all known parameters, thanks Xeryx

nadalio's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the reply
    @Gigantus and Jadli
    I have to do little change on the tga without mess with scripts and other stuff.
    Maybe i will use the IWTE for change the tga and rewrite manually the position on descr_strat of the settlement.

There are other files that get change in geomod when you move a character and a settlement?

I was thinking to use the TWMapReader to spot problems if the tools work and updated..

Blog Entries

Moving positions of characters only takes place in descr_strat, moving settlements only affects map_regions (is only done in that file). No other files are involved.

nadalio's Avatar Civis

Moving positions of characters only takes place in descr_strat, moving settlements only affects map_regions (is only done in that file). No other files are involved.
    That's a very good news!
    So, i can only edit the various map.tga in IWTE and save. After that put the same coordinates for the character in the descr_strat.

thanks Gig

Blog Entries

You're welcome, good luck with your mod.