Page 1 of 84 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Empire: Total Factions 2

ETF is a combination of the several startpos mods that make playable all factions in Early (normal), Late and Warpath campaigns. With ETF you can play as any faction with a couple of clicks, without replacing, copying or deleting any files. Moreover the mod use it's own folder and do not overwrite any of your vanilla files. When you run ETF 2 the mod graphical user interface is appeared:

Here you can choose to play:

1. Early Campaign with all factions playable.

2. Late Campaign with all factions playable.

3. Warpath Campaign with all factions playable including emergent.

4. Any emergent in Early or in Late Campaign (select Early or Late radio button under Emergent button and then hit Emergent).

In 2.1 version Options page has removed while a new one (emergent on Early Campaign) has been added. The content of Options has been relocated in the new menu bar of the mod added some more useful futures:

1. File: easy access of user script and preferences files, as well as save game folder.
    2. AI: Enabe or Disable mod's CAI and BAI.
    3. Actions: Check Files and Restore utilities. Check Files will find all files (if any) that are not vanilla or they do not belong to ETF mod. After version 2.1 no further action is being taken. If you want to remove any of these files found by utility, you have to do it manually. Restore removes any mod files (ETF only) and restores any vanilla files that have temporarily removed for running ETF. Have in mind that it wil restore any startpos and scripting files it finds in main with vanilla. Check Files and Restore Vanilla can help you with a messy game's installation.
    4. More Content: Vae Victi's campaign is an early all playable campaign with some additional changes he has made to some of the minor nations making them more playable. Details here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09#post8162209
    5. Help: a general troubleshooter with some typical hep menu items.

Update History:

version 2.1

* New launcher, more friendly.
    * All emergent now available in Early Campaign.

Previous versions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    version 2.0

* New launcher.
    * Options page added with useful utilities.
    * Early Campaign by Vae victis.
    * New CAI and BAI.
    * Emergent files reworked in an attempt to solve the bug that changes randomly the units in a city garrison.
    * FoW in emergent is back.
    * All DLCs are supported in Late Campaign's mods.
    * Animations improved thanks to tiyafeh's mod. Now officers point in the battlefield, or look through telescope etc. instead of staying still. Also man_musket_sabre animations changed so when charging and in melee some of the men will use sabres and others will use muskets.
    * Historical mini maps (thanks to jarnomiedema's mod).
    * Sottish unit limits removed.
    * Colombia religion buildings issue fixed.
    * Louisiana's cities changed from Native to European.
    * Handover issue fixed.

version 1.1

* New powerful launcher. Now the user.script.txt is created and/or edited automatically. When ETF is terminated, launcher erases all changes in game's data folder and user.script.txt.
    * Scripting.lua has been reworked by Rizz. Now only when player plays as one of the 3 American protectorates the handover is disabled. If he plays as one of the European patrons missions will be there.
    * The church fix for Mexico and Quebec is included in main mod pack.
    * Scottish units assigned to... Scotland and their recruitment limits have been removed.
    * Other minor changes.

version 1.0

* Graphical User Interface has been added
    * The next mods are included: All Playable, Late Campaign, All emergent, All playable for Warpath Campaign
    * Modfoldering has been added.

Installation and instructions

Download ETF21.zip, unzip it, run ETF21.exe and install the mod following the on screen instructions. Make sure that you install mod in your game's directory which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war. If you have installed game in a different path redirect installer when the installation path screen appears, browsing your path.

Download link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/c27ea41/n/ETF21.zip

Download link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20687415/ETF21.zip

Always start Steam manually and then start ETF using the desktop shortcut. Select your campaign and pay. No command is needed to be added in user.empire_script.txt.

Uninstall:

You can install mod using add\remove programs of windows. If you accepted it during installation, there will be a folder created in Start Menu, named Empire Total Factions containing a uninstall link. Uninstall exe can be found in game's directory (...\empire total war\).

NOTE: Take a look also in my Napoleon: Total Factions
    Last edited by husserlTW; February 11, 2012 at 05:02 AM.

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/04/2010)

very nice.. Rep!

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Just in time! I was just looking for a mod like this one
    thanks +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

I get an error in the installation processIN
    A CR32(integrity) error war decected while unpacking the following file:
    data\campaigns\ETF\startpos.esf
    Continue?

I finished the install and started the game.
    Selected early campaign but did not find any minor factions.
    Last edited by Húsasmiður; April 18, 2010 at 01:38 PM.

Did you edit user.empire_script? If it is not showed up after you choose the mod to play that means that you have not one and you have to make it. Open notepad and save an empty txt file as user.empire_script.txt in C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts (That's for Vista and Windows 7).

Quote Originally Posted by Húsasmiður View Post
    I get an error in the installation processIN
    A CR32(integrity) error war decected while unpacking the following file:
    data\campaigns\ETF\startpos.esf
    Continue?

I finished the install and started the game.
    Selected early campaign but did not find any minor factions.
    I have exactly the same problem. Even after I edited the user.empire_script and added "mod ETF.pack;"
    Anyone?

Have you installed the mod in the right location ((HD):\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war)? Is there ETF.pack present in your games data dierectory, after you have tried to play it and you didn't? If everything seems fine but you still have the problem, try to make ETF.pack movie type:

Open [ETW]\data\ETF\ETF.pack with Pack File Manager. Click on Choose a Pack Action and mark movie. Save as ETF.pack in your desktop. Then take it and copy back in [ETW]\data\ETF replacing the older ETF.pack. Try again. No it does not matter if you edit user script, since the ETF.pack file is now a "movie" type and the game will be forced to load it.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

"And in the fires of ETW did the dark lord of startpos files learned the craft of launcher making and forged the mod of power!"

Nice job dude

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; April 19, 2010 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Have you installed the mod in the right location ((HD):\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war)? Is there ETF.pack present in your games data dierectory, after you have tried to play it and you didn't? If everything seems fine but you still have the problem, try to make ETF.pack movie type:

Open [ETW]\data\ETF\ETF.pack with Pack File Manager. Click on Choose a Pack Action and mark movie. Save as ETF.pack in your desktop. Then take it and copy back in [ETW]\data\ETF replacing the older ETF.pack. Try again. No it does not matter if you edit user script, since the ETF.pack file is now a "movie" type and the game will be forced to load it.
    Thanks, works now.

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    "And in the fires of ETW did the dark lord of startpos files learned the craft of launcher making and forged the mod of power!"

Nice job dude

hip63

Thanks, I did not know about your poetic nature... Is this yours?

Registered just to ask this. not new just never had to post. i have the same problems as the other two guys but when trying to add user.empire_script.txt to the following C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, i don't have the appData etc. link. I have windows 7. and idea's? Man the other total wars where so much easier. Thanks for posting mods hussar.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsdead View Post
    Registered just to ask this. not new just never had to post. i have the same problems as the other two guys but when trying to add user.empire_script.txt to the following C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, i don't have the appData etc. link. I have windows 7. and idea's? Man the other total wars where so much easier. Thanks for posting mods hussar.
    Probably you do not go in the right user path. I've win 7 also and it is there. The nest example is for user Eg:

typed in manually and the path popped up. still learning new comp. first in 5 years. thanks again hussar, for navigating through the crap CA's thrownup. i sure the hell can't on empire.

when does the late campaign end?

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

I have problems with this mod. When I was installing there was an error or not installed file (i don't remember) then the installer asked "Do you want to continue?" and I clicked "Yes". And when i try to start a campaign noting happens, just clicking the pistol and the saber but nothing

I dont know why but when I make my selection, my game starts to load, but it does not even start. In your intructions it says, "After your selection the user script file will be appeared. There you have to add the following command:" The iuser script does not show up for me. Please help....

Quote Originally Posted by Neoton View Post
    I have problems with this mod. When I was installing there was an error or not installed file (i don't remember) then the installer asked "Do you want to continue?" and I clicked "Yes". And when i try to start a campaign noting happens, just clicking the pistol and the saber but nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by StallionBH27 View Post
    I dont know why but when I make my selection, my game starts to load, but it does not even start. In your intructions it says, "After your selection the user script file will be appeared. There you have to add the following command:" The iuser script does not show up for me. Please help....
    It seems that you have not a user.empire_script.txt file. Make one with notpad (blank) and save it with that name in C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\ for Vista and Win7.

^My user script appears but when I type mod ETF.pack; nothing happens I don't have problems with this mod for Napoleon.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoton View Post
    ^My user script appears but when I type mod ETF.pack; nothing happens I don't have problems with this mod for Napoleon.
    Have you installed the mod in the right place: ...\empire total war\ directory?

Yes, it is there.

Page 1 of 84 12345678910112651 ... LastLast