Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Arrival of Croats and Serbs

Default Re: Arrival of Croats and Serbs

Quote Originally Posted by MeAgain View Post
    They don't need a law for that it's been going on for a long time. My mother is Croat and my father is Serb, both from BiH.

Both of you (Bosnian_King and Carpathian Wolf) are off-topic and are clearly both wrong about most of the crap you wrote. I would like to plead with somebody to delete both your posts as well as this one. Thank you in Advance.
    Settle down with the KGB censorship comrade. What is "crap" about what I posted?
    "Mors Certa, Hora Incerta."

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

slavic_crusader's Avatar Biarchus

Bosnians were a nation of their own, but they are gentically same as serbs and croats. As serbs and croats are gentically the same as well
    Слава Слога и вјеру у Бога!!!
    Slava Sloga i Vjeru u Boga

Supporter of Eastern Europe Total War!

Quote Originally Posted by slavic_crusader View Post
    Bosnians were a nation of their own, but they are gentically same as serbs and croats. As serbs and croats are gentically the same as well
    Well what is a nation? I can wear my hat backwards and pray to a different god and now I am my own nation?

Sure Bosniaks evolved their own identity but you don't have to be a Bosniak to be a Bosnian. Bosnian is a regional name. The Serbs in Bosnia are just as Bosnian, (if not more,) they're still Christian, than the Bosniaks who adopted Turkish culture.

"We are a brave people of a warrior race, descendants of the illustrious Romans, who made the world tremor. And in this way we will make it known to the whole world that we are true Romans and their descendants, and our name will never die and we will make proud the memories of our parents." ~ Despot Voda 1561

"The emperor Trajan, after conquering this country, divided it among his soldiers and made it into a Roman colony, so that these Romanians are descendants, as it is said, of these ancient colonists, and they preserve the name of the Romans." ~ 1532, Francesco della Valle Secretary of Aloisio Gritti, a natural son to Doge

Quote Originally Posted by Carpathian Wolf View Post
    Well what is a nation? I can wear my hat backwards and pray to a different god and now I am my own nation?

Sure Bosniaks evolved their own identity but you don't have to be a Bosniak to be a Bosnian. Bosnian is a regional name. The Serbs in Bosnia are just as Bosnian, (if not more,) they're still Christian, than the Bosniaks who adopted Turkish culture.
    While I agree with almost everything you wrote in this post, for the simple fact that it's completely off-topic makes it 'crap'.

There is no need to call me commrade and link me with KGB, I'm not Soviet or a communist. If you have something that relates to the arrival of Serbs and Croats, by all means say it, if not...need I say more?

i was not talking about bosniaks lol
    I was talking in general. I could conisder my self as half bosnian by my father's side of the family, lived there for 200yrs. But u must think that many bosnians in the medieval period obvliusly changed, so its not the same anymore, the meaning obvously changed. Now to be bosnian u must be born there to be one of them or related. Perhaps earlier it was a whole different meaning. Do u generally undertand what im saying?

Quote Originally Posted by MeAgain View Post
    While I agree with almost everything you wrote in this post, for the simple fact that it's completely off-topic makes it 'crap'.

There is no need to call me commrade and link me with KGB, I'm not Soviet or a communist. If you have something that relates to the arrival of Serbs and Croats, by all means say it, if not...need I say more?
    Considering Bosnia is composed of Serbs and Croats i'm on topic.

i was not talking about bosniaks lol
    I was talking in general. I could conisder my self as half bosnian by my father's side of the family, lived there for 200yrs. But u must think that many bosnians in the medieval period obvliusly changed, so its not the same anymore, the meaning obvously changed. Now to be bosnian u must be born there to be one of them or related. Perhaps earlier it was a whole different meaning. Do u generally undertand what im saying?
    Actually I think most of the Bosnians in the medieval period remained Christian while only the ruling class elite or those who would become that became "Bosniak Muslim." But I think I understand what you mean.

u must also conisder the migrations of serbs and all that, especially during the ottoman peroid and thats y there is alot serbs living in bosnia

Guys leave Bosnia out of this thread. This is about the ARRIVAL of Serbs and Croats, and not about the composition of the Bosnian population, politics, who is what, etc....

ok i agree

u must also conisder the migrations of serbs and all that, especially during the ottoman peroid and thats y there is alot serbs living in bosnia
    When was this? It would have to be a massive migration outnumbering all other groups in Bosnia. Sorry but that's non sense. Bosnia was described as a Serb land even in the 900s.

well when serbs moved to bosnia when serbia was conquered by the ottomans to stay away from ottoman rule. Same as well to croatia. Away from Kosovo thats one of the reasons y there are problems in all these areas becuase people moved

Son of Fire's Avatar Tiro

True, but I think what CarWolf is saying is that though that happened later, it still doesn't explain the mention of Serbs in Bosnia at much earlier dates...
    "Such Heroic Nonsense."

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

medieval Bosnians and today's Bosniaks are not in common
    they only have same blood in common, but not the religion and culture. leave them in distance.
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Fire View Post
    True, but I think what CarWolf is saying is that though that happened later, it still doesn't explain the mention of Serbs in Bosnia at much earlier dates...
    Exactly. It isn't like Serbs were a later addition to Bosnia than "Bosnians." Bosnian is just the regional name of the people living there...which includes Serbs. There is no distinction. Saying "those people are Bosnians not Serbs" is like saying "those people are New Yorkers, not Americans." Makes no sense.

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Exactly. It isn't like Serbs were a later addition to Bosnia than "Bosnians." Bosnian is just the regional name of the people living there...which includes Serbs. There is no distinction. Saying "those people are Bosnians not Serbs" is like saying "those people are New Yorkers, not Americans." Makes no sense.
    it is a lot complicated than that. you can't compare 20th century America to 14th century Bosnia. you are talking about time before existence of modern sense of nationality.

fact is that nobility of this region insisted on calling themselves "Bosnians". not Serbs, not Croats but "Bosnians" whatever that meant at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by matko View Post
    it is a lot complicated than that. you can't compare 20th century America to 14th century Bosnia. you are talking about time before existence of modern sense of nationality.

fact is that nobility of this region insisted on calling themselves "Bosnians". not Serbs, not Croats but "Bosnians" whatever that meant at the time.
    Do we have a quote of someone saying "i'm Bosnian, not Serb" ?

Son of Fire's Avatar Tiro

If that is the case then to me that would seem merely a case of supplanting ethnic identity with political/regional/national identity...
    Not that, that is wrong or anything...
    "Such Heroic Nonsense."

why does that matter it does change throughout time and i think i told u before

Do we have a quote of someone saying "i'm Bosnian, not Serb" ?
    No we don't have such a quote. But we have like 1000 quotes of Bosnian kings who are writing:" ...Bosnians, Serbs , Croats..." when summing them up in different documents. It is not less than logical that they considered "Bosnian" something different then "Serb" isn''t it?

If a Bosnian king Tvrtko II is writing:"Who ever is a Bosnian or whoever is not a Bosnian; but still an inhabitant of the Bosnian kingdom has the obligation to....." That means that in the Bosnian kingdom lived those who were Bosnians and those who were not. Those whoe were not Bosnians were Serbs and Croats off course.

Or king Tvrtko I writes about the attacks on the Croatian cities in Dalmatia and he writes:"Croats and Bosnians attacked...." Isn't it logical that he considered a Croat differentfrom a Bosnian?

When the Croatian nobleman Hrvoje Vukicic Hrvatinic (a 1000000% Croat) joined the Bosnian stated and when he was invited at the "Bosnian "National" meeting" in Visoko..the Bosnian first king wrote:"And Hrvoje came to me with his Croats... about this fact the noble Bosnians can testify".

Of couse some part of Bosnia was part of Serbia but 3 centuries later some part of serbia was part of Bosnia. What does that proove? If Tvrtko is talking about "Bosnian lands" and summing up the teritory of a part of Serbia; does that mean that the inhabitants are Bosnians? No it means that this people lived under the Bosnian rule. Nothing more and nothing less.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    No we don't have such a quote. But we have like 1000 quotes of Bosnian kings who are writing:" ...Bosnians, Serbs , Croats..." when summing them up in different documents. It is not less than logical that they considered "Bosnian" something different then "Serb" isn''t it?

If a Bosnian king Tvrtko II is writing:"Who ever is a Bosnian or whoever is not a Bosnian; but still an inhabitant of the Bosnian kingdom has the obligation to....." That means that in the Bosnian kingdom lived those who were Bosnians and those who were not. Those whoe were not Bosnians were Serbs and Croats off course.

Or king Tvrtko I writes about the attacks on the Croatian cities in Dalmatia and he writes:"Croats and Bosnians attacked...." Isn't it logical that he considered a Croat differentfrom a Bosnian?

When the Croatian nobleman Hrvoje Vukicic Hrvatinic (a 1000000% Croat) joined the Bosnian stated and when he was invited at the "Bosnian "National" meeting" in Visoko..the Bosnian first king wrote:"And Hrvoje came to me with his Croats... about this fact the noble Bosnians can testify".

Of couse some part of Bosnia was part of Serbia but 3 centuries later some part of serbia was part of Bosnia. What does that proove? If Tvrtko is talking about "Bosnian lands" and summing up the teritory of a part of Serbia; does that mean that the inhabitants are Bosnians? No it means that this people lived under the Bosnian rule. Nothing more and nothing less.
    agreed, you have a point certainly what would i say.
    almost all Nemanjic rulers speak of Bosnians as different nation, not Serbian nation, but yet still, of brother nation (culture, language etc.)
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast