Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Principality of Wallachia

Son of Fire's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: FACTION PREVIEW: Principality of Wallachia

Awesome... I dig the macemen...
    "Such Heroic Nonsense."

Outstanding stuff. I love the font; it looks like this "archaic script" used in Romanian Orthodox churches.
    Just one minor concern: the map for Wallachia looks like that for Transylvania. I know for a fact that in-game we have the map and factions set up properly, must be just a small mistake.

Outstanding work Phoenix and everyone! Can say that all our efforts were worth it!

P.S. macemen are my favorites as well, but the mosneni archers are also very unique. Spear-armed archers = a whole new world of strategy.
    Last edited by Romano-Dacis; April 11, 2010 at 09:02 PM.

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    Outstanding stuff. I love the font; it looks like this "archaic script" used in Romanian Orthodox churches.
    Just one minor concern: the map for Wallachia looks like that for Transylvania. I know for a fact that in-game we have the map and factions set up properly, must be just a small mistake.

Outstanding work Phoenix and everyone! Can say that all our efforts were worth it!

P.S. macemen are my favorites as well, but the mosneni archers are also very unique. Spear-armed archers = a whole new world of strategy.
    well, i was following this map
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...-Wallachia.jpg
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Great work really. I guess Wallachians would be my second choice. Love archer/horse archer based tactics.
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Great work Tsardoms Team!!! What next???

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

phoenix, i believe that Wallachia should include Targoviste as it was one of the principality's capitals

Ampra's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by matija191 View Post
    and "buzdovan" in croatian
    Serbo-Croatian

Excellent preview!
    Units look amazing , only one thing is wrong , i cant see a chance for Wallachian against Serbian knights charge
    "At first we were confused. The East thought that we were West, while the West considered us to be East. Some of us misunderstood our place in the clash of currents, so they cried that we belong to neither side- and others that we belong exclusively to one side or the other. But I tell you, Irenaeus, we are doomed by fate to be the East in the West and the West in the East, to acknowledge only heavenly Jerusalem beyond us, and here on earth--no one." - St. Sava (of Serbia) to Irenaeus, 13th century

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Ampra why war ? Romanian Principates never fight against his neighbours serbs.Always were good relations )

slavic_crusader's Avatar Biarchus

its just a game
    Слава Слога и вјеру у Бога!!!
    Slava Sloga i Vjeru u Boga

Supporter of Eastern Europe Total War!

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

Fantastic work everyone, looks truly epic!

Ampra's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by tavix View Post
    Ampra why war ? Romanian Principates never fight against his neighbours serbs.Always were good relations )
    You are right

And we shall keep to have those kind relation both in game and in RL
    "At first we were confused. The East thought that we were West, while the West considered us to be East. Some of us misunderstood our place in the clash of currents, so they cried that we belong to neither side- and others that we belong exclusively to one side or the other. But I tell you, Irenaeus, we are doomed by fate to be the East in the West and the West in the East, to acknowledge only heavenly Jerusalem beyond us, and here on earth--no one." - St. Sava (of Serbia) to Irenaeus, 13th century

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Agree !

its just a game, no need to act loyal or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    Ahhh!
    My eyes are just messed up then. The shapes looked similar by coincidence.
    Good job to the rest of the team once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian
    phoenix, i believe that Wallachia should include Targoviste as it was one of the principality's capitals
    We decided to make the map as such for several historic reasons:
    1) Targoviste only became the capital almost 50 years after the start of the game.
    2) at the start of the game, Wallachia began a big expansion eastward, eventually reaching the ends of Basarabia.

Therefore, to keep the game balanced and give a Wallachian player something to expand to, and the sake of historical accuracy, we decided to not include Targoviste into Wallachia at the start. We tried to reflect the borders as accurately as possible, and to make it more accurate would involve splitting that province in two, which would make Wallachia a very strong faction even without the need to expand.

We don't know exactly if it was part of Wallachia in 1345. What we do know was that Wallachia was still expanding/unifying eastward at this time, and since we couldn't make another province we made a compromise.
    Last edited by Romano-Dacis; April 12, 2010 at 06:54 AM.

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    Ahhh!
    My eyes are just messed up then. The shapes looked similar by coincidence.
    Good job to the rest of the team once again!
    anyways, why didn't we include Targoviste?
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Slavic crusader chill mate. It will be war eventually between this 2 factions ( in game ofc )

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

A few maps of Europe in the 14th century showing Wallachia which includes Targoviste (by comparing the shape with the one in the preview):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ok, i just saw Romano edited his post. Makes sense, although I still would have liked for Wallachia to have Targoviste
    Last edited by Wallachian; April 12, 2010 at 07:19 AM.

tavix, u seemed weird for a second lol, im chilled man, just funny seeing someone for real peace between orthodoz brothers in a game...

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I initially didn't get 90 % of the local names, but you got some good skill there
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by slavic_crusader View Post
    just funny seeing someone for real peace between orthodox brothers in a game...
    well to be honest I first had the same thought! ally with Serbia! Romanians and Serbians have always been friends and brothers and never fought each other... I remember being proud of my Romanian brothers in highschool when the history teacher told us that Romania was invited by other countries in the Balkans to participate in dividing the lands of Serbia but refused and Serbia sent us a letter saying that this is what true friends are for! . .but this is just a game... still I will try to ally with Serbia while playing as Wallachia to have a strong ally in the Southwest and concentrate on other fronts, trying to unite the Romanian Principalities! can't wait!
    Last edited by Visarion; April 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM.