Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: Creating a World - Bare Geomod

That's it! Excellent. I must have based my mod on an older version of the Bare Geomod. I seem to have it in some of my older mods as well that predate your fix.

The missile stance was already working. It's just that my reinforcing army didn't have any missile units.

Thanks for the help! The search function on this site really got me nowhere. :/

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Glad it worked out for you.

I use google and specify the site, example: missing reinforcement portrait site:twcenter.net - my tutorial is the second hit

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

I usually do that too. Don't know why I didn't do it this time.

Blog Entries

We all have our moments of weakness

Blog Entries

Update

2.1.05 - kingdoms only
    - forces vsync setting to slow down campaign map scrolling
    - added kingdoms version of descr_cursor_actions_battle_classic.txt

Gigantus... how do i put in the coordinates if I want to make the city of Calais on land rather than on the sea? I can't put in the coordinates and it is frustrating me. Please help me?

Blog Entries

The procedure is described in the manual - start at page 16

Blog Entries

UPDATE

2.1.06 - kingdoms only
    - - added affinity setting to batch file command to better support single core use

Blog Entries

UPDATE

2.1.07 - kingdoms only
    - corrected entry and provided movie for 'Jihad called' event

Background: when I took the descr_event_images file all those years ago from the americas campaign (yes\no event issue) I did not realize that the jihaad_called event had now a movie entry, in particular the warpath one as americas uses the jihaad mechanic for the native indians.

The event now uses the first_jihaad movie from the crusades, the movie itself included in the download, increasing the download size from 13MB to 31MB.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 03, 2020 at 10:27 PM.

Im curious if you are aware of a bug in vanilla and if your mod fixes it and/or you plan on implementing a fix for it in the future.

the +1 and +2 experience from a Jousting List and Tourney Field does not apply to your knights (english knights, feudal knights, mailed knights, etc..) either when you train them or retrain them. same for the Woodsman Guild doesn't apply; +1 exp to archers.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...l-war/45393025

>Yea...as heatsinkz says, it is a bug. But I've found that you don't actually have to exit the game and reload to get around it. Just make sure you do everything you want to do before the end of the turn. Then, just before ending the turn, save, THEN go around and que up your units for retraining or recruiting, THEN end the turn. Works for me everytime.

>
    It seems like if you load a game with any units in queue, they will not receive any bonuses if you end your turn. What seems to work for me is if I load a game where units are queued is to just remove the units from the training queue, then just adding them again.

i think the bug as this person stated is, when you load a game with any units in queue and end your turn, you won't receive the exp point from structures that give exp points.
    i tested it myself and it seems to be the case. armor and weapons (swordsmith guild) works just fine though. the only workaround is to remove it from queue and just add it again.

Blog Entries

Retraining can be buggy. I have had instances where I retrained a unit three times to get a bonus applied, but it could well be that I had them queued.

Looking at your post the simplest solution would be not to queue units that need bonus retraining - simple retraining (replenishment) appears to be working according to your observation. There certainly isn't anything else that could be done that I am aware of.

wish there was a simple fix, but i could work w/the workaround. i don't have to check towns/cities since they can't make knights and only peasant archers; just castles.

i've also noticed that when the exp for archers units goes up, it increases their melee attack and not their missile attack; this seems unintended.

Blog Entries

Missile attack value would increase with a weapons bonus.
    Experience is a melee attack\defense bonus if memory serves. It also increases the rout resistance.

exp only grants an melee attack bonus and no defense bonus, at the very least for vanilla; i checked. didn't know about rout resistance though; that's pretty neat.

Laetus

Please help an 62 year old who all this is GREEK. Just say download x to x file its here. Make it like you are telling a 8 year old. No an eight year old would know more. lol You helped me once and it has been running for years perfectly. I had to restore my computer due to a graphics card melt down. I really want to play again BADLY. I have Bare geomod and geomod loaded but dont know where to put them what to do with them. PLEASE HELP! what is Python dont remember that but you could have had me install that also earlier. TY in advance for your help I am 100% disabled and this game is alot of my entertainment. Brad/mug59

Blog Entries

You first need to have Medieval II Total War installed.
    Then you can download and install Bare Geomod without problem - run the file (double click) and after that all you have to do is to click 'next'
    Python is only needed if you work with tools, here is the version that is needed:
    Make sure you have a Python version less then 2.7 installed, else install from the applicable download link
    Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 'regular' operating system
    Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.6.6) - for 64 bit operating system

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Retraining can be buggy. I have had instances where I retrained a unit three times to get a bonus applied, but it could well be that I had them queued.

Looking at your post the simplest solution would be not to queue units that need bonus retraining - simple retraining (replenishment) appears to be working according to your observation. There certainly isn't anything else that could be done that I am aware of.
    If you want expbonus
    simply adding a recrutepool for that
    recruit_pool "unit" 0 0.01 0 2 requires factions { faction, }
    to give units expbonus upon recut and retraining
    you would need to add that to every unit wicht is to recive the bonus

Blog Entries

Minor Update:

2.1.08 - kingdoms only
    - added descr_shortcut.txt to support this tutorial

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

hi Gigantus,
    if i want to test my change on the campaign map with Bare_kingodoms of a mod like PCP, i should copy/paste all the needed files listed in the manual?
    what are the essential file to make test on the campaign and the settlements?

Blog Entries

Yes, the essential files that are listed in the manual need to be copied over from your mod. If a file is not available in your mod then don't worry - that will be a default file.

The list also marks the files that are edited by the tool, here it depends what you actually did. Have you only renamed a settlement? Did you change it's position? Did you work on any of the map files or map_regions?
    Safest bet is to copy all edited files back, except the historic_events one.

But then you could simply make a back up of your world and text directory and work directly in your mod.