Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions & Suggestions

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: Questions & Suggestions

will there be any unique settlements? If so could you list them?

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    will there be any unique settlements? If so could you list them?
    not yet in the first release
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

Ardashir 7's Avatar Libertus

Default Suggestions...

hey mates
    firstly i want to congratulate you in making such a marvelous mod
    secondly i think it would be more fun if u can add some cities in arabia such as
    the city of The Prophet Saleh Known as (Madian) and the great city of The Tribe Of Ad'd Called (Eram)
    the first one was founded in the north of (the holy city of Medina and south of Tabuk)
    from over 5000 years ago, this city was really full of wonders ! they say that the tribe of The Prophet Saleh have built their houses inside the mountains !
    the second one was founded in the east of (the Region of Zufar) (Sultanate of Oman)
    by king (Shadad Son Of Ad'd) from over 5500 years ago, in history there was no such city greater than this city, full of every meaning of civilization and the houses in this city was built from pure diamonds ! they say that over 30000 workers have built this magnificent city !
    and here is some pics and maps
    please i want to see these two cities in the mod.

Also i have some ideas about adding persia as an independent tribe in the game as the coming new power in late 600 B.C in asia (Starting with Cyrus Revolution in south of Persia = Perspolis)
    (it will be just like the coming of the mongols in medieval 2 total war)
    with a new faction As Persia ! sounds great, right ?

Adding some events like
    Israels carried captive into Media after defeat by Sargon II in about 722 B.C
    The Phrygians Overrun Anatolia about 720 B.C
    The birth of Zoroaster in 660 B.C,
    Birth of Achaemenes about 650 B.C
    Nebuchadnezzar Takes the throne of Babylon 605 B.C
    Nebuchadnezzar Sacks Jerusalem and destroy israel in 587 B.C
    The Defeat Of The Last King Of Media Astyages By Cyrus The Great in about 580 B.C
    Death Of Nebuchadnezzar in about 561 B.C

*Lastly*
    1.before the fall of egypt in 525 B.C by the persians, egypt have used the greeks and kushs in defending the eastern borders (Sinai) for that you must add some greek and kush warriors to egypt
    2.the medians have used the heavily armoured spearmen for the first time in asia so i sugguest adding Median Heavy Spearman as a unique unit for media , also the indian elephants.
    that was some of my ideas to improve the mod
    i hope u like it...

dragonsign's Avatar International Brigade

Default Re: Suggestions...

Thansk for input!

Persia will be an emerging faction, so dont worry

Ardashir 7's Avatar Libertus

Great!
    Very Proud To Be Muslim
    There Is No God But Allah
    The Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) Have Teached The World How To Live In Peace,And The Nowadays Media Will Only Delude The Empty Headed !
    There Is No Connection Between Us And The World Trade Center Attacks At All,The Ones Who Have Did It Are Mercenaries Taking Our Forms To Make You Hate Islam,Muslims,Go And Seek The Truth...Don't Let Them Fool You
    We Muslims Don't Hate Anyone,We Are Not Terrorists,We Only Seek Peace
    Islam Is The Only Way To The Truth,Read Our History And You Will Completely Know Who Is The Terrorist And Who Is The Righteous???
    Again Iam Very Proud To Be One Of Muhammed's Followers.

There will be siege weapon in the mod? like Blistra???

you can do the holly temple of isreal as a fortress or somthing like that.
    in adition you can also do the Ark of the Covenant as if he was the cross in kingdom of jerusalem which will raise the moral of the soldiers.

Selah's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by too View Post
    in adition you can also do the Ark of the Covenant as if he was the cross in kingdom of jerusalem which will raise the moral of the soldiers.
    Very good!

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Quote Originally Posted by too View Post
    we're planning on creating the Ark of Covenant
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

the red rock building second from the left,first row is petrah.
    its in jorden,and it was the nabatian capital.
    the city built in the 9 century BC by the edomites,but the actual rock building couldnt have been built befoure the 3 century BC,when the nabatians captured it.
    Last edited by tsur; December 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

i realy like this mod. i have only one suggestion. a bit better models specialy the faces
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i realy like this mod. i have only one suggestion. a bit better models specialy the faces
    As you might have noticed, the Babylonian and Assyrian units were of a better quality (though still not 'perfect') than that of say Egypt, or Judah. So without giving too much away, we'll be releasing another preview soon to show that we're reworking our old units...nothing.
    Last edited by Atatürk; December 27, 2010 at 04:55 AM.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Watching a show about Qatna on NATGEO and looked it up. From what I see Assyria hadn't conquered western syria yet after their defeat at Qarqar in 854 and didn't take the levant until the 700s so it could be useful for the rebel Syrian settlements in the area.
    http://www.qatna.org/en-index.html official site of the excavations.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

ealfing's Avatar Laetus

Default Who was Ishtar?

Forgive me, but...
    But who was "Ishtar?"

Sincerely
    Ealfing
    Eagerly awaiting the fruit of your labors

Default Re: Who was Ishtar?

You'll be able to see alot of her in Mesopotamia

dragonsign's Avatar International Brigade

Thank you!

Ardashir: If you want to play a Persian mod, go play Rise of Persia for RTW. Also, your information was interesting until you said there was no such greater city, and that it was built with diamonds, which are both lies. Arabia has always been a land that no one cares about. The reason why the Egyptians, the Hittites, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, the Persians, the Greeks, the Romans, and every other empire, INCLUDING the mongols and timurids didn't bother to invade Arabia or make it into a province was because it wasn't worth the effort. Sparse lands and small populations, along with a vast desert of nothingness was what kept Arabia independent. A great city probably, but you insult every other culture that has produced far greater things than Arabia has by calling it the greatest city.

Wow, this mod looks exactly like what i've been looking for. Might I humbly suggest that the Lydians and Skythians also be included? Perhaps Carthage could be an emerging faction? What about the Sea Peoples?

Anyway, i'd really like to help with this mod anyway i can, though i have little experience modding. If there's anything i can do to help let me know it.

Wow, this mod looks exactly like what i've been looking for. Might I humbly suggest that the Lydians and Skythians also be included? Perhaps Carthage could be an emerging faction? What about the Sea Peoples?
    Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm afraid that Carthage however is a bit to far to the west and the Sea Peoples had already left the stage when our mod starts.

Anyway, i'd really like to help with this mod anyway i can, though i have little experience modding. If there's anything i can do to help let me know it.
    We have a forum for public research and so if there's anything you would like to share please feel free to post it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast