Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

glad to help gig
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

This is probably not the place to ask this, but I hope you have an answer, Gigantus. I am making my custom battles on the battle editor in the mod, and I ensure everything is done, victory conditions are set, both alliances have a general, an army, a correct starting position, no errors are given to me when I save the game. I go to start the custom historical battle and it loads for a good few seconds, then sends me back to the historical battle selection place. What am I doing wrong?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I am afraid my knowledge about creating custom battles is limited, but a crash to menu in the regular game indicates a problem in descr_strat - in your case it could be a problem with the set up of your battle. Check the log if something is mentioned.

Hmm okay, I'll figure something out. Thanks.

16:54:01.167 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1, column 1
    Couldn't find region name '' in stringtable

great now I got this somehow.

Blog Entries

This means that the name of a region is not in the data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names file. Seeing that it refer's 'line 1, column 1' of the descr_region file there is a good chance that the descr_regions file is corrupt.

What text editor are you using to work with TXT files?

notepad

Blog Entries

Notepad is fine. It could have been saved in the wrong format. Open descr_regions.txt with Notepad, then use 'save as' and check the 'encoding' setting at the bottom right, it has to be ANSI. Then save.

Do the same for the imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt file, the encoding has to be 'UTF-8 with BOM' (only txt files in the data\text folder use this format, all others use ANSI). The file also requires a special symbol in the first line: ¬

Thank you, it worked!
    I don't know how it... changed the format. Oh well

Blog Entries

Glad you got it sorted out.

Hey Gigantus, me again. No problems so far again, and I know you don't have it, but do you perhaps know a good mod or method to edit the Rome Total War campaign map? Just like what we can do here with Geomod

Hi, hopefully someone here can help me out, i've been trying to use geomod with Rule Brittania v1.5 to tweak some of the settlement locations on the campaign map... Nothing major, i'd like to add in a new region/settlement or 2 (Berwick for example) but i really want to just re position some of the settlements so that they reflect their real world locations... Belfast settlement has been located in a very odd place and it's the small details like this that are niggling at me!

I was able to move Omagh settlement (this will be renamed Enniskillen) one click to the west, relocated the resident character to that spot too, have validated, saved, ran the debugger, saved again and it's all good, so i start the game to check that my changes have taken place and indeed they have.

So back to geomod again to make more changes but something's not right, i'm either getting CTD or being thrown back to the Rule Brittania main menu screen after i've selected a faction (after a 4-5min wait)... What am i doing wrong??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Griggs305 View Post
    Hey Gigantus, me again. No problems so far again, and I know you don't have it, but do you perhaps know a good mod or method to edit the Rome Total War campaign map? Just like what we can do here with Geomod
    There are several map tutorials linked in my signature which mostly work the same a s in M2TW. I am not aware that there is a tool similar to Geomod for RTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingchild View Post
    Hi, hopefully someone here can help me out, i've been trying to use geomod with Rule Brittania v1.5 to tweak some of the settlement locations on the campaign map... Nothing major, i'd like to add in a new region/settlement or 2 (Berwick for example) but i really want to just re position some of the settlements so that they reflect their real world locations... Belfast settlement has been located in a very odd place and it's the small details like this that are niggling at me!

I was able to move Omagh settlement (this will be renamed Enniskillen) one click to the west, relocated the resident character to that spot too, have validated, saved, ran the debugger, saved again and it's all good, so i start the game to check that my changes have taken place and indeed they have.

So back to geomod again to make more changes but something's not right, i'm either getting CTD or being thrown back to the Rule Brittania main menu screen after i've selected a faction (after a 4-5min wait)... What am i doing wrong??
    That's where your log will be helpful - a crash to menu is usually descr_strat related and some details will be available in the log. A crash to desktop might not have sufficient details in the log, that's when it helps to test after small changes to be able to review\reverse changes that were made.
    When moving things on the map with the tool it is advisable to have all display options switched on (port\features\characters\resources) to avoid invalid placements.

Thanks, Gig. One more thing, how do I decide which town is my capital? Because... For example, I'm playing as the Byzantine Empire, and I created Sebastopolis in the Southern part of the Crimean peninsula. Every time I start the game, the camera spawns right on focus on that city. It's my capital at the start of the game. Why is that? Can I change it? I mean, in Geomod. I know I can change it in-game but that's just a little thing I noticed.
    Last edited by Griggs305; October 22, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

Blog Entries

In Bare Geomod the settlement at the top of the region list for that faction will become the capital. To avoid issues like yours simply move your intended capital all the way to the top in the list by selecting it and using the arrow keys.

God bless you Gig. Thank you! We always learn something everyday!

Blog Entries

Hey Gigantus, is there a cap on how many regions you can add? I crash every time I add one more region, no matter where or how I make it, crashes instantly when I start a new campaign after the faction selection. When I go back and delete the new region (no matter which new one I add) is working again on a new game.

Blog Entries

You may have missed to 'validate' your entries. The default campaign uses 114 of 200 available region entries (112 actual regions plus two water regions) so you have plenty to work with. In my Geomod manual I suggest to enable 'feature' and 'resource' display, if memory serves, that will help avoid invalid placements of settlements and ports.

If you do stuff manually then yo need to delete the map.rwm file to generate an updated map, else the new descr_strat entry will not find the required new region and the game will crash.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 11, 2019 at 09:53 PM.

Okay, yeah I guess I reached the limit. 200 settlements XD I made so many in the past 2 years having this mod.
    Anyway, how do I make a custom campaign? Like how Japan and India are there. I so far just have 2 copies of the base bare geomod folders, one where I edited the base campaign, and the other where I remade the whole map with an island with just Byzantium in it. It's kind of a mini campaign I'd like to add to the custom campaign list so I don't have to swap entire folders to just play either one at a time. I tried to replicate the format the india and japan campaigns have in their folders, but no matter what, it crashes when I want to play specifically the one I tried to add. Something I'm doing wrong? All txt file names, map_fe, radar, etc. are all there. Unless I'm not "supposed" to do that, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work XD