Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Town and Castle RozMod for SS6.3 Beta released

Default Re: The Roz Mod for Stainless Steel 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia Auxilia View Post
    I have got the TM5. I am messing up with the files.
    I know where I have to place the txt.files but what about various file types, TEXTURE files, WORLD files, WORLDCOLLISION files. Where should I place them.
    Just look at the folders that the files come in in the dowload, the contents go into the the ones named the same in the folders of 6.3
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 23, 2010 at 11:47 PM.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Oh!
    I was using another computer and after downloading the zip, I open up the archive and found only files not folders.
    So I tried it at home and found the folders.
    Anyway thank you, stevehoos and Rozanov for his mod.
    +rep
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

The building browser only shows CITY tab and not caslte. Roz, tell me how to fix it coz you are the modder.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

yes I noticed the browser thing myself - as it's intended for the city only version -
    I'll have to go back and find out what file I changed 9 months ago to do that.
    here you go:

open descr_campaign_db.xml and change the line:

<show_building_browser_castles bool="false"/> <!-- are castles shown in the building browser -->

to

<show_building_browser_castles bool="true"/> <!-- are castles shown in the building browser -->
    --------------------

re region ownership changes - I'm thinking removing Cumans from Yelabuga, Bulgar, Kazan - which leaves a rather large whole in the north-east corner of the map.
    maybe give them Astrakhan and Azaq as well as Oleshe
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 24, 2010 at 04:53 AM.

Hey, Roz, I am trying to get rid of the settlement castle forts ie, the forts that are originally settlement castles, fortresses and citadels.
    Can you list me the Castle forts?
    Well, I guess some fort folders in SETTLEMENTS folder with byte-sized are castle forts and megabyte-sized are real small stone forts that you take from Kingdoms.
    On searching around the mods folder, I found holyr_fort_b fort file in Teutonic Campaign. Is it a holy roman empire fort or something? Anyway, it isn't included in your forts. So after recognizing what are real forts and what are settlement castles made into forts, I may re-edit the region section in descr_strat, and may I get all the stone forts after that or may I have to delete map.rvm (not sure about the extension) to save my edit and start a new campaign.

Thx for your guide again. Roz.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

IA - as a rule delete map.rwm after making changes to descr_strat.

Thx again.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

oh - and keep a copy of the descr_strat you're changing before you change it, in case there's a problem
    (like I have with my latest version - I've been through with a spellchecker and WInMerge and still couldn't spot the problem.)

------------------------
    update:
    have fixed the russian officers and english units in galway

am upgrading a few settlements with ports, all settlements start at town level now and all castles get mustering halls as a minimum.

have cut basic kings_purse to 2500 and increased slave K_P

various other tweaks.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 27, 2010 at 07:40 AM.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

In descr_campaign_db.xml are any of these changes necessary for TM5? These are all things added by your mod. I'm asking because I have my own edits to certain files, and am just copy/pasting relevant things from your mod so I don't mess my changes up.

<recruitment_sort_simple bool="true"/>
    <show_slave_religion bool="true"/> <!-- Hide slave religion from enemy settlement scrolls. Use remapped faction for slaves own settlement details scroll. -->
    <hud_tab_text_vert_offset uint="18"/> <!-- vertical text offset for campaign hud tabs -->

<separate_games_races bool="true"/> <!-- use separate games and races settlement icons -->

<chivalry_display_threshold int="1"/> <!-- What level of chivalry a character needs to have 'chivalry' displayed instead of 'dread' -->
    <clear_battle_models_on_new_faction bool="true"/> <!-- Are unique battle models cleared when a character changes factions -->

I'm assuming all I really need to do is change build-able forts and 'destroy empty forts' to 'false' in my file. Is this correct?
    Last edited by newt; August 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

newt - as far as I know none of the highlighted lines are essential
    <clear_battle_models_on_new_faction bool="true"/> <!-- Are unique battle models cleared when a character changes factions -->
    might be a good idea?

I shall be posting a revised and improved test module this weekend with lower kings purse, changes to buildings in settlements (but not region allocation yet!)
    also has the Galway fix, 2TPY (very basic) so no problems with devastation, all the perm forts (with a few minor changes of location where roads keep moving!)

RozMod is a long way from being finished and am awating gracul's 6.3.1 patch before attempting anything too drastic!

Roz-

I was wondering if one of those fort fixes for road paths includes the fort that is east of the moorish town of Fes. For some reason it would not allow my diplomat to pass through that area of the map? I don't know why that is? Have you had any trouble with forts blocking paths in western north Africa?

I am patiently awaiting Gracul's patch and the subsequent release of your mod!!
    Last edited by stevehoos; August 27, 2010 at 07:43 PM.

sh - I'm not aware that forts block diplomats unless you are at war with them?
    With about 170 forts there is always the possibility that a few might be in inappropriate places.
    can you give the exact location - bring up the console and type show_cursorstat with the pointer on the fort.
    I'm testing an english campaign atm - got past T50 and it's tough, I've cut king's_purse and trade income in sett_mech.
    T50 and I've got no money - and I've just lost a full-stack army in a battle with HRE - it was besieging ANtwerp and got ambushed by 2 other armies apart from the garrison.
    Lost the entire army - in a blinding snow storm -had no idea what was going on!
    (next turn I got Antwerp in exchange for ceasefire and trade and about 3000fl for 2 turns!)

anyway it'll take a while to get a diplomat down there (or I could start another campaign as a spanish faction - it'd be quicker)
    will report back.

OK -yes you're quite correct - it's a block. you can always go via the coast road
    I'll remove fort at location 47 93 in future releases - to stop it blocking movement it has to be moved too near to Fes, and there is another fort just south of Melilla.
    So it can be removed.

Thanks for info!
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 28, 2010 at 03:53 AM.

Update - got to turn 100 at last to see what is going on.
    hmm - looks like castles are stuck population wise - was about to check why when the GUI corruption problem occurred so had to save game and quit.
    found some more bits and pieces need revision - remove fyrd from irish rebels.
    need to check madness traits for generals - I modded them out for earlier SS6.2 RC4 but I've got another mad general now.
    I'll also need to look at merchants as I really don't want to have merchants with so many negative traits that they generate 0fl.

if anyone spots any other minor corrections problems let me know.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; August 30, 2010 at 07:15 AM.

Ok looks like I've got the castle population growth sorted out.
    discovered that Palermo has been re-introduced a s jihad target despite us having removed it ages ago due it causing all sorts of pathfinding problems
    esp for khwarezm and turks - neither of whom has any strategic benefit from going there anyway.
    have sorted out the madness traits - had to take out hypochondriac to make it work properly.

really need to sort out the start position.
    giving Burgos to rebel instead of Leon-Castile means the Portuguese make a bee-line for it instead of seville, weakening both themselves and Leon-Castile.
    Proof - in latest test without me (as england) calling any crusades - the Moors had conquered al_Andalus by T56 and were knocking on the door of Paris by T86.
    only some stout (and tedious) bridge battles at Angers stopped the tide.
    I got bored after the third one in which i killed or captured 2000+ moors.

so back to square one to sort out Palermo and fiddle with the descr_strat.
    and possibly some alterations to the EDB / EDU to remove nubian and sudanese units from moors roster.
    (like having polish units in the spanish rosters, geographically speaking)
    make fyrd require england hidden_resource.

there's so many sub-mods trying to address various issues that are WiP it's difficult to keep track of them all,
    let alone thinking about the enhancements etc.

(I won't be using the AP "fix" for archers - in my bridge battles I had 2 units of archers who killed over 500 between them.
    and had 2 crossbow militia killing 300+ between them.
    They don't need fixing!)

-I am not a fan of the crazy general trait, glad to hear your adjusting some things.

Well I got my battles to work that were crashing with advice from G5 about removing "prepare for battle" from the campaign script, although I am not sure what affect that will have?

-I am hoping some of the WIP mods that are fixes for varius issues get put in the 6.3- 1 patch. Some of these are fixes more than they are mods maybe.

Thanks for the update
    Last edited by stevehoos; September 01, 2010 at 02:48 AM.

things are very confusing at the moment - various projects to improve 6.3 in various ways (some of which can't be simply combined.)

difficult to know how much to do until the 6.3.1 patch is out - or if any of the changes people are making will be included.

I'm minded to remove the negative traits merchants get from coming from settlements with decent religious buildings.
    since when being religious stop someone being a good merchant?
    I'm also not convinced by the idleness traits - I would have thought that a merchant that sat on a resource would build up contacts etc and become better and not worse.
    and who is going to micro-manage merchants so that they move around every 5 turns?

if you spot any more unnecessary negative traits let me know.

need to do more on descr_strat to move some region ownerships around.

found that sudanese javelinmen (a merc unit) are part of the moors roster -but not egypt.
    so if you control parts of spain you can recruit them in barracks.

that's been removed. also nubian spearmen from moors.

need to check descr_strat for any instances of them now.

Region re-assignments:

Oleshe to Cumans
    Yelabuga to rebel
    Seville to Moors
    Burgos to Leon-Castile
    Pamplona to Aragon
    Zaragoza and Barcelona to rebel
    Inverness to rebel
    Adana to Crusader states
    Pisa and Ajaccio to rebel
    Bari to Sicily
    Oslo to Norway
    Tibilisi to rebel
    Ray and Gorgan to rebel
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; September 01, 2010 at 05:37 AM.

I've added this to greedyruler trait:

and I_TurnNumber > 2

because whenever it happens at the beginning of my campaign, I start over. It's a waste of time. If it happens later, so be it.

I was wondering how one got Greedy Ruler on turn 1?
    I'll see if that's easily fixed.

slight delay whilst I sort out the descr_strat changes (and which one caused he CTD when I first did them.)
    all the start maps will need re-doing if we can agree on changes.

so far I have:
    Burgos - from rebel to Leon-Castile
    Bari - from rebel to Sicily
    Inverness - from Scotland to rebel
    Yelabuga - from Cumans to rebel
    Oleshe - from rebel to Cumans
    Seville (Badajoz) - from rebel to Moors
    Tbilisi - from Turks to rebel
    Adana - from rebel to Crusader States

(removed Lazarus Knights from Jerusalem in 1100 as they weren't founded until 1142.)

Still to do the Aragon start position (remove Zaragoza and Barcelona) (add Pamplona)
    Add Oslo to Norway
    remove Ray and Gorgan from Khwarezm
    the Cuman start position really needs Kazan and Bulgar removed from them - but that does leave a big emptiness up in the NE corder of the map.

I may delay the genoa / Pisa changes until I get some feedback whether it's better to have Genoa on its own, or Pisa plus Corsica and Sardinia?

any other historical changes welcome.

It usually happens after the first turn. You get the privy seal that increases piety, but greedyruler kicks in before that happens. Using 'and I_TurnNumber > 2' gives you the chance to increase piety by recruiting priests, or you can keep the privy seal.

Progressing OK - checking after every couple of changes in case I hit a snag.

so ..

Pamplona - from rebel to Aragon
    Zaragoza - from Aragon to rebel
    Barcelona - from Aragon to rebel
    Oslo - from rebel to Norway (using spare starting Norway army as garrison.)
    Ray - from Khwarezm to rebel.
    plus roads for Aleppo and Seville
    resource slaves 206 138 Bari
    downgraded Bern and Bergen castles
    removed flemish pikemen from Bruges and Antwerp - replaced with spears.
    removed peasants from all garrisons

played about 15 turns just to see what happened:
    major difference - Byzantines instead of going for Bari first, head across the sea and take Benghazi and Tripoli
    Scots take Inverness very quickly, ditto Aragon and Zaragoza.
    Portuguese now confine them selves to their side of Iberia.

more to do:
    Genoa (remove Pisa and Ajaccio to rebel)
    Cumans (remove from Kazan and Bulgar) (add Astrakhan)
    Novgorod (remove Moscow and Yaroslavl) add Polotsk
    Kurdish javelinmen need to be removed from EDB and made local mercs.