Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED - Latest update 25/04/2012

Default STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED - Latest update 25/04/2012

STURM UND DRANG 2

(Preview)

In decade of 1770 some young German writers -among them J.W. von Goethe - made a movement called Sturm und Drang (Storm and Urge). This movement adopted the radical ideas of Johan Gottfried Herder (1744-1803). Herder had promoted the importance and the beauty of the German folk tradition, the Celtic and medieval gothic art, which had been stigmatized as primitive and brutal, comparing with fine and noble French art. He believed that language and literacy express the peculiar population spirit (Volksgeist) and declared that only the cultivation of mother language can permit population to escape from barbarity status. Giving a new meaning to the significance of "culture", Herder connected the unique cultural temperament or identity of a population (Kulturcharacter), with the location that he lives, the geographical and climate circumstances.

These ideas inspired Sturm and Drang and to the end of the 18th century the new political, patriotic movement of Romanticism (which later developed in an esthetic and artistic one) had appeared. Romanticism was encouraging the estimation of folk poetry and tradition which created the so called national literacy and art.

Herder's promoted connection between culture and location birthed the significance of Nation as unique and distinguishable cultural community. Every nation has the right to be declared as an equal distinguishable and independent political community, a state . In 19th century the modern nations-states started to appear tearing apart the old Grate Empires...

S & D 2 is a completely new version serving the aim of previous mod edition: introduce new factions, adding in original game the flavor of modern nations' birth. New mod version is stable, includes more factions, new units, improved AI and more. The AI mod uses, is a combination of Darth's CAI and Luntik's BAI. Check S&D 2 preview for more infos. Mod will remain under constant development, I've already started making more new factions. Every help is mostly welcome especially in artist work and in units creation or/and in combining existing from unit mod packs. In this first released version you can play as:

European factions:

Iceland
    Finland
    Belgium
    Risorgimento factions ( Regno d'Italia, Regno di Sardegna, Regno Lonbardo–Veneto)
    Croatia
    Serbia
    Moldavia

American Factions:

US (Early Campaign)
    Haiti
    Brazil (starting in region French Guiana)

Indian Factions

Sikh (Punjab)

Versions

* New powerful launcher with many new useful futures (detailed manual in menu Help)
    * Added 3 new Indian factions
    * New units added for new Indian factions made by adrian74
    * All playable factions now have major cities (from 3 to 5 slots)
    * Fixed a bug caused sometimes CTD when Sikh attack a Mughal city
    * Other minor changes

* US for Early Campaign has been added with new units.
    * Fixed religion issues for Croatia, Moldavia, Haiti and Brazil.
    * Scripting backup issue is fixed.
    * Other minor improvements.

* Mod is reworked from scratch, all stability issues are fixed.
    * 10 new factions
    * Click 'n play script
    * New units for Croatia, Moldavia, Punjab, Haiti, Brazil.
    * New CAI and BAI based on Darth's and Luntik's work.
    * New animations

Installation and Instructions

Uninstall any previous version you might have. You'll find a uninstall link in Srart , Programs, STURM und DRANG 2 folder.

Download sd2_2.7z, decompress it (you'll need 7zip) and run sd2_setup.exe. Check installation path and if necessary redirect installer to the right path (...\empire total war\). After that install FIX

Download Link: new link:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4606

old link (may not work): http://www.gamefront.com/files/21606751/sd2_setup.7z

FIX: Download attached file and extract it in ...\empire total war\SD2 folder replacing existing files.

When all set, start the mod, select continent, then the faction you want and play! Game starts automatically.

Important:
    If you have problems with game's startup, please copy the report found in ...\empire total war\SD2\sd2_log.txt in the post along with your question/problem. Since this report may be very long, it would be good to use the "code" tags:

Code:

Credits:

DARTH VADER
    danova

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

adrian74
    tiyafeh
    Luntik

jarnomiedema

Last edited by z3n; February 20, 2021 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added new link

brux7's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED

I tried to campaign with Serbia, and it is just as it was the beginning of the nineteenth century, a small, uneducated and poor ... Very challenging! So far everything is working properly. Good job! Congratulations!

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by brux7 View Post
    I tried to campaign with Serbia, and it is just as it was the beginning of the nineteenth century, a small, uneducated and poor ... Very challenging! So far everything is working properly. Good job! Congratulations!
    You know, words can hurt dude

Well cant wait till i get to my desktop PC and try it out.

HusserlTW a few questions:

1) In Ver.1 there were some problems with Serbia, one of them was the religion. Is it now fixed?
    2) Can it be used with other mods?
    3) I recently made my personal modification based on DMUC, turning all muskets to breech loaders. Can i implement it without problems?

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    1) In Ver.1 there were some problems with Serbia, one of them was the religion. Is it now fixed?
    Yes it is.

2) Can it be used with other mods?
    It is depending on the mods. Mods that change or add units, music, sounds, effects, etc. can be combined.

3) I recently made my personal modification based on DMUC, turning all muskets to breech loaders. Can i implement it without problems?
    I think yes, since I do not use modded projectiles.

brux7's Avatar Libertus

I'm sorry ComnenusTheOne ... I did not think anything bad.

@HusserlTW

You are from now on my personal jesus christ.

@brux7

No worries, i was kidding anyways

Problems began before even trying it. I install, double click the exe, choose Europe -> Serbia and then wait in the splash screen.... and wait.... and wait.... and wait. And nothing happens.

You need an original copy of the game in order to play this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You need an original copy of the game in order to play this mod.
    Which i own but still.....

It stops but when I run the game again, there is Sturm und Drang campaign. So it works

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    Which i own but still.....
    Start mod. After the game freezes close it but do not close mod launcher. Open your game's data folder and take a screenshot. Upload it here to have a look.

Canīt wait to play FINLAND!

Tervetuloa to Suomi mod. Just download it and play!

For those having problems, when starting this mod...in task manager there are 3 applications started - etw exe file, SD and C:\xxxxxx loadX.bat
    You just have to wait few second and kill that proccess that ends in .bat and game will start normally(startpos is already copied so mod will work).

Really good mod, 2 things that I've noticed though, Brazil can't build a modern university because of it's home province, and it also can't build seminaries, however when I captured a spanish province with a seminary in religous agents would spawn. In addition is it intended for Punjab to only be able to build their level 3 religous buildings in Punjab proper and level 2 everywhere else? puts them at a slight disadvantage in converting provinces what with not having any religous agents
    Last edited by DK_Viceroy; November 22, 2010 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks for feed back. I'll check them.

another terrific mod

only small things and a question iam quite shure you know already but while playing as moldava and a few the others ive played they nation has a different name

for example my towns say knights of st. john instead of moldava

and the question i got is will the nations such as iceland serbia ect have thier capital be major cities in the future?

also this is for moldava my king has no name just title as minister

only minor things

again great mod
    Last edited by christos5; November 22, 2010 at 05:48 PM.

Probably you use another _loc file or it has has been left from another mod which conflicts with SD_loc.pack. This pack have all the game's texts and you can have only one at a time in your game's data folder. And yes in the future sub mods will be improved in several ways.

o i c thank you very much but other issues

1. even tho i got no other mods but hellas mod (wich i have switched off) still same thing with name of nation, king ect
    2 i started playing as serbia then iceland they seem to both have thier kings name, also as iceland it seems that there cannot be revolutions if the happyness drops to low you get a generic rebel army
    3. playing as moldava i can only build catholic churches and on the diplomacy panel iam listid as being orthodox but yet catholic nations are friendly because of my religion

also iam uninstalling then reinstalling etw with just ur mod hopefully iot works

/////update////

ok reinstalled etw with only ur mod names seem fine now so perrhaps part of hellas mod was the issue
    only issue i see is the religion again as moldava i cannot build orthodox churches although iam listed as a orthodox power (is there a fix for this i can do my self?) since it seems that diplomaticly the AI treats me as orthodox might be something simple since when i play as serbia i get to build orthodox churches

4. also one other issue when i play as moldava i dont have that neat mini map that i get when playing as the others
    Last edited by christos5; November 23, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

Thanks, I'll check all these.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast