Page 1 of 141 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 2809

Thread: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

  1. #1
    Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,317

    Default To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    As per this post from GrnEyedDvl.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Report large threads, 10,000 or so posts. I have no idea how many we have, but we need to close them and open new ones.
    Original thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by Original OP View Post
    IF YOU CANNOT READ THIS GREEK, THEN INSTALL GREEK FONTS ON YOUR SYSTEM
    Another way to read this is to right click anywhere in the Page, click coding, and then look for "Greek".

    Χαιρετώ όλους τους πατριώτες στο TWC! Για ελάτε να μαζευτούμε να δούμε πόσοι ήμαστε και να γνωριστούμε λιγάκι.

    Eμένα με λένε Βασίλη, 20 ετών και Αθηναίος.

    Cheers :happy

    EDIT: Λίστα με τους θαμώνες του καφενείου

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ΨευδώνυμοΌνομαΠροφίλ
    _Lacedaemonian_Βαγγέληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=52951
    {LEONTES} HadesΆκηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=29121
    {LEONTES} ThemistoklesΘέμηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=56720
    agisilaosΜιχάληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=31537
    agistournasΑγησίλαοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=40033
    AlexTheGoodΑλέξανδροςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=42849
    AlkimachosΣάκηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=75944
    AnastasiosΑναστάσιοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=7793
    Andrew1994Ανδρέαςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=52347
    AnthoniusIIΑντώνηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=23850
    AradanΒασίληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=27806
    AthiNeosΣέργιοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=67821
    Beorn of CarrokΤάσοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=48719
    cloneΒασίληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=37192
    Constantine PalaiologosΣωτήρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=50778
    DeathDroneΒασίληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=54547
    Demetrios2008Δημήτρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=44089
    Ellin AthinaiosΗλίαςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=46874
    EphialtesΣωτήρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=45449
    Faramir D'AndunieΑπόστολοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=39781
    GarbarsardarΘοδωρήςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=2205
    GiorgosΓιώργοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=22002
    Imperator-RexΔημοσθένηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=12148
    JarlaxeΠαναγιώτηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=52679
    Julius2Αντώνηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=39219
    karakalos10Χρήστοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=31037
    KaRoU23Γιωργοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=69658
    katafraktos79Στέλιοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=12498
    KeravnosΚώσταςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=10445
    koultourasΙωάννηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=46060
    MythosΠαναγιώτηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=1426
    neoptolemosΝίκοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=35171
    nettosΚωνσταντίνοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=43888
    NikosΝίκοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=40469
    NobleStef80Στέφανοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=41731
    RhodianΛευτέρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=64353
    Romanos IVΣέργιος-Παναγιώτηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=40937
    RomiosΚωνσταντίνοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=42530
    SatyrosΣταύροςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=4752
    StarlightmanΓιώργοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=24872
    The WickedΑποστόληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=25392

    Last edited by Frunk; July 04, 2017 at 05:51 AM. Reason: OPs merged.

  2. #2

    Default Trying to write Greek quotes on forums...

    "Άγις ό βασιλεύς ουκ έφη τους Λακεδαιμονίους έρωταν πόσοι είσίν, άλλά που είσιν οί πολέμιοι."

    "Agis the king said that the Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they."

    Edit - I am aware that not all the accents are correct, but Microsoft word has its limitations.

  3. #3
    Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)
    Posts
    33,702

    Default Re: Trying to write Greek quotes on forums...

    If you use XP, the language toolbar has a modern greek setting which I use when writing ancient greek, and I jsut ignore the accents other than breathings...

  4. #4
    Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    20,578

    Default Re: Trying to write Greek quotes on forums...

    it's correct, but the accent on erotan, should be on the a.

  5. #5
    Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)
    Posts
    33,702

    Default Re: Trying to write Greek quotes on forums...

    Surely the "ε" needs its breathing though?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Trying to write Greek quotes on forums...

    Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    it's correct, but the accent on erotan, should be on the a.
    erotan should have a breathing, not an accent and it should have a rounded thingy over the a. There are a few other problems as well. It's been eight years since I took any ancient Greek, so I just cannot be bothered to customize my keyboard to make all the symbols. Anyway, I just copied the quote from the Loeb edition of Plutarch's Moralia...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Trying to write Greek quotes on forums...

    Thx Olmsted. I'm the thread starter on the other forum

  8. #8

    Default Re: Trying to write Greek quotes on forums...

    No problem - happy to help.

  9. #9
    Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,317

    Default To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    As per this post from GrnEyedDvl.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    Report large threads, 10,000 or so posts. I have no idea how many we have, but we need to close them and open new ones.
    Original thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by Original OP View Post
    IF YOU CANNOT READ THIS GREEK, THEN INSTALL GREEK FONTS ON YOUR SYSTEM
    Another way to read this is to right click anywhere in the Page, click coding, and then look for "Greek".

    Χαιρετώ όλους τους πατριώτες στο TWC! Για ελάτε να μαζευτούμε να δούμε πόσοι ήμαστε και να γνωριστούμε λιγάκι.

    Eμένα με λένε Βασίλη, 20 ετών και Αθηναίος.

    Cheers :happy

    EDIT: Λίστα με τους θαμώνες του καφενείου

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ΨευδώνυμοΌνομαΠροφίλ
    _Lacedaemonian_Βαγγέληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=52951
    {LEONTES} HadesΆκηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=29121
    {LEONTES} ThemistoklesΘέμηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=56720
    agisilaosΜιχάληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=31537
    agistournasΑγησίλαοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=40033
    AlexTheGoodΑλέξανδροςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=42849
    AlkimachosΣάκηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=75944
    AnastasiosΑναστάσιοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=7793
    Andrew1994Ανδρέαςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=52347
    AnthoniusIIΑντώνηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=23850
    AradanΒασίληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=27806
    AthiNeosΣέργιοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=67821
    Beorn of CarrokΤάσοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=48719
    cloneΒασίληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=37192
    Constantine PalaiologosΣωτήρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=50778
    DeathDroneΒασίληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=54547
    Demetrios2008Δημήτρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=44089
    Ellin AthinaiosΗλίαςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=46874
    EphialtesΣωτήρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=45449
    Faramir D'AndunieΑπόστολοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=39781
    GarbarsardarΘοδωρήςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=2205
    GiorgosΓιώργοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=22002
    Imperator-RexΔημοσθένηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=12148
    JarlaxeΠαναγιώτηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=52679
    Julius2Αντώνηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=39219
    karakalos10Χρήστοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=31037
    KaRoU23Γιωργοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=69658
    katafraktos79Στέλιοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=12498
    KeravnosΚώσταςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=10445
    koultourasΙωάννηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=46060
    MythosΠαναγιώτηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=1426
    neoptolemosΝίκοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=35171
    nettosΚωνσταντίνοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=43888
    NikosΝίκοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=40469
    NobleStef80Στέφανοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=41731
    RhodianΛευτέρηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=64353
    Romanos IVΣέργιος-Παναγιώτηςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=40937
    RomiosΚωνσταντίνοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=42530
    SatyrosΣταύροςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=4752
    StarlightmanΓιώργοςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=24872
    The WickedΑποστόληςhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=25392

    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

  10. #10
    clone's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    3,465

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    πρωτος και καλος
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard



  11. #11
    Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    W. Macedonia, Greece/Hellas
    Posts
    5,370

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    Δεύτερος και καλύτερος......

    East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

  12. #12
    Constantine XII's Avatar Miles
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Athens,Attika,Greece
    Posts
    324

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    Να πάρει.....πάνω που είχαμε κάνει ρεκόρ ήρθαν και μας το έκλεισαν το μαγαζάκι.....

    Υ.Γ:Τρίτος και άριστος!

    Υ.Γ2:Κρίμα....Πέθανε ένας απ' τους καλύτερους τραγουδιστές στην Ελλάδα,ο Δημήτρης Μητροπάνος...
    Καλό Ταξίδι και αναπαύσου εν ειρήνη...!!!
    Last edited by Constantine XII; April 17, 2012 at 06:07 AM.

  13. #13
    clone's Avatar Primicerius
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    3,465

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    Quote Originally Posted by Constantine XII View Post
    Να πάρει.....πάνω που είχαμε κάνει ρεκόρ ήρθαν και μας το έκλεισαν το μαγαζάκι.....

    Υ.Γ:Τρίτος και άριστος!

    Υ.Γ2:Κρίμα....Πέθανε ένας απ' τους καλύτερους τραγουδιστές στην Ελλάδα,ο Δημήτρης Μητροπάνος...
    Καλό Ταξίδι και αναπαύσου εν ειρήνη...!!!
    ναι
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard



  14. #14
    Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    W. Macedonia, Greece/Hellas
    Posts
    5,370

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    Μ' αυτόν ερωτεύτηκα......

    Καλό του ταξίδι...

    East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

  15. #15
    SpyrosM91's Avatar Despotes
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Patras, Greece
    Posts
    3,677

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    Τέταρτος και Παν-άριστος...

    τί έγινε ρε παιδιά?? τους σκίσαμε τα βάρδουλα με τον αριθμό των πόστ μας στο TWC και μας κάνανε καινούργιο thread???
    Proud Tsardoms Total War: Historian - Coder - Scripter - Mapper

  16. #16
    AnthoniusII's Avatar XXI ARMORED BRIGADE
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Thessalonike Greece
    Posts
    22,415

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    Καποιοι θελουν να μας κρατουν χαμηλα.
    Αντε....και για αρχη....

    Οσοι απο εσας ειχατε τη τυχη να παιξετε MTW θα τον αναγνωρισετε.

  17. #17

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    όσοι δεν έχουμε παίξει.?
    "War is the mother of everything."
    -Heraclitus, Greek philosopher (535-475BC)

  18. #18

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimachos View Post
    Μ' αυτόν ερωτεύτηκα......
    Εγω παλι εκανα την πρωτη μου ζημια μετα ζεμπεκιας ....απο τις καλυτερες φωνες, δυστηχως μονο στην γειτονια των αγγελων θα τραγουδα πια.
    Ενω εμεις θα ακουμε τους νεο-αφωνους...παλι καλα που οι καποιοι απο τις παλιες σειρες ακομη τραγουδανε.



    Quote Originally Posted by SpyrosM91 View Post
    τί έγινε ρε παιδιά?? τους σκίσαμε τα βάρδουλα με τον αριθμό των πόστ μας στο TWC και μας κάνανε καινούργιο thread???
    Οι Κατω Αχαγιωτες του Αλκιμαχου φταινε για αυτο
    Απο τοτε που αφησε το κλαρινο και ασχολιθηκε μετην μοδα, φορτωσε το καφενειο πατατες

    Καλη αρχη στο New Cafe Americaine,
    που σαι Σπυρο μιας και ησουν παπας (τις αποκριες) ρηξε και ενα αγιασμο

    Καλη σας μερα

  19. #19
    Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    W. Macedonia, Greece/Hellas
    Posts
    5,370

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    ΚΑΛΗΜΕΡΑ


    East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

  20. #20

    Default Re: To Kafeneio! (Greek)

    just came here to see what has happend with the largest thread of TWC. ..


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •