Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/04/2010)

Is your version original or you have a torrent?

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

Original of course.

O.K. try this:

Open [ETF]\data\ETF\ETF.pack with PFM. Click on Choose a Pack Action and mark movie. Save as ETF.pack in your desktop. Then take it and copy back in [ETF]\data\ETF\ replacing the older ETF.pack. Try again. Now it does not matter if you edit user script, since the ETF.pack file is a "movie" type, the game will be forced to load it either way.

OK, I forgot that I moved Steam to different drive, really sorry for whasting your time But now the game starts and when I click "Grand Campaign" I have the standard factions.

Do what I've suggested in my previous post.

You are great, +rep!

I've got the original version, edited the script file, everything's where it should be, tried making the pack into a movie and replacing the old ETF pack twice, and it still won't show the minor factions.

edit: I'm running vista, btw.
    Last edited by montag; May 06, 2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: specifics.

Check if you've replaced the data\ETF\ETF.pack (that's correct) and not data\ETF.pack (this has no effect). Every time you start the mod the first is copied in data folder overwriting the second one that is there from the previous running of the mod. So be sure that you make the first one as "movie".

yep, I definitely replaced the data/etf/etf.pack, still no effect.

Something is not right in all these you report. If there is a movie pack in your data folder the game is forced to run it or CTD. There is no chance to run a vanilla game or any other mod until you remove the file!

hang on. I reinstalled the mod after I realized I messed up the first attempt to convert the pack to a movie (and then tried to correct myself using the 'broken' pack ). Now that I've reinstalled and converted it properly, the game launches and now crashes to desktop when I click on grand campaign.

I figure I'm closer to making it work now, at least.

Is there directory called ETF data\campaigns?

I have data\ETF with no folders in it, and I have data\campaigns\ETF

My empire total war folder has the ETF application in it, but no direct folder for ETF.

edit: I have no folder named 'etf data'.
    Last edited by montag; May 08, 2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: mentioning etf\data

Your data\campaigns\ETF has folders inside? Also execute some of the batch files in data\ETF and see what happens...

the campaigns\ETF folder has a bunch of folders numbered from 1 to 14.

executing batch files produces a window saying '1 file(s) copied.' three times, and then launches ETW. once again, clicking on grand campaign crashes to desktop.

forgive me for not mentioning this earlier as now it seems important, but steam and ETW are kept on an external hard drive. perhaps the mod keeps looking in the C: drive?

also, trying to play ETW vanilla also makes it crash to desktop.
    Last edited by montag; May 09, 2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: external drive, three times, second edit vanilla

No, the mod looks there where it is installed. Since you have problem running vanilla then something else is happening. Let steam check your files and repair any damaged. Go in steam\all games\empire, right click properties\local_files\verify integrity of game cache... Do this twice in the row.

verified file integrity twice, game still crashes when clicking on grand campaign.

I tried reinstalling again, and this time I went through the folders deleting everything ETF related the uninstaller missed. then, I reinstalled, put the right pack into the mod script when it asked me, and...

everything works perfectly now for some reason. how about that. anyway, thank you very much for your patience in trying to help me. this mod looks awesome.

Great!

um okay this starts my game but i dont see any new factions unlocked in grand campaign... ?? I also didnt see anywhere i had to put in "
    mod ETF.pack;"