Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.1 version

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.1 version

Where are the missing ancillaries?
    I cannot see the attachment!

Seems like a very cool mod! Weird i didn't notice it before now..

Although i have a problem.. I'm playing the campaign where the whole world is there etc, as the HRE.

I attacked Copenhagen and went with a battering ram to destroy their gate.. In the moment it was destroyed (when that cutscene plays) the game froze.. Nothing happens.. Not a "not responding" or anything.. The game just froze..

I guess this is the error log:
    http://localhostr.com/files/504050/system.log.txt

first of all: good job on such an excellent mod!

However I do experience a rather annoying bug that happens pritty much every turn.

Everytime I play new age or renaisance the game kicks me out after clicking on a unit to view their description. In general when I click to view the description nothing happens, but once every while the game kicks me. It does happen pritty much every turn tho. i kinda click to view the desc 5-10 times per turn.

I reinstalled med2 kingdoms (only teutonic) and installed the 2.1 version of Eras. I have no problems playing on the world campaign, other then the slow loading becaus eof the massive number of armies.

Edit: It just happened during my world campaign aswell. I think it has something to do with european factions, since I did not have any problems with japan, thailand and tibet. So far the factions where this problem appeared was Papal states and the Byzantium empire.

Here is the log:
    Last edited by Rexmundi; September 11, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I've created the missing ancillaries and attached them to this post. Hopefully this will fix the problem. To install this patch download the ui.rar, unpack it, and put the ui folder in the mods\conquest\data folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data').
    I cannot see the attachment in this post!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman81 View Post
    I cannot see the attachment!
    Sorry I forgot to upload them. They're attached to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by YourKaiser View Post
    Seems like a very cool mod! Weird i didn't notice it before now..

Although i have a problem.. I'm playing the campaign where the whole world is there etc, as the HRE.

I attacked Copenhagen and went with a battering ram to destroy their gate.. In the moment it was destroyed (when that cutscene plays) the game froze.. Nothing happens.. Not a "not responding" or anything.. The game just froze..

I guess this is the error log:
    http://localhostr.com/files/504050/system.log.txt
    Not why this happened. Battle crashes are hard to diagnose because the error log doesn't record what happens in a battle. I'll test it out and see if I can cause the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexmundi View Post
    first of all: good job on such an excellent mod!

However I do experience a rather annoying bug that happens pritty much every turn.

Everytime I play new age or renaisance the game kicks me out after clicking on a unit to view their description. In general when I click to view the description nothing happens, but once every while the game kicks me. It does happen pritty much every turn tho. i kinda click to view the desc 5-10 times per turn.

I reinstalled med2 kingdoms (only teutonic) and installed the 2.1 version of Eras. I have no problems playing on the world campaign, other then the slow loading becaus eof the massive number of armies.

Edit: It just happened during my world campaign aswell. I think it has something to do with european factions, since I did not have any problems with japan, thailand and tibet. So far the factions where this problem appeared was Papal states and the Byzantium empire.

Here is the log:
    I have the same problem with being kicked out after reading a description but haven't been able to determine why. It seems that some units, such as Feudal Knights, are more likely to cause a crash than others but the reason for this is unknown.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

It might have been a one time thing, who knows..

Thanks @uanime5!
    For now, it's working just fine.

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by risker View Post
    15:52:02.805 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing
    15:52:03.568 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

These are the lines I get. Installed 1547. Didn't resolve the problem.

Solution?
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

Hello Uanime5

Really good mod and idea,wish you the best luck in the future whit this.

1) What Campaign you were playing.
    -I play the 1400,Bosnian campaign.
    2) What the problem is.
    -I click the next turn button and all goes well before it comes to the France fraction,the game(display) just froze than on this point.I have than to open the task manager to quiet the game.
    3) What you were trying to do or the AI was doing when the problem occurred.
    -Just clicked on the next turn button.The turn freezes at the France fraction.
    4) An error log.
    -Attached.

I hope its fixable.

Sorry I forgot to upload them. They're attached to this post.
    It seems that the game crashes always when I am making the siege of town of Sisak (Sisak region), when I want to go to the battle map it crashes.

Error log :
    Last edited by sportsman81; September 18, 2010 at 04:42 PM.

There is another CTD while I am making the siege of Pecs and when I want to go to battle map it crashes the same as before.

Error log:

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I can't download the entier 2.0+2.1 in one download, because it stops some where around 70%. I suggest breaking it up. I can however download 2.0 successfully. I have played earlier versions before 2.1 before, so that is not really the problem.

The second issue is with 2.1 patch, I can' extract it. It tells me about coat of arms in the data\ui\ancillaries
    Code:
    Extracting ui\ancillaries\coat of arms.jpg Unknown compression method
    ^This is the error I get in Winzip when trying to extract the eniter file or just parts of it. I'm not sure which way to take this.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

@Sivilombudsmannen

I concur....I would also add that maybe a break-up into three separete mods might help improve the mod's stability
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Quote Originally Posted by risker View Post
    Solution?
    After some testing I found that this error is caused when an officer in a group of soldiers is incorrect. Unfortunately M2TW won't tell me which officer is causing the problem so I need to know all the units that were taking part in the battle and which factions were using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    Hello Uanime5

Really good mod and idea,wish you the best luck in the future whit this.

1) What Campaign you were playing.
    -I play the 1400,Bosnian campaign.
    2) What the problem is.
    -I click the next turn button and all goes well before it comes to the France fraction,the game(display) just froze than on this point.I have than to open the task manager to quiet the game.
    3) What you were trying to do or the AI was doing when the problem occurred.
    -Just clicked on the next turn button.The turn freezes at the France fraction.
    4) An error log.
    -Attached.

I hope its fixable.
    The lasting thing in the error log is that it's making France's allies like France more. Does France have a lot of allies?

It seems that the game crashes always when I am making the siege of town of Sisak (Sisak region), when I want to go to the battle map it crashes.

Error log :
    There is another CTD while I am making the siege of Pecs and when I want to go to battle map it crashes the same as before.

Error log:
    Sportsman both the error logs you uploaded are identical and both are caused by the same missing ancillaries as the previous error logs you uploaded. Are you uploading error logs from the 'Medieval II Total War' folder or the 'Medieval II Total War/logs' folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Sivilombudsmannen View Post
    I can't download the entier 2.0+2.1 in one download, because it stops some where around 70%. I suggest breaking it up. I can however download 2.0 successfully. I have played earlier versions before 2.1 before, so that is not really the problem.

The second issue is with 2.1 patch, I can' extract it. It tells me about coat of arms in the data\ui\ancillaries
    Code:
    Extracting ui\ancillaries\coat of arms.jpg Unknown compression method
    ^This is the error I get in Winzip when trying to extract the eniter file or just parts of it. I'm not sure which way to take this.

~Wille
    Have you tried using download manager to download the 2.0+2.1 version. Alternatively you could download the 2.0 version that is in 3 parts, then download the 2.1 patch.

Just skip the coat of arms.jpg as all the images you need are tgas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    @Sivilombudsmannen

I concur....I would also add that maybe a break-up into three separete mods might help improve the mod's stability
    That won't have any effect on the mod's stability and will just make it harder for me to update the mod. If you wish to turn this mod into 3 mods go ahead but you'll soon find just how difficult that is.

Hey, I really want to play this mod but but it keeps crashing. I can select the campaign and copy the files fine but when the campaign loads it will CTD. Any help would be appreciated, couldn't figure out how to attach a file because I am a tard so I copy/pasted. That is the whole log too. If someone could tell me how to attach a file that would also be appreciated.

16:27:26.431 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:27:26.432 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    16:27:26.440 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:27:26.441 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:27:26.444 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:27:26.446 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:27:26.447 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:27:26.448 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:27:26.763 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:27:26.766 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    16:27:26.768 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:27:26.769 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:27:30.400 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    16:27:30.405 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    16:27:30.410 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    16:27:30.433 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    16:27:30.433 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    16:27:30.437 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    16:27:30.965 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 1852, column 1
    Expected 'display'
    16:27:31.828 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Have you tried using download manager to download the 2.0+2.1 version.
    Yes, but it didn't work. The downloader stopeed at about 70-80%.

Alternatively you could download the 2.0 version that is in 3 parts, then download the 2.1 patch

Just skip the coat of arms.jpg as all the images you need are tgas. .
    I tried this. I got the 2.0 version from before allready downloaded. The problem is to extract the 2.1 patch. I doesn't allow me to extract any of the files, when coat of arms.jpg is broken. Sort of wierd that way, but I don't think it's that uncommen.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Hey I'm having some problems playing the mod.I downloaded and installed the mod,patch,and the RAR file for the patch.But when I try to play any of the mods several files are not copied and when I try to click on a faction symbol the mod crashes and it says "Medieval 2 Total War encountered a unspecified error and will now exit."
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I found two texture errors:

1) The Yumitori face textures are missing.

2) Some of the Streltsy units have textureless axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer10 View Post
    Hey, I really want to play this mod but but it keeps crashing. I can select the campaign and copy the files fine but when the campaign loads it will CTD. Any help would be appreciated, couldn't figure out how to attach a file because I am a tard so I copy/pasted. That is the whole log too. If someone could tell me how to attach a file that would also be appreciated.

16:27:26.431 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:27:26.432 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    16:27:26.440 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:27:26.441 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:27:26.444 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:27:26.446 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:27:26.447 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:27:26.448 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:27:26.763 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:27:26.766 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    16:27:26.768 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:27:26.769 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:27:30.400 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    16:27:30.405 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    16:27:30.410 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    16:27:30.433 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    16:27:30.433 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    16:27:30.437 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    16:27:30.438 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    16:27:30.439 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    16:27:30.965 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 1852, column 1
    Expected 'display'
    16:27:31.828 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Are you trying to using the vanilla M2TW to play a Kingdoms mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivilombudsmannen View Post
    Yes, but it didn't work. The downloader stopeed at about 70-80%.

I tried this. I got the 2.0 version from before allready downloaded. The problem is to extract the 2.1 patch. I doesn't allow me to extract any of the files, when coat of arms.jpg is broken. Sort of wierd that way, but I don't think it's that uncommen.

~Wille
    I've uploaded a version of the 2.1 patch without this file. Hopefully it will unpack correctly:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CAZQ2WI3

Quote Originally Posted by Tay111 View Post
    Hey I'm having some problems playing the mod.I downloaded and installed the mod,patch,and the RAR file for the patch.But when I try to play any of the mods several files are not copied and when I try to click on a faction symbol the mod crashes and it says "Medieval 2 Total War encountered a unspecified error and will now exit."
    Without an error log I can't tell why the mod is crashing. The first post explains where they are and how to attach them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I found two texture errors:

1) The Yumitori face textures are missing.

2) Some of the Streltsy units have textureless axes.
    Okay I'll try to fix this as soon as I can.

Sportsman both the error logs you uploaded are identical and both are caused by the same missing ancillaries as the previous error logs you uploaded. Are you uploading error logs from the 'Medieval II Total War' folder or the 'Medieval II Total War/logs' folder?
    I was uploading error logs only from "Medieval II Total War" folder. I would upload now new error log from "Medieval II Total War/logs" folder but I cannot upload it as "txt" attachment 'cause it's over 1MB. How can I upload it in different way?