CONSVLES
    L. DRVSVS SCIPIO - MARCVS AELIVS VETVS

PRAETOR
    LVCIVS ARTORIVS CATO

TRIBVNVS
    MARCVS PRIMITVS

QVAESTOR
    SPVRIVS HORATIVS LURCO
    Last edited by Winter; April 28, 2010 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Default Re: Curia Hostilia, Consulate of Drusus/Vetus

The consul of now three terms enters the Curia followed by twelve lictors. Oh, the fastes. How he missed them.

Senators, I will begin by making an immediate report on the military condition of the eastern section of the Republic, specifically Macedon and lower Italy. I request that my colleague does the same for the west. It is essential that the command in Macedon be restored and reinforcements sent to the east as needed. I will also request that the Proconsul of Sicily update the senate with both the economic and martial status of that province.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Decius stands up from his seat in the curia, he may not see it in a while - Finally the senate has acknowledged my capabilities - thought Decius " I too shall leave to commence the report in Spain, I shall begin the stabilization and romanization of the iberian peninsula, by the will of the gods the enemy in spain will either back down on there ambitions or fall upon my sword"

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Scipio, as the current leader of the Macedonian legions I rather think it's better that I do the eastern report.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Of course. That is just as well, I can make a report on the condition in Italy.

Lentulus arrived back in Rome. He would be there for a total of 3 days to soak in all the events that have occurred in his absence before making his way off to the newly found province of Sicily
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Cato strode into the Senate hall looking more flustered than his usual distant self. He paused in the middle of the room, taking advantage of a break in proceedings, to address the house.

"Greetings, Senators. I apologise for my late return from the frontier. I will give you my findings at a later session, but I am back and ready to begin my duties as Praetor. May I also congratulate our new Consuls, Drusus and Vetus, as well as all the other magistrates. Let us make it a productive term."
    Senator Lucius Artorius Cato (34)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Indeed. Let us hear from the Quaestor so that this term may begin properly, as well from the Consuls on the current military situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Birderer View Post
    Guys massive apologies my laptop charger has broke so that's unusable at the minute, also the computer I'm on is not good enough to run RTW to put the cherry on top the internet is playing about so activity will drop as well. Sorry about this but I'm lucky to tell you so early the way my internet's been.
    That's the only thing Quaestor has to report I'm afraid, this was posted in the OOC thread 4 days ago i was hoping someone had taken notice
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

OOC: i will make the quaestor report then, just tell me which is the most recent save.

Where is the quaestor with his report? It has weeks! Our entire process is mired down without it! Will someone with the monetary prudence make the report?

ooc: it should be the latest one that apple posted since Ponti can't download from TWC for some reason

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

OOC: dont get you panties in a knot man! ok im on it.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I would note that we need to immediately see to it that the tribuneship is filled. Would anyone here care to put their name before the Plebeian assembly?

There seems to be fewer and fewer Plebeians willing to step up to this task. They have been cowed, especially in light of the past two years. Perhaps you would want the position?

Crusades

I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I would step forward, were it not for the fact that I still hold the Censorship. Surely there must be someone amongst us who would fulfill the role of Tribune?

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

The Plebian Marcus Primitus enters the curia and nervously sits down at the back of the chamber.

ooc; i can take the tribunate if needed to.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

ooc: Good, its yours.

It's been another week, where is the quaestor report? We have little knowledge of what is going on even in our doorsteps, how are we supposed to direct the Republic?

Crusades

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

August body, i hesitate to make this my first address to you. But i feel i must speak out. Where is the discussions? where are the reports? where are the disicions for the betterment of Roma?

Senators, the curia is half empty. I do not wish to create a stir, but you do not serve the people as non attendes. There is a man over there asleep for Gods sake. I am a tribune of the people. Do not force me to take this dreadful state of affairs to the people. It would cause strife that i ill wish, but if it wakes this body up then it would be worth it.

Senators, I emplore thee, stand up and serve roma

The doors were opened and in hobbled an unrecognisable figure, bent over a stick to halt himself from falling came Spurius Horatius Lurco much thinner than he had been in the past twenty years of his life, he made it to the middle of the hall and opened his mouth to speak, only a spluttering sound came out. Gesturing a slave ran forward and passed a waterskin to him which he drank from heavily. His voice came out now but it was really only a croak.

Salve, most noble body I apologise for my absence as you can see Fortuna has deserted me for the time being as it would appear many of our members have deserted these halls. Is the enemy at our gates? I have yet to receive word on the Consuls reports or anything for that matter. This is a husk of its former glory it must be returned! Lurco hunched over as an onset of coughing struck him again and the slave came over once more.

Here is my report which I am sure you have been eagerly awaiting;

As you can see we still have an ample supply of money to last throughout this but I feel that we should have a backup supply in case of emergency. I would recommend the supply to be 75, 000 Denarii leaving us with a total of 100, 976 to spend as we see fit. Due to our military situation I feel that advancements in troop supply is essential in Macedonia as Spain at this time cannot take any further advancements.

Due to our situation in Spain I feel that the God of War feels insulted to place us in such dire straits I hereby recommend the building of a temple to him in Carthago Nova, this will cost 1875 Denarii.

Looking towards the east I would have us increase our naval ability by implementing a shipwright in Apollonia, If we ever plan to dominate the seas we must be able to produce large quantities of substantial vessels this would cost 12000 Denarii.

I would seek to further strengthen our economy and put to work many of the slaves captured by the Consuls, I would have us take advantage of the rich minerals around Capua by building open pit mines for 20000 Denarii.

Futher in the spirit of advancing the economy I advise the implementation of crop rotation in Cannae for 12000 Denarii.

In the North I would have a Magistrates Villa placed in Mediolanon in order to make governing that place a more attractive prospect to those who are able, this would cost 5000 and in Patavium there is a need for simple roads to encourage trade, I further ask a shrine to be built to Jupiter Optimus Maximus so that his good will strengthens our hold in the North
    these two developments would cost 7500.

I would finally build a shipwright at Arretium, if we are to assault Carthage or send more troops to Spain it is imperative that they are in the safer ships that these buildings can provide. Finally, I would ask that land clearance is put into place in Genoa bolstering our economy and improving the lives of those who live there this would cost 5000 Denarii and the shipwright a further 12000.

The grand total of my developments will come to 75375 Denarii.

A scroll is passed round which showed the details of the report.

Developments

Carthago Nova- Shrine to Mars 1875

Apollonia- Shipwright 12000

Capua- Open Pit Mines 20000

Mediolanon- Governor's Villa 5000

Patavium- Roads and a Shrine to Jupiter Optimus Maximus (2500 + 5000) 7500

Genoa- Land Clearance 5000

Arretium- Shipwright 12000

Cannae- Crop Rotation 12000

Total: 75375 Denarii
    Lurco hobbled from the center of the room and seated himself high in the room dabbing at his sweat soaked face with a cloth, the speech had been hard for him.
    Last edited by Crozimodo; May 01, 2010 at 12:07 PM.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast