Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/04/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncontested View Post
    um okay this starts my game but i dont see any new factions unlocked in grand campaign... ?? I also didnt see anywhere i had to put in "
    mod ETF.pack;"
    You cannot play any mod if you do not have first create a user.empire_script.txt file where the mod commands should entered. To do that just open notepad and save a blanc txt named as previous mentioned in C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\ (that is the path for won 7 and vista).

Hi guys thnx for the wicked mod = much love i came back to empire total war while im recovering from a motorcycle accident ... When i play with the mod on i get full map view of all nations and their movement abilities which makes my turns take forever any way i can take that off?

Not sure if my last reply went through or i could be just tired since my accident but whenever i play with the mod on i get FoW removed completly is there any way to return it?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Whenever I use startpos mods, I invariably get a lot of crashing during battles or turns (except maybe Hellas for some reason). More so than with other mods. What is the reason for this? Has it something to do with Windows Vista, or are others encountering these problems too?
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; May 16, 2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Is there any reason Portugal has doubles of every non-trade ship?

It's not necessarily a gameplay problem (though I haven't constructed any high level shipyards, it could be a problem then considering how large the recruitment list would be), I'm just curious as to why it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnum View Post
    Hi guys thnx for the wicked mod = much love i came back to empire total war while im recovering from a motorcycle accident ... When i play with the mod on i get full map view of all nations and their movement abilities which makes my turns take forever any way i can take that off?
    You have 2 deferent problems:

1. You have enabled in game options to follow AI moves.

2. You are playing a mod with individual emergent enables in Late campaign. Only there map is revealed (they are older mods). Try Late Campaign or All Emergent playable if you do not like this and you still want to play as an emergent.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Whenever I use startpos mods, I invariably get a lot of crashing during battles or turns (except maybe Hellas for some reason). More so than with other mods. What is the reason for this? Has it something to do with Windows Vista, or are others encountering these problems too?
    This mod has not a mod pack and does not make any changes to units or in any db table. These problems are not related with the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Holsety View Post
    Is there any reason Portugal has doubles of every non-trade ship?

It's not necessarily a gameplay problem (though I haven't constructed any high level shipyards, it could be a problem then considering how large the recruitment list would be), I'm just curious as to why it happens.
    Probably you use a mod (or mods) that has Portuguese ships and generic (e.g. portugal brig and brig).

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Here is something I found out. If I download this mod, extract the startpos to the Campaigns/Main folder, verify intgrity of game cache, and run Modmanager with this ETF (this mod) selected, the CTDs seem to stop. I was able to play as Portugal for a good few hours yesterday without a crash. Thought I'd share that info.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Here is something I found out. If I download this mod, extract the startpos to the Campaigns/Main folder, verify intgrity of game cache, and run Modmanager with this ETF (this mod) selected, the CTDs seem to stop. I was able to play as Portugal for a good few hours yesterday without a crash. Thought I'd share that info.
    This cannot be done unless you make certain changes in Iberia.pack and startpos. First in Iberia.pack there is a powerful script that forces game not read startpos from main but from mod folder (in this case Iberia_mod). Secondly and related to previous, startpos has certain entries which determine the folder that is installed (in this case Iberia_mod). So if you do not delete the pack's script and as far the pack is loaded (with Mod Manager or by editing the user.script.txt) the game will never load files from main, but only from Iberia_mod folder. If you remove the script from mod pack and move startpos from Iberia_mod folder to main but without edit it, the game will crash on loading.

The only way to run my startpos from main is deleting the script from pack and make certain changes in startpos. If you have not done all these then actually you run the mod normally from it's mod folder. Last, something important: If you first extracted to the Campaigns/Main folder and then you have verified the integrity of game cache then the original vanilla startpos was restored.

So probably the mod has run normally from it's own modfolder and Steam repaired errors you had in your game installation.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 18, 2010 at 05:35 AM.

Probably you use a mod (or mods) that has Portuguese ships and generic (e.g. portugal brig and brig).
    I don't use any other mods besides this one, but that makes sense (portugal brig and normal brig etc), thank you for the answer.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

QUOTED has been deleted by HusserlTW

Hi Husser. I can't get it to work. I'm totally clueless when it comes to computer's. Is there any chance you could do a video of this and post it? I have the screen menu up, but i get an error CR32 for some reason. You gave instructions, but i find it hard to follow them, like i said clueless lol. Hope you can help me out, anyway thanks from a Irish lad to you:thumbs up2
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 18, 2010 at 05:13 PM.

It is fairly easy and mostly automated:

1. Download and run the installer. By default the mod will be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\. If you have the game installed in a deferent location, point installer to your ....\napoleon total war\ path when the installation path screen will be appeared.

2. Start the mod selecting campaign or/and faction. The user script will pop up where you have to enter the following line:

mod ETF.pack;

3. Save and exit, game will start automatically.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It is fairly easy and mostly automated:

1. Download and run the installer. By default the mod will be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war\. If you have the game installed in a deferent location, point installer to your ....\napoleon total war\ path when the installation path screen will be appeared.

2. Start the mod selecting campaign or/and faction. The user script will pop up where you have to enter the following line:

mod ETF.pack;

3. Save and exit, game will start automatically.
    Thanks,still not working. When i install the program i get.. Destination Folder C:\\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war, i clicked next.

Next page is :Start menu.. Empire total factions, "Pressed Next.

Next page is create shortcut, pressed next. That page is review setting's, but i don't get a user script pop up. Just instalation directory, start menu group and additional tasks.

O.K. that means that you have not a user script, because you probably have not played any mod before. Open Notepad and save a blanc txt named user.empire_script.txt in C:\Users\(user name)Eg\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\ (that's for Vista and Won 7). Now when you run the mod user script will pop up.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

O.K. that means that you have not a user script, because you probably have not played any mod before. Open Notepad and save a blanc txt named user.empire_script.txt in C:\Users\(user name)Eg\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\ (that's for Vista and Won 7). Now when you run the mod user script will pop up.
    Thanks for your help. It still, doesn't pop up, but i use windows eight( you said seven) could that be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kieran12 View Post
    Thanks for your help. It still, doesn't pop up, but i use windows eight( you said seven) could that be the problem?
    Sorry but I do not know any Windows 8. Do you have the original game? If not you cannot play the mod because requires the latest CA's patch to be present.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Sorry but I do not know any Windows 8. Do you have the original game? If not you cannot play the mod because requires the latest CA's patch to be present.
    It broke, i load it of steam. As long as the game works, that is what matters really. Anyway thank you for replying and helping me here.

Great Mod but I am disappointed that you cant play as England

Morrowind3's Avatar Campidoctor

I guess u need Warpath for this ):

ah well, Was thinking about getting it anyways!

Hey Husserl, sorry to bother you...

First off, thank you very much for the mod -- it's totally amazing. Starting with no forces/resources is my biggest bugbear about TW titles, & the inclusion of the Late Period really changes that. Thanks again.

But I've got a tiny little question. I started a campaign as Britain, & after ten or so turns of beating up the French I offered them a ceasefire, to concentrate on my shipping. When I click "Send diplomatic proposal" the game CTDs.

The issue is replicable -- if I start a new campaign as the British & immediately offer a ceasefire, the moment I hit send the game crashes. Also, when I don't offer a ceasefire but repeat the offer a few turns later, the game also crashes. There is no crash when I offer a ceasefire to anyone else I am at war with (i.e. Barbary Pirates & Mughals both accepted nicely, with no CTD).

Any idea what could be causing this? I apologise again for bugging you & send you my heartfelt thanks for taking the time to make this mod.

Cheers,

Turbosatan.

It is a known issue. It is hardcoded Britain and France to be at war and I cannot do anything about that.