Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Napoleon Egyptian Campaign

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Napoleon Egyptian Campaign

Gah I hated that campaign, I remember when I got thee 20 turns left warning, I was like WTF!?! that was quick, then made a made dash for ALL the objectives, got the last one at the very top with like 2 turns left.. Made me laugh.

I also got the British Island, which was by far the hardest objective.

Those damn raids though... made me wanna ...

Quote Originally Posted by kokonut666 View Post
    i know cyprus gives you an easy way of getting rid of Nelson but i think it reduces your fun later. Nelson would drop some half stacks near alexandria once and a while and i enjoy exterminate them on the beachhead
    That's true, once I sent my whole army up north to destroy the Ottomans, and then i didn't expect the Brits to drop an army near me. They took 3 cities before I was able to counter them.

MastahCheef117's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Bow-wow-wow View Post
    I actually really enjoyed the egyptian campaign. There are 3 or 4 cities right next to alexandria ripe for conquering. Just build up an army and go take cairo and the mamluks arn't even a problem anymore. Don't do the mission about the Beoudinis if you march all the way down south and try to conquer that city, your army will be basically dead and even if you do get the city, It doesn't destroy the faction like it says it will. Don't bother with the english navy mission, They have 122 gun first rates and your biggest ship possible of making is a 32 gun frigate. Don't even waste your money on a navy at all. Before you envade syria, build up 3 huge armies and seize the cities one by one; They'll all surrender. Then just take the final ottoman city which will be a very hard and bloody battle but if you can manage to win, you win the campaign.
    I didn't know Houdini was around that time XD

("Beoudinis"
    Losing battles in Total War since Rome.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French

Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom - The story of Lt. Col. William J. Barker and the 71st Ohio Infantry

MastahCheef117's Avatar Civis

It was pretty easy up to about 30 turns when I sent Napoleon and a hard-built full stack south to the Bedouins, where like half my army was lost to attrition and strangely the rest were killed in battle XD
    Losing battles in Total War since Rome.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French

Shouting the Battle Cry of Freedom - The story of Lt. Col. William J. Barker and the 71st Ohio Infantry

valentinian's Avatar Libertus

Don't fight the Bedouin camps with your field army. They're too valuable for that. Save your French line for the European-trained Ottoman army.

The Bedouins have only camels in the field; their only infantry are armed citizens in their camps. Literally, they cannot build any other unit besides Camel Warriors and Camel Gunners. Remember that your general's staff, your Libyan Bedouin militia, and your own dromedary cavalry do not suffer desert attrition.

Matruh is within 2 turn's march from the nearest town, so you should only take 1 turn of attrition getting there. After you take Matruh (the westernmost Bedouin camp), you'll get camel warriors and dromedary cavalry. Led by a good general (Bessieres or Eugene de Beauharnais will do), your Bedouin-fighting force should consist of Libyan militia and camels. You can go march on those deep-desert Bedouin settlements for months without needing resupply. When engaged, fire the first volleys with militia and dromedary gunners, then counter-charge with your camels.

You should be able to end the Bedouin threat easily. However, it still takes forever to walk there, and the camps don't even make enough money to pay for their own garrisons once you have them. So unless you're looking to paint the entire map blue, much easier just to transport over to the victory objective regions and win quickly.
    Last edited by valentinian; April 12, 2010 at 12:46 AM.

strategy that worked well for me.
    invade province on the coast to the right of alexandria.
    build up armies and economy any way you want.
    then crush any armies to the south and take cairo.
    then build up army in alexandria and cairo. use army in cairo as defensive army. (counter-attack if possible) build up 2 armies and navy of 4-6 ships. split navy send half of navy to draw nelson away.
    put 1 army (full stack) on other navy and take cyprus. then recombine navy. then make small garrison force on cyprus to keep people happy.
    then take full stack army and invade syrian coast. and north lebanon. build 2nd army in syria and attack syria, damascus, amman and down coast with other army on left. meanwhile send army in alexandria and secure regions around it. and up into palestine to link up with army in north.

It was actually pretty easy
    My only real trouble was Bedouins that always wreck my auto-resolve because those camel warriors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12