Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31567172737475767778798081
Results 1,601 to 1,609 of 1609

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Laetus

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Verify game cache in Steam then exit the Steam Client. After that re-launch Steam and try to start a new campaign in vanilla, just to check if that's working.
    Followed this, campaign and everything works fine.

Mod still says I have no space left.

I will try defragmenting, but thats probably not the problem.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Try to first launch ETF and exit ETF then exit Steam and re-launch Steam. After you have done that launch ETF and try to start a new campaign e.g grand campaign.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

Laetus

Try to first launch ETF and exit ETF then exit Steam and re-launch Steam. After you have done that launch ETF and try to start a new campaign e.g grand campaign.
    I cant launch ETF though. I havent been able to install it at all, thats the problem.

I have the same problem. I downloaded the mod using the first link in the original post, but I can't run the installer because it says I don't have enough free space.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mhypnotica View Post
    I have the same problem. I downloaded the mod using the first link in the original post, but I can't run the installer because it says I don't have enough free space.
    That sounds very frustrating!

Here's a possible solution which has worked for some players in the past:

- Right-click on ETF21.exe, select 'properties' (the last item on the menu) then select 'compatibility' (from the tabs along the top) then tick the box by 'Compatibility mode' and select Windows 7 (thanks to Gunder1an for this suggestion)

or

- Right-click on the file, select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. A box will appear headed 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter'. After a few seconds, you will have a couple of options. Select 'Try recommended settings' and then 'Test the program' (thanks to Overlordqwerty for this idea)

It would be great to have feedback from Windows 10 users on whether this solution works for you or not.

If you can install the mod, if you have problems starting the game, here are a couple of things to consider:

- Do you start the Steam client before starting the Empire Total Factions mod? It's necessary to start Steam before starting Empire Total Factions via the mod's launcher.
    - Is Steam is installed on your computer in the default location? Different people seem to have had different experiences with this. When I tried to use this mod and had Steam installed in a non-default location, the mod did not work. When I re-installed Steam in the default location, this mod worked. (This issue may arise too if Steam is installed in the default location, but if Empire is installed somewhere other than the default. The mod contains different startpos files for playing different factions; it relies on being able to swap the unmodified startpos file with its modified ones. I could be wrong, but I believe that the mod can only do this when the game is installed in the default location).

Good luck, I hope you can make it work!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    That sounds very frustrating!

Here's a possible solution which has worked for some players in the past:

- Right-click on ETF21.exe, select 'properties' (the last item on the menu) then select 'compatibility' (from the tabs along the top) then tick the box by 'Compatibility mode' and select Windows 7 (thanks to Gunder1an for this suggestion)

or

- Right-click on the file, select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. A box will appear headed 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter'. After a few seconds, you will have a couple of options. Select 'Try recommended settings' and then 'Test the program' (thanks to Overlordqwerty for this idea)

It would be great to have feedback from Windows 10 users on whether this solution works for you or not.

If you can install the mod, if you have problems starting the game, here are a couple of things to consider:

- Do you start the Steam client before starting the Empire Total Factions mod? It's necessary to start Steam before starting Empire Total Factions via the mod's launcher.
    - Is Steam is installed on your computer in the default location? Different people seem to have had different experiences with this. When I tried to use this mod and had Steam installed in a non-default location, the mod did not work. When I re-installed Steam in the default location, this mod worked. (This issue may arise too if Steam is installed in the default location, but if Empire is installed somewhere other than the default. The mod contains different startpos files for playing different factions; it relies on being able to swap the unmodified startpos file with its modified ones. I could be wrong, but I believe that the mod can only do this when the game is installed in the default location).

Good luck, I hope you can make it work!
    It is frustrating, I know how it is.

I just want to add a few things to what you said.

- Where is Steam installed e.g inside of UAC - C:\Program Files(x86) and where is ETW installed?

If ETW is installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder could be the reason of why you guys get a "no disk space left" message, so try to reinstall Steam or move Steam to another folder outside of UAC.

Why I mention where is ETW installed are based on my own observations and it seems ETF needs to have ETW installed inside the Steam folder, otherwise ETF won't work properly.

So, try to reinstall ETW in the Steam folder then reinstall ETF and launch ETF.

Quote Originally Posted by Akbar123 View Post
    I cant launch ETF though. I havent been able to install it at all, thats the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhypnotica View Post
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

It is frustrating, I know how it is.

I just want to add a few things to what you said.

- Where is Steam installed e.g inside of UAC - C:\Program Files(x86) and where is ETW installed?

If ETW is installed in the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder could be the reason of why you guys get a "no disk space left" message, so try to reinstall Steam or move Steam to another folder outside of UAC.

Why I mention where is ETW installed are based on my own observations and it seems ETF needs to have ETW installed inside the Steam folder, otherwise ETF won't work properly.

So, try to reinstall ETW in the Steam folder then reinstall ETF and launch ETF.
    I installed Steam and ETW in Program Files instead of Program Files(x86) this time, but I get the same message that there is not enough space.

I tried a different folder too and got the same result. I think something is wrong with the ETF application itself, as the error pops up right when I open it.

Right clicking for Troubleshooting compatibility worked for me. Thank you!