Page 92 of 95 FirstFirst ... 42678283848586878889909192939495 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1888

Thread: Curial Election Commentary Thread

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    this discussion is quite mot, whoever you give the votes too it doesn't change the results. I think we can drop the topic now, no?
    In my opinion electoral process is not only about the results. If it is, close the two processes that are taking place now and give Harry an me our badges.

I leave the discussion, but If this discussion is mot is just because none of Frosty's voters has demanded to restart the vote (or none of Frosty's voters has noticed the change / his withdraw).
    Last edited by mishkin; September 23, 2015 at 06:48 AM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

or no one has voted Frosty at all

or maybe because, at the end of the day, people looks more at cogency and less to rules.. ah that silly people
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

this discussion is quite mot, whoever you give the votes too it doesn't change the results. I think we can drop the topic now, no?
    I'm very sorry. Posting about an ongoing election in the curial election commentary discussion and mistakenly believing I made a little, but valid point. Instead it was all quite "moot".

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I voted for Frosty

But after all, this:

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Since the current Constitution has to be followed, the member with the plurality of votes wins the election. If only one member is running, then he, by default, has the plurality of votes even if he would have gotten only one vote (yes, I know that we do have a registered user called "Abstain" ).

So basically, it doesn't matter whether or not a candidate secludes oneself from any given election as long as only one other candidate remains. You'd have a moral dilemma if there would be more than one candidate remaining. In such a case I'd argue that the vote should be restarted for fairness reasons, but with only one candidate remaining and the election having started before the current amendment will have its vote finished, there's no dilemma what to do.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    In my opinion electoral process is not only about the results. If it is, close the two processes that are taking place now and give Harry an me our badges.

I leave the discussion, but If this discussion is mot is just because none of Frosty's voters has demanded to restart the vote (or none of Frosty's voters has noticed the change / his withdraw).
    I would if I could, but I am bound by the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I'm very sorry. Posting about an ongoing election in the curial election commentary discussion and mistakenly believing I made a little, but valid point. Instead it was all quite "moot".
    no need to apologize

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Blog Entries

Congrats Frosty (yes, it hurts)
    Last edited by mishkin; September 24, 2015 at 12:14 PM.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

We really, really need more applicants to all posts - we will not keep nicking them for moderation either! I was looking at the old CdeC votes - after 2 failed applications I finally was elected on the third, there were 3 seats an 7 candidates, some of the votes had 40+ voters. When I was ellected I was up against 3 incumbents, Leo was one of them. Anyway, at the time one of the questions was along the lines of what do you bring as a new candidate:

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    If humanity wasn't willing to try something new we'd be sitting in caves chewing on raw monkey bones.

You can stick with the existing councillors and I have no problem with them at all. They have done a fine job and they can be re-elected and do a fine job again, but by giving me a chance it's something different. I may be a shining beacon of hope for all the oppressed of the TWC (if there are any) or I may be complete pants and will be banished to some pit with an allowance of one post per month not exceed 5 words afterwards, but you'll never know if you don't vote for me.

Most likely I hope, is that I will do a decent job and it will be good enough to be re-elected in the future and we end up with a decent core of current and previous councillors scattered throughout the TWC.

It's your choice, raw cold monkey bones, or a nice medium-rare (or cooked to level of your choice) steak, or well cooked vegetarian alternative if that is your preference
    OK, it was a little flippant but the point remains, let's have some more applicants to the Curia positions, if you haven't applied previously to any position, do so - or it's cold (and very rotten by now) monkey bone stew for us. Please apply!

Not sure how that beacon of shining hope is working for me though

Citizen

Bring back the CdeC!!!!!!

If you pass it, they will come

Section Editor ES

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post

Oh Nooooss.....If Lord William sees that, we'll be knee deep in a CdeC revival debate by nightfall. "Republic, Republic"......{The twelve ghosts, stir momentarily then return to their eturnal slumber}

"How I do miss the banquets we used to have though.... the Fruit Smoothie Bars down by the stables, and the one by the tennis courts....."Sigh"
    {Ishan} "The charge of the 300" "We got your back LW, now where deemz stinky Persians at?

A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Blog Entries

Should not the elected guy receive a formal note and an invitation to join the censor group?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    {Ishan} "The charge of the 300" "We got your back LW, now where deemz stinky Persians at?

I shall send forth the 13th Legion, who shall prepare the proposal?

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Should not the elected guy receive a formal note and an invitation to join the censor group?
    My mistake I thought the election ended on the 27th but everything is fixed now lol

Section Editor ES

Blog Entries

I'm just anxious to dispense justice

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Will they . Unless one likes to collect badges and profile trinkets, CdeC was a waste of everyone's time by the end of its existence. It would be crazy to try bring that back.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

"The "300" were slaughtered en masse......no' Twas just a little pun for fun. No need to let fly with 55mm shells....

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I've heard the idea floated in the last Curator debate thread that someone might attempt to bring back Cdec....was just making the point that anyone crazy enough to try might end up like Leonidas and the 300!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

As you full well know my dear and profoundly admired friend...

Even though a spent force and with nothing remaining but a shell/husk of what perhaps might of and shoulda been. As long as I still draw shallow, incognizant breaths in this place, there is no remote chance of that corpse ever mounting a tangible/, suedo life force ressurection

Ergo...Intellectual Meh...

Citizen

Death finds us all, so bring on the might of the Persian army

I shall give power back to the senate

PS: your treachery reminds of the hunchback in 300

Section Editor ES

Just know that I have always been very fond of you and all the frenetic effort and energy that you put into things...

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

As at Thermopylae mine will be a hollow victory but I will not desecrate the corpse of abstain. His remains will be carried high and buried with full honours at Mega's villa between the hydrangeas and geraniums.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Sorry for the election delay. It should have been set up two weeks ago...
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.