Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleon Total War Multi-Player Strategy Guide for Newbs

Default Re: Napoleon Total War Multi-Player Strategy Guide for Newbs

And while you guys duke it out in the trees, I burn the forest. There, problem solved.

Major Hemorrhoid's Avatar Senator

But the forest I'm hiding in is made out of asbestos tenjouten. Not real healthy for the lungs, but at least you can't burn it down!
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; May 06, 2010 at 04:49 PM.

Then I'll douse it in oil and then burn it. If that doesn't work i'll just nuke it.

Good luck tenjouten, the "nuclear warhead" DLC for Napoleon Total Wars doesn't come out until next month!

the Old Guard might work for now

You mean these guys?

You better at least get the Guard Cavalry involved!
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; July 12, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

thats 40 units!

It's a new "unit spamming" record!
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; May 07, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

You make me wonder sometimes.

I make myself wonder sometimes too, tenjouten!

Thanks for the hell again Major.

How about some of the "if they bring weapon A, a good counter is ______". I had a player brings rockets and just bombard me - but found that really they didnt do much damage. Whats the best counter for this? And are those weapons really as powerful as they seem or more show?

the best counter is to flank with cav, What you don't want to do is sit bakc and move up slowly, if you do this rockets will kill a large part of your armt before the real fighting starts.

keep your men running, and try to take his flanks, people who have rockets tend to have less line inf good luck!

EDIT: rockets really arn't overpowered IMO, but the are banned because they are a major reason for camping. Who would move up thier army and attack while leaving thier rockets open to cav attack? No one, thus camping
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid's Brother; May 09, 2010 at 06:53 PM.

Hmmm. Major Hemorrhoid's Brother makes some good points Labtec600, however if you really want to piss your "rocket spamming" opponent off, simply move your units back far enough to be out of range of his rockets and watch T.V. or something until your opponent either attacks you with his much smaller army (smaller because he wasted all his money on rockets!) or "rage quits"! Either way, you win!
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; May 11, 2010 at 01:51 AM.

nice one bro, why didn't I think of that Yes the srat that you pointed out will work, probably with a higher chance of sucuess But it takes a lot of patience.

I'm just going to make "No rockets" the rule - all other arty is fine. I will try moving my units way back and just sit there. I thought rockets would reach the entire match.

I lost but only because of the rockets - was able to slaughter his troops but with the rockets and his troops my guys started to break.

Also - how do I see my statistics - like battles played, lost, etc. And how do I see other peoples?

No Labtec600, rockets will NOT reach the rear of your deployment zone on most maps (nor will they reach the edge of the map on your side) no matter where your opponent deploys them during his initial deployment phase! However, your idea is the one used by most game hosts (including myself). Simply make fixed artillery illegal and you'll cut down tremendously on the number of "rocket spamming noobs" that you have to put up with!

By the way, this restriction of fixed artillery is somewhat of a historical solution as well. The small number of rocket batteries that were actually present during any battle during the Napoleonic era were so inaccurate that they never significantly affected any Napoleonic era battle. Therefore, eliminating them entirely (at least until Creative Assembly makes them more realistic by having them reverse course in mid-flight about 50% of the time and blow up your own troops and blow up on their launch pads and kill your artillerymen the other 50% of the time) seems like the best way to approach the problem.
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; May 09, 2010 at 08:43 PM.

you can see your stats by going to you main menu, click on mutiplayer, then click on "players stats" (or somthing like that) at the very bottom. From there you can you battles won and lost ect, you can also see your friends rank, but that is all Best of Luck to your mutiplayer experience. By the way, Mortars also have 750 range, so if you just say "no rockets" people might bring mortars so you might just want to say "no fixed"

Ok perhaps this has been answered in another post, if so please redirect me. What is the best way to defeat the tactic (which was developed by the french revolutionary armies interestingly enough) that every high ranking player on NTW uses namely, Using clouds of skirmishers to mask their line infantry, and shooting the bloody out of your dashing, expensive "elite" infantry units.... I realize the solution might be to just bring 8-10 light infantry yourself but I was just wondering if you gentlemen had come up with any better solutions.
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."

"Counter-spamming" skirmishers is definitely one option Lt.Hawke, however there are many other solutions as well. "Spamming" skirmishers/light infantry, cavalry, artillery (artillery may not seriously damage skimishers or light infantry in skirmisher mode, but it will sure as hell make them run for the hills with a few well placed shells!), and pretty much any combination of these will work against skirmisher "spam" if used correctly. The only thing I've found that has a problem with skirmisher "spam" builds is builds that are heavy in line infantry, which can't match the skirmisher's range or mobility. All the skirmisher "spammer" has to do against armies heavy in line infantry is fire and retreat, fire and retreat, fire and retreat, etc. until the line infantry dies or runs away! I have noticed that the skirmisher/light infantry "spam" build is a favorite of most of the so-called "Leet" NTW players, who also cry of course if you "spam" anything that counters their skirmisher "spam"!

As far as what best counters the skirmisher "spam" build, that depends on your style of play and the map being played on. The only way to really find what works best for you is trial and error. For myself, I've found that a wall of around a half dozen "cheap" skirmisher units (voltiguers or similar units) of my own together with a few well placed howitzer batteries and a few lancer cavalry units held in reserve works wonders against skirmisher "spammers"!
    Last edited by Major Hemorrhoid; May 16, 2010 at 06:16 AM.