Thread: Personal modding for Xai and SS

Default Personal modding for Xai and SS

Hi all. Hoping to tweak your fine work to the likings of stainless steel. Again I appreciate all of your hard work and hope to see more in the future. Hopefully you can suggest a few ideas for me to change.

1. I noticed armies being hesitant when attacking cities/castles. This goes for both slaves and factions being attacked. In just about every case the attacking army has well over half strength and even very close to full.

2. At times the AI will attack my city with a full stack (fatimids) while I defend with a half stack inside (crusader state) and they lay siege for a turn then run off only to return again a turn or 2 later.

3. Factions are having a hard time getting on the popes "good side" so the minute they attack another faction they are usually ex-comm'd relatively quickly.

Appreciate all of the hard work. Perhaps a few pointers on what to change in any file will do the trick. Get back to me whenever I usually pop on here in there. Thanks.

Default Re: xai-ss

Quote Originally Posted by soulson View Post
    Hi all. Hoping to tweak your fine work to the likings of stainless steel. Again I appreciate all of your hard work and hope to see more in the future. Hopefully you can suggest a few ideas for me to change.

1. I noticed armies being hesitant when attacking cities/castles. This goes for both slaves and factions being attacked. In just about every case the attacking army has well over half strength and even very close to full.

2. At times the AI will attack my city with a full stack (fatimids) while I defend with a half stack inside (crusader state) and they lay siege for a turn then run off only to return again a turn or 2 later.

3. Factions are having a hard time getting on the popes "good side" so the minute they attack another faction they are usually ex-comm'd relatively quickly.

Appreciate all of the hard work. Perhaps a few pointers on what to change in any file will do the trick. Get back to me whenever I usually pop on here in there. Thanks.

btw im using the extra file you mentioned for the CAI i think its the faction standing and also just installed the pathfinding files.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

This is for your personal use, correct? Because you would need permissions from the modders to post anything publicly.

Just so you know, it is going to take awhile for you to mod this probably a few months. If you can have patience for a couple of days, we are going to post more information and modding tips. I have many to write on how to actually balance the Campaign AI.

It takes alot of time to do this, so you need to have the dedication to follow through if we are going to give you personal advice, beyond FAQ's and readme's. This is because we are involved in many modding projects ATM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Yes this is for personal use. Take your time im in no rush.

Great, thanks soulson!!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Default Re: Personal modding for Xai and SS

Could one of you guys possible give me a hand with a few small issues regarding XCAI and SS. Everything is nearly perfect now just a few small things that need to be ironed out.

1, Factions attack each other right after agreeing to a ceasefire. I did find this is the file.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <decision_entry>
    <min_entry num_turns_ceasfire = "1"/>
    <max_entry num_turns_ceasfire = "2"/>
    <faction_attitude invade_priority = "-1000" continue = "true"/>
    </decision_entry>

If I increased that to -2000 would it solve the issue or am I on the wrong track?

2, Factions don't want to ceasefire, at least with me even when they only have a settlement or two left and they are fighting many other factions. I am using the values for ceasefire in the diplomacy file.

you can increase it to -2000 and it may help, however if certain conditions exist, then the IP may not be the reasons for the invasions. This is one of the things that will need to be worked on in the next version.

Ceasefires are easier to get on the lower difficulties.

Ok thanks.

Hello again. Looking for some help/tips as to why Portugal keeps attacking Spain. They have great relations and they game just started.

ecision parameters 'portugal' (ai_label:catholic) vs faction 'spain':
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> military: frontline_balance 225.522, military_balance 0.920316, military_balance_plus_enemies 0.920316, alliance_military_balance 0.920316, free_strength_balance 1.70751
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> faction standing: faction_standing 0.716005, target_faction_standing 0.787053, global_standing 0.000746256, target_global_standing 0.000746256
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> diplomacy: stance Neutral, num_enemies 0, target_num_enemies 0, has_alliance_against 0, num_turns_allied 0, num_turns_ceasefire -1
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> trusted_allies: trusted_ally 0, trusted_ally_enemy 0, trusted_ally_protectorate 0
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> protectorate: is_protectorate 0, is_protectorate_of_catholic 0
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> papal: excommunicated 0, enemy_excommunicated 0, has_ceasehostilities 0
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> neighbour: is_neighbour 1, target_weakest_neighbour 1, strongest_neighbour 0, borders_all_our_regions 1
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> win conditions: is_faction_to_outlive_target 1, is_target_faction_to_outlive 1
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> misc: production_balance 0.617184, target_religion 0, target_faction spain, num_settlements 3
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> rand 0.303385, difficulty hard, turn_number 2
    12:52:04.813 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> most_desirable 0, target_human 0, target_is_shadow 0
    12:52:04.814 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> LTGD: (catholic) invade decision: invade = invade_buildup, invade_priority = 58, want_offer_protect = 0, alliance_against = 0, can_force_invade = 1

decision parameters 'portugal' (ai_label:catholic) vs faction 'spain':
    12:54:26.496 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> military: frontline_balance 23750, military_balance 0.764049, military_balance_plus_enemies 0.764049, alliance_military_balance 0.764049, free_strength_balance 14544
    12:54:26.496 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> faction standing: faction_standing 0.650467, target_faction_standing 0.213232, global_standing -0.00425748, target_global_standing -0.00398619
    12:54:26.496 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> diplomacy: stance AtWar, num_enemies 1, target_num_enemies 1, has_alliance_against 0, num_turns_allied 0, num_turns_ceasefire -1
    12:54:26.496 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> trusted_allies: trusted_ally 0, trusted_ally_enemy 0, trusted_ally_protectorate 0
    12:54:26.496 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> protectorate: is_protectorate 0, is_protectorate_of_catholic 0
    12:54:26.496 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> papal: excommunicated 0, enemy_excommunicated 0, has_ceasehostilities 0
    12:54:26.497 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> neighbour: is_neighbour 1, target_weakest_neighbour 1, strongest_neighbour 0, borders_all_our_regions 1
    12:54:26.497 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> win conditions: is_faction_to_outlive_target 1, is_target_faction_to_outlive 1
    12:54:26.497 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> misc: production_balance 0.617184, target_religion 0, target_faction spain, num_settlements 3
    12:54:26.497 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> rand 0.742058, difficulty hard, turn_number 3
    12:54:26.497 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> most_desirable 0, target_human 0, target_is_shadow 0
    12:54:26.497 [ai.ltgd] [info] <13> LTGD: (catholic) defend decision: defend = defend_deep, defend_priority = -1, at_war = 1, want_peace = 0, want_ally = 0, want_be_protect = 0, alliance_against = 1, pts_alliance = -4
    Intel 4690k GTX 760 8GB Asrock Fatality Z97

They are not invading, just building up forces on turn 2. You must consider the political situation too. Did they make any alliances or any other deals with the Moors (either side)? Overall it looks like they are attacking because they are stronger and have the spare forces. There is also the OUTLIVE option that can skew it. It is an opportunistic time. If it happens continually, then you need to balance.

No other alliances. They have a weaker military. Will take a look at the outlive threshold in the file.

also check events, are there any scripts for attacks?

Edit: Replaced with the original file and so far so good so it must have been something that I tinkered with. Quick question. What file does the campaign_ai_db query to determine which faction is catholic, orthodox ect. Is it the campaign script or something else.
    Last edited by soulson; January 06, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

the campaign script file.

Hi, is this thread still alive? Then I've have some questions for you Mr.Xeryx.

I don't know of any religion markers in campaign_script. You must be thinking of descr_sm_factions.