Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance 2.75 modded - OwnRen42010

Default Re: Renaissance 2.75 modded - OwnRen42010

Yes, by "proper pike squares" I mean pikemen and gunners intermixed in the same space. Also, another problem with "fire by rank" is that they automatically wheel around towards the target instead of staying in a line you want them to.

I think I found another bug, by the way. It seems certain factions, particularly the eastern ones have the wrong accents. In my Portugal campaign Hungary and Poland were both using the British accents, which really threw me off the first time I clicked on them.

Hm, just noticed something else, not sure if it's a bug. Did you disable conquistadores for some reason? I was excited about using them with Portugal, but after taking Fortaleza I can't recruit them even with all the wall and barracks upgrades...

Hi,
    yes youre right, sometimes they move strange. I position them on their place in the battle line and let them shoot everyone which comes to close. So this is a good point.

Britin accents - maybe, i never played with those factions or paid attention to their accents.

As i saw you are familiar with modding --> Take a look into the export_descr_buildings.
    Dism. C./Conquistadores are strong units and the modders decided to let recruit them in the explorer guild, but the settlements cant start with a guild building. So you can move them into another building for recruitment or build a ship and discover parts of the atlantic ocean. Then a explorer guild will be offered to you.

So what you're saying is you need an explorer's guild for conquistadores? Figures, all I've been getting are swordsmith and thieves guilds.

Also, are all the earlier units unavailable in this mod? I noticed I started off with a unit of Jinetes but I seem unable to recruit them or javelinmen no matter what buildings I construct. Hope I am not bothering you with all the questions but I really enjoy playing a proper renaissance mod. :-)

No,
    you dont bother me - you make me mad
    Just build a ship a discover the atlantic ocean - a caravel or carack is able to do so.
    No more lovely earlier units like light spearmen who are to stupid to hold a position for a few seconds on the battlefield - What a pity!
    The starting units are mostly relicts and cant be filled up. The ai would build those cheap units also and your knights would run over them. So battles would be senseless (Thats the reason why i dont like ME2 vanilla).

Teutonics cannot recruit troops from cities and they have not Arqebushers

[size=13pt]Faction Stärke: Starke All-Raound[/size]

Libertus

I am a Portuguese guy and what i like to know is why did you take the Portuguese Knights out?

Libertus

could someone tellme how to download this?
    i can make the bach open but it is the normal medieval total war II

Libertus

COULD YOU TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL IT

Hello, I really want this mod but I use the steam version so am I ed? If you could offer any help, that'd be great. Btw, I've extracted all files in the folder to MTW2 and the mod folder (I've tried both) and I've also tried the Kingdoms Mod Manager, but no dice.

Me too, I dont understand how installer this mod (Steam).

Hello.
    I like the what you have done but I have a problem: whenever I press the bat file it comes up and then nothing happens [Ive put the four files into the ownren folder and then put the main folder into MTW directory] Please I really want a mod like this
    EDIT: am I supposed to put the bat file into the MTW directory not the ownren folder?????
    Thanks for any help oh and same goes to the main renaissance mod [ I run the installer and then I run the bat... nothing happens]
    anyway thnxs again m8

Hello
    Ive posted a stupid earlier so just ignore that I have a queastion: Can you recruit pikemen and if so where do I recruit them?? they werent on any of the barracks even upgraded ones [playing as England] is it a bug or have I not done something right??
    Anyway thanks for them mod, you have done a great job!!!!!!!
    Thanks for any help.

Hello there.
    Can anyone tell me is there an option for language of this mod? I have it in german and I would prefer english.

Extremely new here, i just wanted to know how to resolve the "M2TW has stopped working for an unkown reason" CTD, and how do i +rep? the whole team of renaissance and the condottiere all deserve it

also to mention the ctd happens only with the papal states..

Could anyone tell us where to unpack the zip file for steam users? Surely there is one person who knows. Also what do you click on to launch this mod? I just downloaded this and there is no Renaissance exe.

I try launching with Steam, which works with other mods and it doesn't work, i try launching with the OwnRen42010 batch file (there are no instructions to do this, there are no instructions regarding launching at all) and a little black window appears, as others have stated, and then disappears.

As soon as someone tells me and I get it to work I will post a new thread explaining step by step in simple language exactly what to do for everyone.

I will never understand why people put the hours of tedious work into making a mod and then release it with incomplete instructions and completely disregard Steam users (who now outnumber non-steam users 3 to 1).
    Last edited by Wolves In The Throne Room; January 09, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

I'll never understand why somebody makes a mod where you have to edit text files.

francis86's Avatar Decanus

Is there north america in this mod?

This mod is shaping up nicely, so it's a pity this is probably about as far as further development is going to get...However, there is one little thing that I was hoping would be solved in this version and isn't. It seems a simple thing to solve if you have the historical information, so I tried solving it myself simply by altering names and ages in the startup scripts, but this only crashed the game, so maybe somebody can tell me a better way to do it...

How can I recreate the authentic royal families of the time at the start of the game? I really find it somewhat unrealistic playing as William the Conqueror in 1492 rather than Henry VII...I thought it would be easy to change this, but obviously not...If somebody can help me do this, I'll sort out the details for all the factions and post the fix when I can get it working...
    Last edited by zaroff1; February 17, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast