Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/04/2010)

Because of mod foldering, tat is thw mod uses it's own mid and does not mes with vanilla. It is only a cosmetic issue, consider that the roads are actually there.

Husser, is it possible for you to create a new faction replacing Great Britain......Kingdom of England. Because if Scotland and Ireland are independent, so should England.

Mod is excellent and works great except one small problem. I've noticed on some of the factions, Greece especially, with my armies some units randomly change into other ones. This is a clean copy of Empire and yours is the only mod I've got so I just assume it's something to do with this mod. Any ideas?
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."
    ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Mahurin View Post
    Mod is excellent and works great except one small problem. I've noticed on some of the factions, Greece especially, with my armies some units randomly change into other ones. This is a clean copy of Empire and yours is the only mod I've got so I just assume it's something to do with this mod. Any ideas?
    That is a known bug for some emergent and nothing can be happened. You can just remove armies out of city leaving a couple of garrison units which you do not care if change.

Hello husserlTW,

I've been trying to install your mod for a while now but have run into trouble. The location: C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\ does not exist on my computer, (yes I replaced (user name) with the correct one). More importantly however I don't have a file called The Creative Assembly nor do I have the critical one below it called scripts. The only way I can access the Empire files is through this pathway: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war which obviously isn't working. I've tried placing a copy of the user script in every single Empire folder I can find to no avail.

I have installed the mod and am getting a similar start up screen to that for the NTF mod, yet when the ETF game starts I can't choose any new faction at all (obviously since the user script isn't in the right place). I had a similar problem when trying to install NTF at first until I downloaded the micro-program which creates a user script for you in the right place.

For your info, this is the earliest screen I get that allows me to touch Empire files:

Thanks for your help.

I can tell you that you have C:\Users\... (saves are also there) but you cannot see them or you have not access to this account. Go in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization and in Folder Options click on Show hidden file and folders and tick Show hidden files, folders and drivers. Alternatively type in start\search programs and files Show hidden file and folders and finish the procedure as above is mentioned.

Or try this:

1) Copy ETF.pack from data\ETF to data\ if it is not already there.

2) Start the game with Mod Manager enabling ETF.pack
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 17, 2010 at 07:26 AM.

Hmm wonder why that is but okay cool thanks for answering. Great mod nonetheless.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do."
    ~Voltaire

Thank you husserlTW, after giving myself access to the hidden files I've been able to put the script in the right place. That being said, a small issue arises, when I try to start the mod the user.empire_script.txt launches successfully however when I type mod ETF.pack; nothing happens. I don't get the little black (MS DOS looking) screen I get for NTF. When I type mod ETF.pack; and close the .txt file I am asked whether I want to save changes or not, neither of them actually launches the mod.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Normally closing the txt the game lunches automatically. If not that means you have probably a torrent version.

Make sure that you have user script edited properly. Go in data\campaigns\ETF and copy the start_list.txt on your desktop. Open it and the same time go in data\ETF. According the mod you want to play from start_list.txt execute the batch file with the same number in data\ETF. For example if you want to play "All playable early" execute Load_1.bat, if you want to play "All playable late" Load_2.bat and so on.

I downloaded and installed the mod successfully and managed to play as any faction I wanted except that I can't see any roads on the campaign map!!!! why is that???
    Egyptian revolutionary.....Canadian in nationality......Arab by blood.....and proud Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by RAFAEL View Post
    I downloaded and installed the mod successfully and managed to play as any faction I wanted except that I can't see any roads on the campaign map!!!! why is that???
    Because I've forgotten to add them and you are the first one that have noticed it! I'll fix this in a future update. However this is actually only a cosmetic issue, roads are actually there so keep developing them.

Alright no sweat and by the way +rep..

Orko's Avatar Praeses

The mod doesn't seem to work for me. I get the UI screen and all, it's all well, but when I enter the game it's all the same, nothing different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Check here. Ir is for Napoleon but it is the same. Just replace NTF with ETF where is needed. Possible problems:

1. You have not a user.empire_script.txt.
    2. You have installed the mod in wrong place.
    3. You need to make data\ETF\ETF.pack "movie" type.

Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh01275 View Post
    why are the roads invisible in the warpath campaign?
    Quote Originally Posted by RAFAEL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Because I've forgotten to add them and you are the first one that have noticed it! I'll fix this in a future update. However this is actually only a cosmetic issue, roads are actually there so keep developing them.
    ehhem
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

LOL!!

In warpath campaign it will be invisible in new American regions anyway. There is no fix there....

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Check here. Ir is for Napoleon but it is the same. Just replace NTF with ETF where is needed. Possible problems:

1. You have not a user.empire_script.txt.
    2. You have installed the mod in wrong place.
    3. You need to make data\ETF\ETF.pack "movie" type.
    I followed the instructions but I'm not sure I understand what to do. I downloaded the script tool but the exe file just doesn't open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

There is no script tool for Empire. Just go in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts and if you have not make one. You can just copy preferences.txt rename it as user.empire_script.txt and delete all its content.

A temporary solution for roads until a proper update:

Download the attached 7zip file, extract it on our desktop. Open Roads folder select the proper pack according the campaign you want to play and place it in your data folder. It does not need any activation.