Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.1 version

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.1 version

If I may be so bold. After reading the back and forth between you two. It seems like uanime is saying that you need to change the export_descr_unit file in just the campaign subfolders, not the mods>conquest>data folder itself. Reason being that when you run the .bat file it will copy over all the necessary content from the subfolders, anyway. Whereas it sounds like you were copying and pasting over the existing export_descr_unit file into the subfolders and then copying the same file into the data folder by yourself. Though I could have misunderstood the both of you, lol
    Last edited by kdub22; October 31, 2010 at 03:51 PM.

I didn't take a screenshot of it earlier. But while I was playing the Empire/1547 campaign as the Mughal Empire, while battling against the Suri Dynasty, I noticed that their Bodyguard unit casts a shadow, but is otherwise totally invisible.
    Also, I was wondering if there was something I could do to make enemy generals just as vulnerable in combat as my own generals are when playing it in hard and very hard. I mean I realise that its supposed to be challenging. But when your enemy general has about 6-10 hit points and yours has somehwere around -65, it can be a bit ridiculous.

Default Dying Nations on each era

Everytime I play any of the eras mod some nation dies on the second turn and I dont mean a minor nation like I mean the 950A.D Holy roman empire, 1500 A.D teutonic order, Empires prussia, Empires tibet, 1080 A.D venice

ah sorry i wrote my problem in the wrong thread.-.-
    Last edited by Alexios Comnenos; February 12, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

This was taken from a battle that I was having in southern Arabia. But there's greenery in every direction as far as you can see.

On another note. Is there something I can do to change all the "Asian" settlements to look like Middle Eastern ones? I realise that the vanilla game was never made to encompass Central and East Asia, so you had to use Mesoamerican settlements, instead. But I'd find it easier to buy if they were just living in regular looking buildings without gigantic Incan and Aztec temples. Or would there also be some sort of problem regarding land textures (eg. might be laying siege to a city in China, but the city is still in the desert on the battle map)?

Edit: This second screenshot is from the Al Jaleel/Akka Region on 1453 World Map.

2nd Edit: Also, when I try to run the E/1400 Campaign, it CTDs before it even shows the title screen.
    Last edited by kdub22; February 16, 2011 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored1812 View Post
    Everytime I play any of the eras mod some nation dies on the second turn and I dont mean a minor nation like I mean the 950A.D Holy roman empire, 1500 A.D teutonic order, Empires prussia, Empires tibet, 1080 A.D venice
    This happens if you have the 1.3 version of Kingdoms, try upgrading to the 1.5 version.

Quote Originally Posted by kdub22 View Post
    This was taken from a battle that I was having in southern Arabia. But there's greenery in every direction as far as you can see.

On another note. Is there something I can do to change all the "Asian" settlements to look like Middle Eastern ones? I realise that the vanilla game was never made to encompass Central and East Asia, so you had to use Mesoamerican settlements, instead. But I'd find it easier to buy if they were just living in regular looking buildings without gigantic Incan and Aztec temples. Or would there also be some sort of problem regarding land textures (eg. might be laying siege to a city in China, but the city is still in the desert on the battle map)?

Edit: This second screenshot is from the Al Jaleel/Akka Region on 1453 World Map.

2nd Edit: Also, when I try to run the E/1400 Campaign, it CTDs before it even shows the title screen.
    I'm not sure why the terrain is like this. I don't know how M2TW assigns battle map terrain.

Regarding the asian settlements I don't know how to change them as there isn't a file that control which culture uses which settlement. You don't need to worry about China as I use different cultures for East Asia, and Central Asia and India which is why they have different UIs.

The easiest way to change the Central Asian and India buildings would be to unpack the vanilla 'data\settlements' folder, make a copy of the 'data\settlements\middle_east' folder, rename this folder 'asian' (without the quote marks), and move the asian folder to the 'mods\conquest\data\settlements' folder. This would ensure the 'asian' culture only used middle eastern buildings.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Alright. I'll give it a shot later. Thanks for the reply.

I just had a look and the vanilla version does not appear to have a "settlements" folder. I've got a few different mods/builds installed to separate directories and it seems only the ones with mods already installed have a settlements folder.
    Also, I'm sure I've seen Mesoamerican buildings when laying siege in China and South East Asia.

The vanilla M2TW only has a few unpacked folders. The rest are in the pack files, which you need to unpack. I'd recommend unpacking them to a separate folder so you don't mix up the files M2TW needs and the ones it doesn't.

Every time I try to play crusade or any other on it goes to Mongolian invasion help please ?

There it is what should I do ?

my mod just start the 1547 campaign, could it be so because I started the mod the first time with that mod. Maybe I just need to restart my computer?

Please Help!

because when you click the bat file you need to choose your campaign...
    if you want to choose just press other number instead of 0 (0 is to continue on the previous)

But I click on other numbers and letters but it starts the 1547 campaign all the time.

If you're using Windows 7 you need to follow this guide or you won't be able to change campaigns.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=321237

I download 2.3 tried to play 2.3 and it received an error and i checked the logs and looks like im missing alot of things.

I'd recommend downloading the 2.3.3 patch as this fixes the Russian units that cause this mod to crash during battle. It can be downloaded from either of these websites:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PCKKIGV
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u4n798emznktn6i

To install download the Conquest patch 2.3.3.exe and unpack it in your 'Medieval II Total War' folder. The default location of the 'Medieval II Total War' folder is 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War'. Overwrite the existing files.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

The mod runs fine. But when I start a new campaign, my UI is very screwy. The UI is all white, and some buttons don't work (like the exit game button.)
    I am using the Empires campaign, Windows 7 with Gold Edition. My error log is to long to post, so I will post the important part.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16:27:04.400 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:27:04.435 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    16:27:04.436 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    16:27:04.436 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:27:04.437 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:27:08.910 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    16:27:08.949 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    16:27:08.959 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    16:27:09.029 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    16:27:09.029 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    16:27:09.034 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    16:27:09.034 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    16:27:09.034 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    16:27:09.034 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    16:27:09.034 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    16:27:09.035 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    16:27:09.817 [system.io] [warning] open: data/ui/shared.sd.xml is missing
    16:27:09.817 [data.missing] [error] mods/conquest/data/ui/shared.sdfile not found
    16:27:09.818 [system.io] [warning] open: data/ui/battle.sd.xml is missing
    16:27:09.819 [data.missing] [error] mods/conquest/data/ui/battle.sdfile not found
    16:27:09.820 [system.io] [warning] open: data/ui/strategy.sd.xml is missing
    16:27:09.820 [data.missing] [error] mods/conquest/data/ui/strategy.sdfile not found
    16:27:16.394 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 444, column 44
    Building level name c_small_masjid not found as a level in building database
    16:27:16.394 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 456, column 44
    Building level name c_masjid not found as a level in building database
    16:27:16.521 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.524 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.526 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.527 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.529 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.531 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/generals/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.532 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.535 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.537 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.537 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.540 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.545 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.547 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.549 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.550 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.554 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.556 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.556 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.559 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.561 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.562 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.565 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.567 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.567 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.570 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.572 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/northern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.591 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.594 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.599 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.602 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.611 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.614 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.617 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.620 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.623 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.626 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.629 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.631 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.639 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.642 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.644 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.647 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.651 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.654 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.657 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.660 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.662 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.665 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.667 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.670 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.672 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.675 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.690 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.692 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.704 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.707 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.709 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.711 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.713 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.715 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.723 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.724 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.728 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.729 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.730 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.731 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.732 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.733 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.774 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/chinese/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.777 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/chinese/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.780 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/chinese/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.783 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/chinese/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.786 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/chinese/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:27:16.789 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/chinese/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists

I am using the Vista .bat should I try XP?

Did anyone have problems with the music in the campaigns? The mod runs very well, but all I have are sounds of my general and my armies

This is an old version of Conquest, so hopefully you can try a newer version and maybe your issues are solved.