Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/04/2010)

Tried it through steam and got the same thing. Crashes.

I have just the one copy of the game in my steam file as i had your mod for NTW and it was perfect so didnt bother with a second copy. I cant get into warband at all anymore.

Will the game revert to vanilla if i mark the ETW file from a movie file into a mod file?

After you select Warpath Campaign in ETF interface and you are in game's menu select Grand Campaign (to play Warpath) and not Warpath Campaign button.

Libertus

Icon5 Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/04/2010)

I have followed your instructions. but when I press the late campigan and after norway so do not start the game. I have also tried early campigan and Warpath campigan. None of it works. It's the same with NTF, Napoleon totalwar Faction. I changed the file to the movie. In the Script file, I have written mod ETF.pack;.

I am grateful for a reply. Olav

Sorry folks there was an error in some of the files. Download this update and extract it in .../empire total war/data/campaigns/ETF/.
    Last edited by husserlTW; July 15, 2010 at 09:48 AM.

Libertus

I have no ETF file in Campigan/ETF. I have only a ETF file in my Data map.The update map has I a few map, map 7 to 14. Should i extract the all the map or only one of them.
    Last edited by Olav96; July 15, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

You have to extract it all. But if you do not have data/campaigns/ETF/ folder that means that mod is not installed correctly.

I suggest uninstall mod and install again. You should have data/campaigns/ETF/ with 1-14 folders. That is different from the other ETF in data/ folder with 1-14 .bat files and mod pack. Then apply the update as instructed.

Libertus

I dont found the ETF map in CAMPIGANS. I had a problem when I install the mod. I send you a picture. I pressed yes.

It seems files are corrupted (at least no 7). Did you download it from FileFront or MegaUpload? Try to download again mod from the alternative download link, hope is not corrupted too. Also you can do this:

Use 7zip program to decompress ETF.exe you've downloaded (consider that as it was a compressed file and not an exe). Then copy manually the ETF folder from data/campaigns/ to your data/campaigns. Also check the rest of the files and folders if they are o.k. Last copy the update.

Libertus

I have download it from filefront. what program should I use.

Try first to download from the other link.

To follow my previous suggestion use 7zip (google for it), it is free, opens almost all formats (zip, rar, etc.), it is fast and a very good program to use generally for compression/decompression.

Libertus

Thanks I will try.

Libertus

I have done all the things that you said but that dosent work.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Noobish question: I got the CRC32 problem, too, I said OK, then tried to enter in the game. But when I try to choose any option (late, early, Warpath, etc.) my antivirus pops up and sais the .exe files are infected. I scanned and there was nothing found. Is my antivirus too protective or it's because of that CRC problem? Thx. And hopefully you'll fix it.

PS: The NTW version works great.

Edit: I tried it whatsoever, but I noticed armies cannot move from 1 region to another, and the roads don't exist.

Double-Edit: I found a fix in this folder for the roads. +rep
    Last edited by RO Citizen; July 18, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
    [Col] RO Citizen

so everything seemed to have installed right, game loaded and that, but when i wanted to start the long campaign no factions displayed, great britain was selected, all the maps were white and the description of the faction was "test", and if i clicked to start the faction like that the game just crashes... any solution?

i have the steam version of empire total war , so after i installed everything when i launch the game only te regular empire comes on , not etf version
    ROME 2 TOTAL WAR FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    so everything seemed to have installed right, game loaded and that, but when i wanted to start the long campaign no factions displayed, great britain was selected, all the maps were white and the description of the faction was "test", and if i clicked to start the faction like that the game just crashes... any solution?
    Have you installed the update?

Quote Originally Posted by allthedamnnamesweretaken View Post
    i have the steam version of empire total war , so after i installed everything when i launch the game only te regular empire comes on , not etf version
    Have you edited user.empire_script.txt correctly?

yes i have, but im using 1.2 version of the game, is that really that important? my connection's been lately and rite now i dont have enough time on my comp to let the other updates finish dwonloading (im saying all this so nobody comes out saying ive got a fake version or smth like that) anyways, i suppose thats pretty much it right? on NTW post there was a fix for having an old version but i didnt find it for ETW :/

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post

Have you edited user.empire_script.txt correctly?

how do you do that?
    ROME 2 TOTAL WAR FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    yes i have, but im using 1.2 version of the game, is that really that important? my connection's been lately and rite now i dont have enough time on my comp to let the other updates finish dwonloading (im saying all this so nobody comes out saying ive got a fake version or smth like that) anyways, i suppose thats pretty much it right? on NTW post there was a fix for having an old version but i didnt find it for ETW :/
    Sorry there is not FIX for ETW. You have to have latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by allthedamnnamesweretaken View Post
    how do you do that?
    The easiest way is to use Mod Manager.

sigh, guess ill have to update, just a quick question, all the small factions work just like playable factions right? i mean things like i played an old mod that unlocked factions and as genoa i couldnt even build barracks on the capital city... quite annoying..

EDIT: updated and got it working, awesome mod!

quick question: do i always have to open the game from ETF or after starting the campaign i can just open it from the normal .exe?
    Last edited by Sigfried; July 23, 2010 at 02:40 PM.