Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45708586878889909192939495
Results 1,881 to 1,888 of 1888

Thread: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Curial Election Commentary Thread

don't we have a precedent about??

ok ok just kidding, but IIRC Genius was referring to Magistrate position and not to Censor.. or have I missed something?
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Genius applied for Censor. He could not have run as Magistrate, naturally, being a Tribune.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Really tired lately.
    By the way, I do not think anyone have to justify not wanting to participate actively in this place.
    It's is voluntary and harmless.
    Typical answers;
    • Real life (too busy)
    • Heavy into modding or writing (too busy)
    • Already have too many responsibilities (e.g. Content director) or conflicting responsibilities (e.g. moderator or admin)
    • Aversion to having any responsibilities
    • Aversion to "curia politics"
    • Aversion to judging other (magistrate/ censor)
    • Starting a new job or entering a new phase in my life and cannot commit.
    • The tribunal appeal system is silly (just appeal to moderators supervisors like other sites) and the Curator is just a "janitor." etc....
    • You love tacos
    • 2 or more of the above mentioned reasons.

Note: list is not exclusive,

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    In case anyone has been wondering, I could not find any provisions in the Constitution preventing Tribunes from running for the Censor position. Neither did any conflict of interest occur to me in that regard, as the two positions judge users in a quite different scope. Responsibly handling the information they are privy to in their respective positions can, I think, be expected from Tribunes, who are reliable members specifically chosen by Hex for their fair and impartial judgement.
    For me, by definition, the Tribune should/ ought to be ideally the most objective and fair person. They are chosen based on this and they remain their because of it. I believe GotR has been in his position for 3+ years, so it is safe to say he is just that.

Genius of the Restoration's Avatar You beaut and magical

Just two actually plus a couple of terms as a magistrate, but thanks to both of you for the confidence.

Moderator Emeritus

Oh my god, there will be a proper election with more than one candidate. Take that, ratification vote!
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: [Election-XXII-2015] Magistrate - Debate Thread

Not about the candidate but just out of curiosity what'd happen if nobody would get chosen?
    Re-start the application?

Moved from Magistrate Debate Thread as it is not a question to the candidates. ~Iskar
    Last edited by Iskar; December 24, 2015 at 04:45 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

If the only candidate fails the vote, then new elections are simply held, starting again with a seven days application period.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Ah forgot about this thread lol

Thanks