Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.5.9 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 31 July)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.7 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 23 April)

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor BLUBBS VII View Post
    Im modding the data folder...
    I'm guessing you mean the CA .packs in the data folder. If so, that's your problem. You need to follow the tutorial and create a custom .pack. Also pay attention to the bit about starting with the most recent tables.

If you need to fix anything in your default files, open Steam and right-click NTW. Select Properties>Local Files>Verify game cache. Steam will search your files and return any that have been changed to a default state.

Emperor BLUBBS VII's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.7 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 23 April)

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I'm guessing you mean the CA .packs in the data folder. If so, that's your problem. You need to follow the tutorial and create a custom .pack. Also pay attention to the bit about starting with the most recent tables.

If you need to fix anything in your default files, open Steam and right-click NTW. Select Properties>Local Files>Verify game cache. Steam will search your files and return any that have been changed to a default state.
    Thanks for the help I'll notify u if it works
    Advance to Contact. Duffer Mod.

You just got to love Steam! It is the best ever. Great customer support and great download speeds!
    Never blame computers for they always do what they are told.
    - Me

It works Erasmus! How do you put your mods on TWC and allow them to be downloaded by others?!??!?

It works Erasmus! How do you put your mods on TWC and allow them to be downloaded by others?!??!?
    Good stuff. I'm glad it worked for you. You can post your mod by starting a new thread in whichever forum applies to your mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...sprune=&f=1434

Hey there, sorry to bother you again.

I've found I've got the same problem as in post #106, but running as admin doesn't help.
    When I run PFM it asks for a folder to be related to and I enter: My mod( a new folder I made and even if I enter the data folder still wont do)

Then I try to open a pack file and it shows that errror stuff.
    PFM folder is in data folder.
    I put it once in the Napoleon TW folder but keeps showing that error!
    I've got win7 2gb Ram core 2 duo E8500 3.16Ghz

Thanks again!

Hey Erasmus, just wondering have you got any plans for a PFM v1.5.8, possibly doing something with luac files and/or making mp3 and wav files play straight to your Windows Media Player or whatever your defeat media player is.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I doubt we will ever get the luacs decompiled Beale, and if we do it wont be through pfm.

Quote Originally Posted by Josst View Post
    I doubt we will ever get the luacs decompiled Beale, and if we do it wont be through pfm.
    Most definitely.
    Alpaca decompiled some of Empires ones, theres a thread floating around somewhere in that mod workshop for it
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by X02switchblade View Post
    Hey there, sorry to bother you again.

I've found I've got the same problem as in post #106, but running as admin doesn't help.
    When I run PFM it asks for a folder to be related to and I enter: My mod( a new folder I made and even if I enter the data folder still wont do)

Then I try to open a pack file and it shows that errror stuff.
    PFM folder is in data folder.
    I put it once in the Napoleon TW folder but keeps showing that error!
    I've got win7 2gb Ram core 2 duo E8500 3.16Ghz

Thanks again!
    Try turning off UAC while you mod. Click "Start" and type "uac" in the search box. Drop the slider to the lowest setting. Let me know if that doesn't work.

@Beale -- I'm not opposed to a version 1.5.8, but I don't have time right now. I'd probably add more tables before making sounds playable though. As TopCat pointed out, the Luac files aren't easily decompiled.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Good stuff. I'm glad it worked for you. You can post your mod by starting a new thread in whichever forum applies to your mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...sprune=&f=1434
    I mean how do you allow others to download the mod? Or put it on like megaupload or some other website?

I mean how do you allow others to download the mod? Or put it on like megaupload or some other website?
    You zip your mod by right-clicking on it and selecting "Send to>Compressed folder". Then attach it to your new thread in the forum I linked above by clicking "Go Advanced" and then selecting the paperclip icon. If it's too big to attach you can upload it to TWC or a hosting site such as megaupload. In the case of the latter, follow the instructions.

Turned off the uac, but still get the error...

Turned off the uac, but still get the error...
    Try right-clicking on your data folder and selecting "Properties>Security". In "Group or user names" window, make sure that the Administrators group has full access. Then click "Owners" and make the Administrator the owner.

This is all assuming you have administrative privileges on your account. If not, that's the problem.

Good news (I think!?!) I've managed to open Brigad grahams pack, media pack and others but patch.pack and patch_en.pack wont
    Where are the soldiers and others' tables? Do i have to mod a mod like order of war?
    Thanks for your help anyway!

Good news (I think!?!) I've managed to open Brigad grahams pack, media pack and others but patch.pack and patch_en.pack wont
    Where are the soldiers and others' tables? Do i have to mod a mod like order of war?
    Thanks for your help anyway!
    Great. Start with patch3.pack and work your way backward to data.pack until you find the tables you need.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I don't think I like the new "Save before Renaming" feature. Especially if I need to rename a whole list of things and going back and forth between renaming the saving gets tedious.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Export the tsv and do it in excel then.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I don't think I like the new "Save before Renaming" feature. Especially if I need to rename a whole list of things and going back and forth between renaming the saving gets tedious.
    Cntrl-S is your friend. Right-click, rename, control-S--you can do it in a matter of seconds. The save before renaming prevents a bug that's a much bigger pain in the ass, but I understand. Get the hotkey ingrained and you won't even think about it anymore.

Dear erasmus777,
    if there is an opportunity to import changed TVS file back in Atlas through PFM???
    In manual to fill changes in Atlase long and tiresomely......
    Thank you..