Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1661

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJohnson367 View Post
    I was playing this mod recently and I found out something right away that was very off. I thought maybe people would have noticed, but I guess I'm the only one. Seeing as how the developer is not coming to this thread anymore and we now have a "Content Staff", I was wondering if that person would relay this message to the dev.
    The reason why there is a "Content Staff" here in this thread is quite simple, because I've tried to help other people here with their issues after HusserlTW retired from modding and in mid December last year I joined the Content Staff.

So there is nothing strange about that and to answer your question.

No, I won't pass on a message to HusserlTW for two reasons; 1) HusserlTW is a retired modder and people need to respect that - 2) It is not my duty as a staff member in the Content Staff to do that

So, my advice to you is to send a PM directly to HusserlTW and explain to him whatever issue you may have, but don't expect an answer as I have already stated that HusserlTW has retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJohnson367 View Post
    There is no Greece.

It's not listed in the Emergent's factions and it's not in the Emergent game, nor in the Early or Late game ones.
    HusserlTW, who is the author behind the Empire Total Factions (ETF) mod and the Greece mod, doesn't come here anymore, because he retired from the modding scene over 4 years ago and he were probably the best startpos modder the TW modding community had on TWC before he retired. So that could explain why Greece doesn't appear as an emergent faction in ETF.

The Greece mod is a stand alone mod and should work at the same time having ETF installed since both mods are mod-foldered, which means that no vanilla files will be either deleted or changed when installing a mod-foldered mod and I've played both mods (installed at the same time) in the past without having a single issue.

Sorry, the other things you mention is something I can't help you with and I'm sure there are other people here who might know.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

The installation is fine till run the launcher but after choose any choice in the launcher all of it only shows stopped working
    I'm using windows 8.1 and my installation place not at drive C

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Welcome to TWC, AndrexXx. Previously, when I tried installing Steam in a non-standard location on drive C, Empire Total Factions didn't work. Based on that experience, I'm guessing that ETF won't work if your installation place is not on drive C. I only know a little about using Empire Total Factions (because I often use it when I play Empire Total War), other people might know more than I do.

As I see it, you have options:-

- You could reinstall the game in the default locations on drive C in your computer (if that is possible). That is the only way I know to make ETF work.

- You could use the All Factions Unlocked mod instead. It will unlock minor factions (the ones which exist on the campaign map at the start, such as Denmark and Venice) but not emergent factions (the ones which might appear during a campaign if there is a rebellion, such as the United States and Ireland. The mod description is here and there are download links here. (This mod should work if you simply move your standard startpos to another location, such as a 'vanilla startpos' sub-directory which you create, and replace it with the All Factions startpos. You could add additional mods, such as the ones listed here, to customise your game-play).

- As a variant on using the All Factions Unlocked Mod, you could manually copy the relevant startpos files which Empire Total Factions into your C: (or whichever driveyou keep it on)/ProgramFiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data/campaigns/main folder. The ETF startpos files are in C: (or whichever drive you keep it on)/ProgramFiles(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/ETF/campaigns/ and there is a handy start_list.txt file to tell you which of the files ETF uses for which campaign. I cannot guarantee that this would work, but it might be worth trying.

- You could try another hosted mod (such as Empire Realism, Imperial Splendour, DarthMod or Imperial Destroyer), although I don't know whether you would have the same problem you're having with EFT. (Also, these mods make a lot of changes to game-play, which you might or might not like).

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrexXx View Post
    The installation is fine till run the launcher but after choose any choice in the launcher all of it only shows stopped working
    I'm using windows 8.1 and my installation place not at drive C
    Welcome to TWC, AnderxXx!

I need to ask. Where is Steam installed? Is it installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder? If it is then reinstall Steam outside of that UAC-protected folder as it's known to cause issues for a lot of things including mods.

Another thing I discover is that ETF seems to be designed to only work if ETW is installed in Steam. Of course I could be wrong about this, but that's my conclusion I got when I tested ETF being installed outside of Steam.

So I suggest that you install Steam outside of UAC then install ETW in Steam and install ETF, but remember you must have Steam Client running otherwise ETF will not work.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hello everyone! I am having problem playing the game in any aspect while the mod is installed!! While both the game and the mod run fine the 1st time I launch the mod after I install it,once I am powering off my laptop and then powering it on, neither the game nor the mod works. The game and the mod are being launched normally but every choice of the game I choose from the main menu(campaing,loading saved games, play emergent, early or late campaign etc.) crushes the game. Anyone has any idea how can I fix this?

Welcome to TWC, Terrorix!

Verify game cache for ETW in Steam might help, so try that first. Should you still have an issue then uninstall ETF and launch ETW, just to see if you can start a new campaign in ETW.

Does anyone know how to fix "you do not have enough space to install" error? It says that I don't have a space to install this mod, but that's not true - I have more than enough to be able to install this mods and couple games, for example.

OK, I fixed it by launching it with Windows 7 compatibility.

Sorry for the third post, but I can't get ETF to work. After selecting Early/Late/Warpath/Emergent campaign ETF is crashing. Somebody know how to fix this?

Welcome to TWC, Wilczek21!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilczek21 View Post
    Does anyone know how to fix "you do not have enough space to install" error? It says that I don't have a space to install this mod, but that's not true - I have more than enough to be able to install this mods and couple games, for example.
    Try to verify game cache in Steam and make sure to have the Steam Client program running (shown in the Systray where the clock is) before you launch ETF, otherwise ETF won't work properly.

Another thing you need to do is to install ETW inside the Steam folder and I think ETF is designed to only work when ETW is installed the Steam folder and may not work when ETW is installed outside of the Steam folder.

OK, I fixed it by launching it with Windows 7 compatibility.
    As far I know, one doesn't need to run ETF with Windows 7 compatibility mode as I don't do that and ETF is working for me.

Sorry for the third post, but I can't get ETF to work. After selecting Early/Late/Warpath/Emergent campaign ETF is crashing. Somebody know how to fix this?
    Do you have the Warpath DLC?

If not then buy it on Steam, otherwise you'll get a CTD every time you click on the Warpath >> Emergent option in the ETF launcher.

I do have Warpath, actually I have a Gold Edition. Right now I'm going to verify game files and if this will not help then I'm going to reinstall ETW. Thanks for help.

Hello everyone! Does anyone know how to disable the historical minimap? I'm so used to the vanilla minimap, I'd like to have it back if there's some way to do it in the mod.

Hi. I followed the steps above, but it still doesn't work. Whenever I try to play the game it crashes and window pops up saying: "Application load error 5:0000065434".

Quote Originally Posted by Chiforandres1 View Post
    Hi. I followed the steps above, but it still doesn't work. Whenever I try to play the game it crashes and window pops up saying: "Application load error 5:0000065434".
    Welcome to TWC, Chiforandres1!

Try to verify game cache in Steam then close ETF and Steam Client. Remember, always make sure to have the Steam Client running before launching ETF.

Launch the Steam Client and ETW, just to make sure you can launch the game then exit ETW and click on the early campaign in the ETF launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Welcome to TWC, Chiforandres1!

Try to verify game cache in Steam then close ETF and Steam Client. Remember, always make sure to have the Steam Client running before launching ETF.

Launch the Steam Client and ETW, just to make sure you can launch the game then exit ETW and click on the early campaign in the ETF launcher.
    Hello, I don't know if you saw my post or not. But I was just trying to disable the historical minimap, I'd really like to have the vanilla minimap back. Is there a way to do that in this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout3onIce View Post
    Hello, I don't know if you saw my post or not. But I was just trying to disable the historical minimap, I'd really like to have the vanilla minimap back. Is there a way to do that in this mod?
    I read your post, but what you're asking about is not what this mod do. I suggest that you start a new thread here.

Is there a way to play this mod with 4-turns per year? I tried changing the CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR variable in startpos.esf from 2 to 4, but that bricked vanilla, while starting ETF with the same edits automatically loads up its default 2-turns per year startpos.esf file. Thank you very much for your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Scaevola View Post
    Is there a way to play this mod with 4-turns per year? I tried changing the CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR variable in startpos.esf from 2 to 4, but that bricked vanilla, while starting ETF with the same edits automatically loads up its default 2-turns per year startpos.esf file. Thank you very much for your consideration.
    I don't know a mod that changes turn from 2-4 turns per year to work ETF, so I suggest that you post about it here.

Thank you for redirecting me to that sub-forum. I'll start a new thread there if I can't find a different mod that unlocks all factions with four years per turn. I've had a ton of fun with the Greece mod but still want to try an earlier start. May I get a newbie doofie wave too?

There is also the mod questions and mod recommendations thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ecommendations