Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B:TW Preview: Balts Rebels units

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: B:TW Preview: Balts Rebels units

It's the late version, with iron bow and cranking mechanism. As far as I know MADTAO modelled this on old pics and decripsion in weapon books.

oh ok, just wondering

great+rep
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

Is this a faction or just rebels?

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    The balts the polish and the Teutonic order looked very similar on the battlefield (at least the common units, knights had their distinct dressing). So I do not see any problems with the fact that they are as far in military thechnology as the surrounding factions.
    First of all I would like to ask you to use the first letter a big one - 'Polish', Balts people would probably wish the same for their own name

Secondly you are wrong with your statement. Poles, Teutons and especially Balts did not look the same in middle ages. Some details below:
    1. In XIII and XIVc most of the Teutonic army consisted of Baltic auxilaries. Those where the freemen that were given a small fief in exchange for military service. They fought as light-medium cavalry and distingushed with their armory from western knights (they used some typical Balt warfare, like pekilhube, sulica, small pavise). Another important part of Teutonic army was Teutonic brothers and servants. They used the armoury mostly typical for western culture and therefore to some extent similar to Polish one, but where 'painted' into a specific Teutonic patern. Also we know that Teutonic brothers often used the Baltic warfare like small pavise or sulica. So actually the only part of medieval Teutonic army that was similar to Poles were... the Polish vassals of Teutons from Chełminska Land and Eastern Pomerania, and eventually Teutonic ally forces from western Pomerania and HRE.
    2. Balts warfare. I have written a bit about those from Prussia above. If it comes to Lithuanians, they in the contrary adopted mostly Eastern European armoury. The reason was simple - since about half XIIIc Lithuanians started the conquest of the Russ Lands, and those Lands were more developed than Lithuanian itself. Many Lithuanian nobles occupied 'officies' in incorporated Rus Lands and they found the Eastern European warfare very suitable. Such warfare was very different from western one, I won't list here the differences as I think they are pretty obvious. Since the end of XIV when Lithuania was allied by a union with Poland and officialy incorporated into the Polish Kingdom (this fact is probably uknown for most of you, practically Lithuanians hold a considerable authonomy and even rebelled often - like Witold <grand duke of Lithuania> did against his brother - Jagiełło<king of Poland>) some of Lithuanian noble families were adopted by Polish noble families and this is how Lithuanians 'borrowed' some Polish noble coas. Also Polish Nobles sometimes sent to its Lithuanians friends a plate armoury which was always a nice gift for Lithuanians, but still the percentage of westernization of Lithuanian army was very little, their weaponry was mostly a mix of the Baltic and Russ style.
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; April 24, 2010 at 09:07 AM.

Excellent!

This looks AMAZING!! Great work!

wow, i didn't even know about such a mod, is it out yet?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

at the moments, there just seperate parts released.

baltic crusades have a lot of the units
    and bftb2 the new map from EE

both + the new stuff would be awesome!!

Civis

more blood and war in the name of Christ... nice 1

were these models included in the 1.2 release?

Luck is the residue of design ~ Milton

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    were these models included in the 1.2 release?

Unfortunately they are not.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Sorry for digging up such old thread but I wonder if these units are released somewhere?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123