Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/04/2010)

Ive tried desperately to get this mod to work, but most of your instructions are for Windows 7 or Vista. I have Windows Xp, however it shouldn't be too different. When I select the mod I want, the prompt does not pop up and the game starts as normal.

You said I need to save a text file in (C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts). I cannot find this location, probably because I have XP. What do I save it in for XP?

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts for winXP. If you cannot see your Application Data folder, in Windows Explorer go to Properties, View and mark show hidden folder or files (If I remember well).
    Last edited by husserlTW; July 28, 2010 at 07:18 PM.

I'm doing it for Empire Total War not Napoleon. I found "C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts" and saved the empty text file there. The prompt now appears when I pick "Early Campaign" and I type in "mod ETF.pack;" and save it and the game still works just as normal without the mod. Help?
    Last edited by Rexery; July 29, 2010 at 10:47 AM.

Have you installed ETF in the right place? Check the path mod's shortcut on your desktop (right click/Properties) if it is targeting your game's directory: .../empire total war/.

Yes its targetting "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\ETF.exe"

The only thing I am not doing is extracting the update, but it should at least make a difference even without the update. When I install the update, it asks me to find it on the web, or save it. Not to run it. So I click save, and it saves to my desktop. I don't know how to get it from my desktop to where it needs to be.

I uninstalled ETF, and made a very short video of everything I do so maybe you can see what i'm doing wrong. I uploaded the video to youtube, and it should be up in a few hours. The direct URL should be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B246xoYe1l0
    If it is not there, go to youtube and search for "Help me im making a really long title so you can find the video easily" without the quotes. Or my youtube name which I uploaded it on, "rsvidzez".
    Last edited by Rexery; July 29, 2010 at 03:23 PM.

In video you finish your actions by editing user script. Aren't you running mod after that or just you have not recorded these actions? Anyway google for 7zip download and install it. It is a free open source compressing program which can handle almost all compressed files even .rar. It is very good, fast and free! Then decompress the update and place the content in in .../empire total war/data/campaigns/ETF/.

Now launch the mod, choose a campaign, check mod command you've probably have already added, close txt and the game will start automatically.

I was just showing you that I did in fact type that in the script. I didn't want to take the time to open the game and close it again. Yes I have ran the mod, and it didn't work. I will try decompressing the update, even though it is not in a zipped folder.

It is 7ziped.

I can't find that location: empire total war/data/campaigns/ETF

But I did find C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ETF which I think is what you meant. I decompressed it there, started the mod, got the prompt, it still doesnt work. Help?
    Last edited by Rexery; July 29, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

That is the path ( I place ... in front because not all players install in same path). The last thing left to do is to change data/ETF/ETF.pack from "mod" type to "movie". You can see here how in 2b solution, just replace NTF with ETF in instructions. Be sure that you will do that in data/ETF/ETF.pack and not in data/ETF.pack you moght have (ignore that file, it will be overwritten next time you start the mod).

Running into a problem...Have Win7. I too get the CR32 error ( I believe that's what it is) when I'm installing. I select 'Continue.' I then ran the update after that's finished installing and the game loads up fine. I can see all the factions and can play them all, but I have no sound. Additionally I have no sound until I exit out of your pop up window, re-load the pop up window, and move over one of the check marks. It's the only way I get my sound back on my whole computer.

Kinda weird.

(....) until I exit out of your pop up window, re-load the pop up window, and move over one of the check marks. It's the only way I get my sound back on my whole computer.
    can you make it more clear for me?

Check if in your user script file are left any commands for mods you do not use any more. Check also your data folder for mod files that have left there, especially those of type movie that need no activation and it's easy to be forgotten.

Sure can, sorry about that. I have to close out the game out after loading it up and determining there is no sound. When I close out of the game, no sound on my computer works at all. I go to youtube, the videos don't play any sound, I play another game, no sound. The only way it comes back on is if I re-load your ETF mod pop-up script with the different choices for which mod to play. When I place my mouse cursor over one of the checks, it somehow enables my sound and I'm good from there. I've tried this now 7-8 times and have found that is the only way to get my sound back bar restarting the computer. Hope that is more clear.

Hmmm... this is very weird... o.k. try this:

1. There is one folder called ETF in your game's data and on in data/campaigns. Rename them both to ETFbak.

2. Uninstall mod using uninstall links in Start/Programs/ETF or in game's directory (Steam/..../empire total war/).

3. Delete the command in user.empire_script.txt. Check if sound is o.k. at your PC.

4. Download, extract the attached ETF1.7z (you may need 7zip, google for it and install it first, it is open source, free, fast and very good), in game's directory (Steam/..../empire total war/). Make manually a shortcut of ETF.exe on your desktop.

5. Rename back both ETFbak folder to their original names.

Now test and feed back please. Also note your OS.
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 05, 2010 at 05:09 AM.

Alright I went through your steps and followed them to a 'T'. I first checked to make sure I could play sound - which I could. The menu screen for your mod popped up when I used the shortcut on the desktop. I noticed there were no sounds now for the menu screen for the mod. Before clicking on one of the mods I double checked that my sound worked and it did. After clicking on the Early Campaign mod I had no sound for the game intro nor in any of the menus, nor when I loaded up a campaign. The campaign also did not have any of the factions except for the normal ones available. Now my sound is completely off and by using the method that I used to (making your mod screen play a sound) my sound in general will not come back on. I tested the speakers and Windows gave me a 'Failure to play test' in which I could play the test before the mod started no probs.

I have Windows 7. Thanks for your help - if its too hard to try for a fix don't worry as I know you aren't paid for this - was just looking for something that I might have accidentally done to mess it up.

I think I may be on to something - and this all probably has nothing to do with your mod. It seems the game itself now no longer plays sound when I load it up vanilla. Really really weird, it was working a couple weeks ago. I guess I'll completely uninstall and re-download from Steam. Sorry to make you work when it seems like a ETW problem and not yours. Appreciate your patience.

How do you uninstall Empire Total Factions?

-Tibbetts
    "No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies, cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5

MyForums | MyYouTube
    |

Look above post 154 step 2.

Thanks.

-Tibbetts
    "No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies, cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5

MyForums | MyYouTube
    |

Hi. Sorry to disturb you but my problem is I cannot see any of those new factions. I start the game using your ETF, tried to click on the 3 options you have (early/late/..). The known notepad comes up and I simply close it (with the text you been telling what should say there..mod etf etc..) the game starts as it should.

Once I enter the main screen, choosing grand.C I cant see those extra factions. I want to play as the Americans right off. I did not start any new campaign yet as I wanted to play usa before I continue. No other problems detected. I might have missed this info from the 8 pages on this site. I´m using win7 64bit btw.

I did all the things you told the others, installing to right loc, DL the update to its loc, made that .txt file and so on. Please fill me up when you have time to spare and keep up the good work!

Best of regards/Coz
    Last edited by Cozmoz79; August 10, 2010 at 04:47 PM.