Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buildings

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Buildings

so you could maybe do a better description for it then me

otherwise for a whole week i dont have much time for doing on this mod, so be patient on my work
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

but my english not so good....
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

Name: Etemenki
    Type: Religious
    Description: Like a mountain the great ziggurat of Marduk rises from the city of Babylon as a testament to the power of the god and his city.
    Factions: Babylonia
    Effect/Bonus: +10 law, +10 conversion to polytheism
    Comments: This building should probably not be something that can be built but rather a unique building that exists from the start in Babylon.

Name: Esagila
    Description: The great temple of the king of the gods here the people of Babylon and its rulers comes to sacrifice to their divine lord Marduk and his consort Sarpanit and subjugate themselves before his divine judgment. Knowing the god watches over them makes the people assured that they will be
    Effect/Bonus: +5 law, +10 happiness, +10 conversion to polytheism
    Comments:This building should probably not be something that can be built but rather a unique building that exists from the start in Babylon.

Name: Grain fields
    Type: Farming
    Description: The fields of grain produces the edible stable that supports the population. These fields are very simple and relies on the mercy of the gods for their yield.
    Faction: Israel, Judah, Phoenicia
    Effect/Bonus: +2 food production
    Comments: Probably the basic irrigational "building" for the Levantine factions where rain is the primary source of water as opposed to cannals or annual floodings. It should no doubt have a few degrees of upgrade to represent more sophisticated agricultural technices employed.

Name: Fruit Grove
    Type: Farming
    Description: Growing fruits allows both a more varied cusinue and the raw materials for further process into more expensive products for domistic consumation or export.
    Faction: Israel, Judah, Phoenicia
    Effect/Bonus: +1 food production, allows the construction of certain workshops.
    Comments: Should probably have a few upgrades to represent how a more extensive cultivation is established.

Name: Shrine of Yahawe the Living God
    Description: This is a shrine to the Living God of Israel and the only through god above, upon or below the earth. [further description]
    Factions: Israel, Judah
    Effect/Bonus: +5 conversion to Yahawism, +1 law
    Comments: This is the version of a shrine/temple to Yahawe that goes that he is the single god and thus follow a monotheistic interpritation of his place in the cosmos. Should of course be possible to upgrade to temple, large temple and huge temple.

Name: Shrine of Yahawe the Patron of the Twelve Tribes
    Description: This is a shrine to Yahawe the Patron of the Hebrew People and one of the seventy sons of El. [further desciption]
    Factions: Israel, Judah
    Effect/Bonus: +5 conversion to polytheism, +1 law
    Comments: This is the version of the shrine/temple to Yahawe that goes that is the patron of the twelve Hebrew tribes but in the cosmology he is but one god among many and one of the sons of El. Can be upgrades to temple, large temple and huge temple.
    Last edited by Gurkhal; November 22, 2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Added the part about shrines to Yahawe

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Name: the Séol
    Type: err... law/public order
    Description: The Séol (hebrew, meaning hell) , this multi-storey building, which was used as the barracks by the occupíing Assyrian forces in the city of Babylon. It was also the HQ of the secret police. Since lots of babylonean citizens were taken to the Séol (to be never seen again), this building still stirs up bad memories of locals
    Effect/Bonus: +1 law, -3 happiness
    Comments: unique building, (the secret police HQ in Babylon) should be a priority of Babylon to destroy it

Name: Street of aramaeans/jews/etc.
    Type: unique revenue generating building
    Description: Among the great mass of people living in the city of Babylon, there were lots of
    non-babyloneans. They arrived as mostly traders or masters of their profession. There different methods added to the value of the city.
    Faction: Babylon
    Effect/Bonus: +1 tax, +1 trade, -1 religious/cultural conversion
    Comment: I think only in the city of Babylon

"Séol" actualy means "the way".its a phrase used to describe the final way,so peuple wont have to say "beyt hacafshit"(house of freedom,where you are free of pain).it comes out of the Belief that if you call in somethings name,it will come quicly.mot,the god of death was called usualy "hadad umeidad",meaning "friendship and love" out of the same reason(ironicly speaking).
    the usual modern name for hell,gehenom,is taken from the bible."gay ben hinom" is a vally that belonged to a person who was the son of hinom,a place of pagan warship.its said that there were children sacrifice to molech there.in fact,People probably only jumped over the fire,rather than actualy entering it.
    Last edited by tsur; December 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12