Page 81 of 84 FirstFirst ... 31567172737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1661

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Laetus

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Verify game cache in Steam then exit the Steam Client. After that re-launch Steam and try to start a new campaign in vanilla, just to check if that's working.
    Followed this, campaign and everything works fine.

Mod still says I have no space left.

I will try defragmenting, but thats probably not the problem.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Try to first launch ETF and exit ETF then exit Steam and re-launch Steam. After you have done that launch ETF and try to start a new campaign e.g grand campaign.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Laetus

Try to first launch ETF and exit ETF then exit Steam and re-launch Steam. After you have done that launch ETF and try to start a new campaign e.g grand campaign.
    I cant launch ETF though. I havent been able to install it at all, thats the problem.

I have the same problem. I downloaded the mod using the first link in the original post, but I can't run the installer because it says I don't have enough free space.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mhypnotica View Post
    I have the same problem. I downloaded the mod using the first link in the original post, but I can't run the installer because it says I don't have enough free space.
    That sounds very frustrating!

Here's a possible solution which has worked for some players in the past:

- Right-click on ETF21.exe, select 'properties' (the last item on the menu) then select 'compatibility' (from the tabs along the top) then tick the box by 'Compatibility mode' and select Windows 7 (thanks to Gunder1an for this suggestion)

or

- Right-click on the file, select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. A box will appear headed 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter'. After a few seconds, you will have a couple of options. Select 'Try recommended settings' and then 'Test the program' (thanks to Overlordqwerty for this idea)

It would be great to have feedback from Windows 10 users on whether this solution works for you or not.

If you can install the mod, if you have problems starting the game, here are a couple of things to consider:

- Do you start the Steam client before starting the Empire Total Factions mod? It's necessary to start Steam before starting Empire Total Factions via the mod's launcher.
    - Is Steam is installed on your computer in the default location? Different people seem to have had different experiences with this. When I tried to use this mod and had Steam installed in a non-default location, the mod did not work. When I re-installed Steam in the default location, this mod worked. (This issue may arise too if Steam is installed in the default location, but if Empire is installed somewhere other than the default. The mod contains different startpos files for playing different factions; it relies on being able to swap the unmodified startpos file with its modified ones. I could be wrong, but I believe that the mod can only do this when the game is installed in the default location).

Good luck, I hope you can make it work!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    That sounds very frustrating!

Here's a possible solution which has worked for some players in the past:

- Right-click on ETF21.exe, select 'properties' (the last item on the menu) then select 'compatibility' (from the tabs along the top) then tick the box by 'Compatibility mode' and select Windows 7 (thanks to Gunder1an for this suggestion)

or

- Right-click on the file, select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. A box will appear headed 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter'. After a few seconds, you will have a couple of options. Select 'Try recommended settings' and then 'Test the program' (thanks to Overlordqwerty for this idea)

It would be great to have feedback from Windows 10 users on whether this solution works for you or not.

If you can install the mod, if you have problems starting the game, here are a couple of things to consider:

- Do you start the Steam client before starting the Empire Total Factions mod? It's necessary to start Steam before starting Empire Total Factions via the mod's launcher.
    - Is Steam is installed on your computer in the default location? Different people seem to have had different experiences with this. When I tried to use this mod and had Steam installed in a non-default location, the mod did not work. When I re-installed Steam in the default location, this mod worked. (This issue may arise too if Steam is installed in the default location, but if Empire is installed somewhere other than the default. The mod contains different startpos files for playing different factions; it relies on being able to swap the unmodified startpos file with its modified ones. I could be wrong, but I believe that the mod can only do this when the game is installed in the default location).

Good luck, I hope you can make it work!
    It is frustrating, I know how it is.

I just want to add a few things to what you said.

- Where is Steam installed e.g inside of UAC - C:\Program Files(x86) and where is ETW installed?

If ETW is installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder could be the reason of why you guys get a "no disk space left" message, so try to reinstall Steam or move Steam to another folder outside of UAC.

Why I mention where is ETW installed are based on my own observations and it seems ETF needs to have ETW installed inside the Steam folder, otherwise ETF won't work properly.

So, try to reinstall ETW in the Steam folder then reinstall ETF and launch ETF.

Quote Originally Posted by Akbar123 View Post
    I cant launch ETF though. I havent been able to install it at all, thats the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhypnotica View Post

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

It is frustrating, I know how it is.

I just want to add a few things to what you said.

- Where is Steam installed e.g inside of UAC - C:\Program Files(x86) and where is ETW installed?

If ETW is installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder could be the reason of why you guys get a "no disk space left" message, so try to reinstall Steam or move Steam to another folder outside of UAC.

Why I mention where is ETW installed are based on my own observations and it seems ETF needs to have ETW installed inside the Steam folder, otherwise ETF won't work properly.

So, try to reinstall ETW in the Steam folder then reinstall ETF and launch ETF.
    I installed Steam and ETW in Program Files instead of Program Files(x86) this time, but I get the same message that there is not enough space.

I tried a different folder too and got the same result. I think something is wrong with the ETF application itself, as the error pops up right when I open it.

Right clicking for Troubleshooting compatibility worked for me. Thank you!

When I download this file and try to run the application, a popup says "Error You do not have enough free space to install this program. Please free some space and try again." This seems exceedingly unlikely; I have 11 GB free on my built-in drive, and 560 on my external drive. Although, it doesn't even let me choose where to install before telling me I can't. It also doesn't even tell me how much space it wants me to free up and how large the program is. If I really somehow don't have enough space, this would be handy information, and I can't find it anywhere. Moving the application to my eternal drive (where my game and all the space is) before running it doesn't change anything.

Anyone know what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe77 View Post
    When I download this file and try to run the application, a popup says "Error You do not have enough free space to install this program. Please free some space and try again." This seems exceedingly unlikely; I have 11 GB free on my built-in drive, and 560 on my external drive. Although, it doesn't even let me choose where to install before telling me I can't. It also doesn't even tell me how much space it wants me to free up and how large the program is. If I really somehow don't have enough space, this would be handy information, and I can't find it anywhere. Moving the application to my eternal drive (where my game and all the space is) before running it doesn't change anything.

Anyone know what's going on?
    Welcome to TWC, Joe77!

Where is Steam and ETW installed? If I were you I would install both Steam and ETW outside the C:\Program Files(x86) folder (UAC) in Windows.

Is ETW installed inside the Steam folder or is it outside? If it's outside then reinstall it inside the Steam folder, otherwise ETF won't work properly.

Make sure the Steam Client is present in the Systray (where the clock is) before launching ETF. However, you can always launch ETW first before installing ETF, just to make sure every information for ETW is generated and saved.

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 25/08/2010)

And now I have a new issue; when I try to launch a campaign, an error popup says "windows cannot find E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main\Empire.exe
    Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again."
    I didn't type the name at all, nor have any opportunity to do so. So how can I possibly type it correctly?
    I checked and all of that filepath is actually present except for Empire.exe. when I copy/paste that program into the filepath where the popup told me it should be, I get a NEW error message saying "Empire.exe - System Error The code execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found." and another stating that "mss32.dll" was not found either. Likewise with "tbb.dll", and "binkw32.dll". No clue what any of those are.

What do I do about this? Thanks for any assistance!
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; May 16, 2020 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Formatting.

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 25/08/2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe77 View Post
    And now I have a new issue; when I try to launch a campaign, an error popup says "windows cannot find E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main\Empire.exe
    Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again."
    I didn't type the name at all, nor have any opportunity to do so. So how can I possibly type it correctly?
    I checked and all of that filepath is actually present except for Empire.exe. when I copy/paste that program into the filepath where the popup told me it should be, I get a NEW error message saying "Empire.exe - System Error The code execution cannot proceed because steam_api.dll was not found." and another stating that "mss32.dll" was not found either. Likewise with "tbb.dll", and "binkw32.dll". No clue what any of those are.

What do I do about this? Thanks for any assistance!
    I posted here what to do.

Hello, everyone. I apologize for any trouble, but I am also receiving the "not enough space" issue. My Empire is a legit steam download, located at c/program files 86/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War. I verified the game's file integrity. I tried running the compatibility troubleshooter to no avail. I also manually tried every compatibility option (95/98/xp/vista/7/8). Despite my efforts, every time I try to run ETF21 for the initial setup, I am told I do not have enough space. 121 gigs free on my hard drive. Any ideas, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by SJI View Post
    Hello, everyone. I apologize for any trouble, but I am also receiving the "not enough space" issue. My Empire is a legit steam download, located at c/program files 86/steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War. I verified the game's file integrity. I tried running the compatibility troubleshooter to no avail. I also manually tried every compatibility option (95/98/xp/vista/7/8). Despite my efforts, every time I try to run ETF21 for the initial setup, I am told I do not have enough space. 121 gigs free on my hard drive. Any ideas, guys?
    Welcome to TWC, SJI!

The first thing you need to do is to move ETW and/or Steam out of the UAC-protected folder and I know you can do it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7418-YUBN-8129

Although, I need to ask. Where is Steam installed, I mean what is the installation path for Steam?

Is it in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder?

The "don't have enough space left" message can easily be fixed by simple exit the ETF launcher then Steam. After that launch Steam and try ETF again and doing often helps.

Also, this is important, I have over the years noticed that ETW doesn't seem to work properly if it is installed outside Steam, so make sure Steam is installed outside of UAC then either install or reinstall ETW in the Steam folder.

I think reinstalling ETW in Steam at the same time Steam is installed outside of UAC would have the best result, so try that first.

Leonardo, you are a king. I was too busy playing the past few days to thank you properly. Thanks. Dominating the world as USA.

Well, I was.... Until I encountered a new issue. Now, I cannot load any of my games, or start a new game. It crashes to desktop with no error message any time there is a loading screen. I verified the integrity of my game files. My next step would be a complete uninstall, deleting of files, and reinstall. That is, unless you know of a better option. (I really hope you do)

I just found several MDMP files of crash reports in my total war folder. Though, I am not sure what to do with them.

Leonardo, you are a king. I was too busy playing the past few days to thank you properly. Thanks. Dominating the world as USA.

Well, I was.... Until I encountered a new issue. Now, I cannot load any of my games, or start a new game. It crashes to desktop with no error message any time there is a loading screen. I verified the integrity of my game files. My next step would be a complete uninstall, deleting of files, and reinstall. That is, unless you know of a better option. (I really hope you do)
    You're welcome.

The only thing I can think of is to check of how many gamesaves you have in the C:\Users\Leonardo\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games folder, because having too many gamesaves there can cause the issue you now have.

A gamesave for ETW are quite big, several Mb actually, in fact the first gamesave is between 50-55 Mb IIRC.

You see, CA didn't support compressed gamesaves in ETW while in NTW they did, so backing up all gamesaves in that folder I mention above then deleting all of them will often help. Doing that will sometimes fix a laggy ETW due for low FPS.

I just found several MDMP files of crash reports in my total war folder. Though, I am not sure what to do with them.
    I think it is safe to delete them, but first open one in Notepad++ and see what content it has.

Foederatus

I downloaded and unzipped. When I go to open it, it says I don't have enough space to run it. I have 403 GB free on the machine. Not sure what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyVilla262 View Post
    I downloaded and unzipped. When I go to open it, it says I don't have enough space to run it. I have 403 GB free on the machine. Not sure what is going on.
    Common problem.

Anyway, you need to exit Steam if you have it loaded, otherwise launch it then exit it. After that launch Steam a second time and now can you try to install ETF by running the ETF21.exe file and follow the instructions.

A word of advice. I know ETF must be installed in the Steam folder, otherwise it won't work properly. But make sure Steam isn't installed within UAC, instead install or move it outside of the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder.