Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1661

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Just what I thought.

You need to move Steam to another folder, outside of the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder, like C:\Games or C:\Steam and I know you can even install Steam in a different partition e.g D:\, E:\.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthmoor
    This link will probably be helpful in moving Steam to an appropriate location: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7418-YUBN-8129
    I found that post on AFK Mods and here is another Steam link about installing games in a different location.

Or reinstall both Steam and ETW outside of UAC.

But like I said, ETF requires ETW to be installed in Steam regardless where Steam is installed, otherwise ETF won't work.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Im having a few problems saying i dont have enough space for this program when i try to instal it, are you saying that this program takes 500 gb of space? or is it a windows 10 compatibility problem?

Welcome to TWC, Nutshot Pro!

First, where is Steam installed e.g C:\Program Files(x86)?

Second, where is Empire Total War installed e.g outside of Steam?

Because if ETW is installed outside of Steam ETF won't work properly, so make sure ETW is installed in the Steam folder and AFAIK ETF is the only mod I know of that requires ETW to be installed in the Steam folder.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I have another issue. I can install ETF using the compatability way, but when I try to get to the main menu and click on Empire Total Factions, after chosen the early or late campaign of ETF from the launcher, it crashes.
    ETW works fine. I have everything installed in the right path. Steam client is already running. I have installed the warpath campaign. I just can't play it. Suggestions?

Never mind, I tried everything and something just worked out. I can now finally play

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleone di Buonaparte View Post
    Never mind, I tried everything and something just worked out. I can now finally play
    Good for you, happy gaming.

FYI, there is also a bug thread for ETF.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutshot Pro View Post
    Im having a few problems saying i dont have enough space for this program when i try to instal it, are you saying that this program takes 500 gb of space? or is it a windows 10 compatibility problem?
    This happening to me as well. Makes no sense because I have plenty of space.

I have the game on my c drive in the steam folder.

Any help would be great.

GM

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

How frustrating! Here's a possible solution which has worked for some players in the past (I can't guarantee that this will work):

- Right-click on ETF21.exe, select 'properties' (the last item on the menu) then select 'compatibility' (from the tabs along the top) then tick the box by 'Compatibility mode' and select Windows 7 (thanks to Gunder1an for this suggestion)

or

- Right-click on the file, select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. A box will appear headed 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter'. After a few seconds, you will have a couple of options. Select 'Try recommended settings' and then 'Test the program' (thanks to Overlordqwerty for this idea)

It would be great to have feedback on whether this solution works for you or not.

If you install the mod and then have problems starting the game, these might help:

- Do you start the Steam client before starting the Empire Total Factions mod? It's necessary to start Steam before starting Empire Total Factions via the mod's launcher.

- Is Steam is installed in the default location? Different people seem to have had different experiences with this. When I tried to use this mod and had Steam installed in a non-default location, the mod didn't work. When I re-installed Steam in the default location, the mod worked. (This issue may arise too if Steam is installed in the default location, but if Empire is installed somewhere other than the default. The mod contains different startpos files for playing different factions; it relies on being able to swap the unmodified startpos file with its modified ones. I could be wrong, but I believe that the mod can only do this when the game is installed in the default location).

Good luck!

The win7 compatibility worked for me!

Thx!

GM

You're welcome, thanks for letting us know.

Eigar's Avatar Libertus

Hello! Every time i start a campaign using your mod, recruiting units decreases the settlement population. Any way I can revert this change (is not vanilla like)?
    thanks!

I love this mod so, so much. I have not played a major faction campaign in any Total War game for years. I don't know why, but the only thing that's ever seemed compelling is playing as some obscure faction and imagining a story to go with their (your) rise to greatness, in every TW game bar none. This mod is exhaustive in the access it provides to minor and emergent factions, and I can't easily express how grateful for and impressed I am with that. One illustration: when I first launched the mod and realized that emergent factions could be played from both the early- and late-era start dates, I actually gasped. My wife asked if I was OK, because it was loud enough for her to hear across the room. I love this mod.

I'm also posting to make two bug/technical reports:

-The first is that I also had the same problem with a "Not enough disk space" error during installation, and it also was fixed using the method described by Alwyn. Specifically the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" method.

-The second is to say that I am encountering the same problem Napoleone di Buonaparte described in post #1644, namely that the game crashes whenever I try to load any sort of campaign. Either a saved game or beginning a new game. My situation is also identical to Napoleone's in that my files are in the same places. I hope that something will suddenly start working on my end as well but failing that I would also appreciate any troubleshooting advice you all can offer.

Thank you!

Hi,
    I really love this mod a lot. I conquered the world with Ireland a few years back and it was a lot of fun. I recently got back into ETW and decided this time I was going to take on the world with Mexico, played for a couple hours and then quit.
    Now, possibly important note here, when I tried to install ETF the first time my antivirus went crazy, flagging the "check empire files" files as trojans and deleting all of them, and as I was reasonably sure I hadn't downloaded a virus, having used the same link before to download this mod, I temporarily disabled protection, installed it, and played for a while.
    The next day I decided I would rather play as afghanistan instead. I noticed I had another warning that antivirus has messed with ETF files, so I temporarily paused protection again and reinstalled ETF.
    Now I can't play as any minor faction. I can click the button, it will show that its writing the files, will launch the game fine, but in the menu the minor factions are often shown with clearly the wrong leader (i.e., Native American factions having European-style leaders), and if I try to play as any of them (I tried several different ones), it will load for a couple of seconds and then CTD.
    I tried several different ways to fix it but I'm kinda clueless and stumped. I'm sure there's something obvious I'm overlooking. If anyone knows it would be great!

So did the issues with Native American factions ever get fixed? Or can you still not research or recruit bowmen?
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

Icon3 Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Here's an alternative download link for fast download:

ETF21.zip
    Last edited by trueman11; September 24, 2022 at 07:24 PM.

Can't extract on Win 7, get the message "You need to run this setup program under an Administrator account!", despite running it from an admin account.

This is silly, a simple archive would have been much better.

If you have this problem: change the file extension to .zip and extract files manually.

Quote Originally Posted by trueman11 View Post
    Here's an alternative download link for fast download:

ETF21.zip
    Thank you very much!

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

I want to play as Ireland but it does not have grand campaign only etf the only mod I have is this and hifi sound masters and total fractions but it crashes to desktop I have windows 11

I don't understand what you mean by "it doesn't have grant campaign only etf", could you explain what you're seeing? Presumably "this" refers to Empire Total Factions; what are "hifi sound masters and total fractions"? Are you using more than one mod which unlocks factions?

You mentioned that it crashes to desktop. I can suggest a couple of things to check - I can't guarantee that they will solve the problem. Is Empire Total War installed on the default location on your C: drive (if it isn't, it will crash)? Are you starting the Steam client before starting Empire Total Factions (if you don't, it will crash).

lawandorder82's Avatar Ducenarius

I finally figured it out and im playing as Ireland and im at war with USA Spain ETC so amazing