Page 82 of 84 FirstFirst ... 325772737475767778798081828384 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1661

Thread: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

Default Re: EMPIRE TOTAL FACTIONS...... (Last updated 17/08/2011)

can ETF work with Empire Realism ??

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MoBo View Post
    can ETF work with Empire Realism ??
    I haven't played Empire Realism before, so I don't know.

You need to try and see if that works or not, but remember if you're using DME then you must change the setting "DME - Ready" to "DME - Vanilla" in the DME launcher before launching ETF otherwise ETF won't work.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hi, I have tried looking for the answer elsewhere and on the many pages on the forums before I decided to ask it here, but does this mod allow for Greece to be played? I thought since it was an emergent faction it would be, but I cannot seem to find it in the options or in the late game setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius97 View Post
    Hi, I have tried looking for the answer elsewhere and on the many pages on the forums before I decided to ask it here, but does this mod allow for Greece to be played? I thought since it was an emergent faction it would be, but I cannot seem to find it in the options or in the late game setting.
    You cannot play Greece as an emergement in ETF, because HusserlTW created a separate Greece mod.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ed-30-01-2012)

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I haven't played Empire Realism before, so I don't know.

You need to try and see if that works or not, but remember if you're using DME then you must change the setting "DME - Ready" to "DME - Vanilla" in the DME launcher before launching ETF otherwise ETF won't work.

so you can run ETF with Darthmod if so how do you do that and what settings to change

Quote Originally Posted by MoBo View Post
    so you can run ETF with Darthmod if so how do you do that and what settings to change
    To my knowledge no, you can't run ETF with DME, because if I am not mistaken DME requires the DME - Ready setting to be active which makes ETF incompatible with DME.

However, having the DME - Vanilla setting active in the DME launcher makes it possible to launch ETF and start a new campaign or continue your game where you left it.

Just in case the Filefactory link aren't working anymore, I re-uploaded ETF today.

https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/t...l-factions-21/

Civis

Here is a new one and I dont know why. Took me two days to find a solution...

Windows 10
    Running
    AUM
    Napoleon Effects
    ETF 2.1

Suddenly stopped loading only getting to a black screen with a blue circle, sound pop, CTD.

Running the .mdmp file Access Violation AUM
    removed AUM
    Same as above
    Running the .mdmp now file access violation no named file

Uninstalled Empire, cleaned all folders, reinstalled, loaded ETF 2.1, ran the first time, the second time, same as above.

Working solution?
    Put my AUM (including support) back in place converted to movie from mod pack
    Put back napoleon effects mod (already movie format)
    Ran ETF launcher, attempted to launch, allowed to crash, leave launcher open so files remain in place I selected, go to steam, launch from steam and works with all mods loaded with early campaign (what I had crashed loading).

Tested with all launch variations and works the same but still crashes loading up the copied files and trying to load through launcher. Using main game exe though steam or directly loads the crashed selection as long as the ETF launcher remains open.

Riddle me this one! LOL I am NOT a noob. Can take the game apart and put it back together but cannot for the life of me find the reason for this!
    If seeking instant gratification without thought to repercussions, take a shotgun to it!

What was your solution?

Anyway, always do this to install ETF and get it working.

1. Launch Steam Client and make sure ETW is installed in the Steam folder and NOT outside of the Steam folder, otherwise ETF won't work
    2. Run ETF 2.1.exe and follow the instructions (the Windows instructions about reinstalling the mod twice can be ignored)
    3. Launch ETW without mods just to ensure the game is working, otherwise verify game cache in Steam
    4. Exit ETW and launch ETF

Doing that should work, if not then let us know about it.

Civis

What was your solution?

Anyway, always do this to install ETF and get it working.

1. Launch Steam Client and make sure ETW is installed in the Steam folder and NOT outside of the Steam folder, otherwise ETF won't work
    2. Run ETF 2.1.exe and follow the instructions (the Windows instructions about reinstalling the mod twice can be ignored)
    3. Launch ETW without mods just to ensure the game is working, otherwise verify game cache in Steam
    4. Exit ETW and launch ETF

Doing that should work, if not then let us know about it.
    Working solution
    Put my AUM (including support) back in place converted to movie from mod pack
    Put back napoleon effects mod (already movie format)
    Ran ETF launcher, attempted to launch, allowed to crash, leave launcher open so files remain in place I selected, go to steam, launch from steam and works with early campaign (what I had crashed loading). (also works with all mods loaded except the startpos list)

I have no idea why the sudden change. I will keep working on it as I have time.

My Steam install path is G (games) yada yada yada normal path. ETW is installed to the Steamapps/common/empire folder and so is ETF.

By the way, as I see you give references of "according to" to install ETF 2.1 in windows 10, it must have compatibility set to Windows 7 or before.

OH, and I made an error above in my statement which I corrected in this post, the "fix" I list works for everything EXCEPT the startpos link on the launcher

As I said, when and if I have time, I will keep working on this to figure out what has changed. Right now I am guessing it is related to a windows update or another game I have installed.
    If seeking instant gratification without thought to repercussions, take a shotgun to it!

EXCEPT the startpos link on the launcher
    What you're trying to do with ETF doesn't work, because ETF is a mod foldered mod. Which means that every vanilla startpos.esf will be disabled by using modded startpos.esf files every time you launch the ETF launcher.

Civis

What you're trying to do with ETF doesn't work, because ETF is a mod foldered mod. Which means that every vanilla startpos.esf will be disabled by using modded startpos.esf files every time you launch the ETF launcher.
    Not meaning any offense here, but do you actually know anything about the mechanics of Empire Total Factions mod?

It is not just one mod, but more than a dozen different mods wrapped up into one launcher. Yes, it is foldered and separated into its distinctive parts. When you click one of the script launch points on the launcher it copies the vanilla files to a backup folder, replaces the vanilla files with the files you request, and launches the game using the chosen modded files. After completing playing, after shutting down the game, you then shut down the launcher which in its shutdown process replaces the vanilla files back where they belong so launching the game launches vanilla. It is why there is a warning about closing the launcher before shutting down the game.

The startpos link on the launcher is supposed to work and to allow you to choose a startpos mod to play which it copies into place to launch the selected startpos mod.

Thing is, I found a problem, brought the problem and the work around to the mod's forum to both notify and see if the modder knew anything about what is going on currently. So may I ask? Where is the original modder and the support people for this mod who knows how it works?
    Last edited by HawkDreams; February 06, 2021 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDreams View Post
    Not meaning any offense here, but do you actually know anything about the mechanics of Empire Total Factions mod?
    Actually I do know a thing or two, otherwise I wouldn't tried to help people to get ETF working for more than 5 years would I.

Because what you describe below is what I said in my previous post, didn't I.

It is not just one mod, but more than a dozen different mods wrapped up into one launcher. Yes, it is foldered and separated into its distinctive parts. When you click one of the script launch points on the launcher it copies the vanilla files to a backup folder, replaces the vanilla files with the files you request, and launches the game using the chosen modded files. After completing playing, after shutting down the game, you then shut down the launcher which in its shutdown process replaces the vanilla files back where they belong so launching the game launches vanilla.

It is why there is a warning about closing the launcher before shutting down the game.
    What warning are you talking about as I haven't seen any such a warning from day one when I started to play this mod?

Thing is, I found a problem, brought the problem and the work around to the mod's forum to both notify and see if the modder knew anything about what is going on currently. So may I ask? Where is the original modder and the support people for this mod who knows how it works?
    The modder who created ETF is HusserlTW, but unfortunately he retired from the modding scene 7-8 years ago.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-me-to-move-on

As for asking for support people, there is no support people around to help you, instead it's members on TWC like me who volunteer to help others with this mod.

Civis

Well crap.

First, apologies if we are both saying same and seeing it differently. And yeah, I have been away from here for a long time. Had not realized that long.

Oh well, about to get snowed in starting tomorrow night. I will work on disassembling and tracing the issue. Pretty sure it will work out to be permissions taken away during last windows update. If it requires any changes internally I will shoot you a copy so you have it.

By the way, if you have accumulated a wish list, shoot me a copy and I will see what i can do while I am in the core files.

Well crap.

First, apologies if we are both saying same and seeing it differently. And yeah, I have been away from here for a long time. Had not realized that long.
    No worries.

By the way, if you have accumulated a wish list, shoot me a copy and I will see what i can do while I am in the core files.
    I highly recommend you not doing that, because even if it works and want to release it, you must obtain permission from HusserlTW first. Of course it's okay to use it for personal use and only that.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...or_6_points.29

Civis

No worries.

I highly recommend you not doing that, because even if it works and want to release it, you must obtain permission from HusserlTW first. Of course it's okay to use it for personal use and only that.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...or_6_points.29
    Oh, I dont care anything at all about the credit for fixing or making a few minor additions. Was just going to hand it back to him through you on his post if there was a wishlist or minor buglist that has popped up. Besides I am well aware of thieves stealing and taking credit. Just had to report one for taking credit for my work on YouTube for trying to make a profit without permission or at least giving credit. I dont like it happening to me and would not do it to others.

Hi,

I've been trying to play ETF as an emergent faction (Ireland) and while I can get the launcher to work and the game itself to start, when I choose Ireland from the faction menu, (or any other faction for that matter, I've tried several) the game crashes on the initial loading screen to begin the campaign. I am currently using Windows 10 OS, but I have tried to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 but that hasn't worked either. I have read most of this thread to see if anyone has a similar problem but I haven't come across any answers. I've tried all of the different options from the ETF launcher menu, and have uninstalled/reinstalled Empire Total War and the mod itself several times. Curious if anyone has a fix for this issue. Any and all help is appreciated.

Welcome to TWC, PaulDelaney!

Two questions.

1. Where is Steam installed e.g C:\Program Files(x86)?
    2. Where is ETW installed e.g Steam\steamapps\common?

From what I know ETF requires ETW to be installed in Steam, otherwise ETF won't work properly and I think that has to do with how ETF is designed.

I appreciate the quick response.

1. Steam is installed on the C:\Program Files(86x)
    2. ETF is installed under the C:\Program Files(86x)\steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War

Unless the ETF itself is supposed to be installed in a different folder... but then again the launcher is functioning properly so I'm sort of clueless.

I'm not sure why it's not working but I do greatly appreciate the help.